Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Port Vale - Match Report Post #50

+16
karlypants
NickFazer
Numpty 28723
wessy
rammywhite
Fabians Right Peg
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
bryan458
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'll give anybody on here 10/1 Scunthorpe won't be in top 2 come May.

The defence is top notch at the moment.  Anyone in front of them is very hit and miss.  Luckily for us they all seem to be hitting rather than missing at the same time and its great for confidence and hopefully we can push on.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Everyone played well today. Madine was excellent and a real handful.(Never thought I would say that). Derrick was exceptional and completely ran the show in midfield. Vela had his best game in ages. When Ameobi gets fully match fit he's going to be awesome at this level. Even Trotter was passable. Haven't enjoyed a home match as much in ages.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Clough took his goal well but he plays too wide and isn't involved enough.

I don't get it.

You used to talk like Klasnic was undroppable, even though he'd touch the ball about two or three times a match. With Clough, you seem to find it infuriating that he admittedly has these sorta 20 minute periods where he doesn't do very much.

I actually think he does a great job even when he's not on the ball so much. He works quite hard, drops back a lot, and for somebody that small he does get quite stuck in.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's a coincidence that he has had a run of games and we're suddenly winning every match quite comfortably. Obviously Ameobi has made a massive difference too, but without those two I'd see us really struggling to score goals.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I don't get it.

You used to talk like Klasnic was undroppable, even though he'd touch the ball about two or three times a match. With Clough, you seem to find it infuriating that he admittedly has these sorta 20 minute periods where he doesn't do very much.

You absolute gobshite. Klasnic was playing in the Premier League where chances were at a premium. You need someone to snaffle them up, even if he does fook all else.

We are currently in League 1, a big fish in a small pond, we have a lot more possession and need our wingers (if that's what we're now calling Clough) to support Madine and Vela. Too many times Madine won the ball only for Clough to be stuck out wide playing on his Nintendo.

Not for a minute am I saying drop Clough, what I am saying is he should get involved more.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:I'll give anybody on here 10/1 Scunthorpe won't be in top 2 come May.
As a betting man i would take that, i only see four teams that can make the top two you offer two places.

i remember reading a leading sporting life tipster pre season his tip surprised me it was Scunthorpe United.

I am willing to stake £10 that i will pay to charity if you are correct, if your wrong  you cough up to a charity of your choice?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll take that bet Martin, £10 also.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If Clough drifts out of games BUT scores every game then he has done his job, the league is immaterial,  Some of the greatest players did sod all for 80 minutes but when it mattered they produced. (Greaves, Law) 

Not every player can affect a game for 90 minutes (very few) so the argument is stupid, same with Ameobe you only point out the negative part of his performance when in truth is he had a major effect on the game by making space and taking defenders out. 

You wouldn't expect Beevers to take on the full back like a winger, it's not his job so why expect others to have every tool in the box

We were awesome for 16 minutes job done, so we took our foot off the pedal, but how many fans left feeling short changed. None

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:We were awesome for 16 minutes job done, so we took our foot off the pedal, but how many fans left feeling short changed. None

Arrogant post. Did you poll people as they left?

I felt short changed as you put it, they played for 60 minutes then took their foot off the pedal. Do I get a third of my ticket price back?

If the result is all that matters why bother going, a 3-1 win is a 3-1 win whether you're sat in the North Stand or at home in your Norfolk armchair.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a difference it makes to confidence when we get off to a good start and grab an early lead!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was disappointed we didn't keep a clean sheet (mostly because of the betting thread) but otherwise i was very happy.
They were never going to come out at the same intensity in the 2nd half after going in 3-0 up were they?

I'm just happy seeing us win games after the last few years so i'll forgive them taking their foot off the pedal yesterday

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Sane here, a clean sheet would have equalled a hundred year plus record I believe.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:Sane here, a clean sheet would have equalled a hundred year plus record I believe.
1912  I think.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The Titanic sank the next week according to the goons commentating on Tower.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good job I could swim.

Last edited by boltonbonce on Sun Oct 30 2016, 15:13; edited 1 time in total

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Wasn't the captain of the first ship to come to the aid of Titanic from Bolton ?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:Wasn't the captain of the first ship to come to the aid of Titanic from Bolton ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Cheers bb, interesting read. 

Went to the Titanic museum in Belfast earlier this year, worth a visit, but saw nowt about the Bolton captains.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

That was good Bonce. I knew the captain of the Carpathia was from Bolton, but not the other one.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:We were awesome for 16 minutes job done, so we took our foot off the pedal, but how many fans left feeling short changed. None

Arrogant post. Did you poll people as they left?

I felt short changed as you put it, they played for 60 minutes then took their foot off the pedal. Do I get a third of my ticket price back?

If the result is all that matters why bother going, a 3-1 win is a 3-1 win whether you're sat in the North Stand or at home in your Norfolk armchair.
Not arrogant fans are usually happy if they win, reading comments on here everyone says it was a very good performance i was at the ground standing ovation at half time no bad vibes full time, hence they left happy no idea why you think i have an armchair in Norfolk.

In terms of conceding we conceded and won, we knew it had to happen good news was it happened at 3-0. so next game another clean sheet please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum