Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will we lose any loan players in Jan?

+11
Natasha Whittam
Bread2.0
Sluffy
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
NickFazer
King Bill
bryan458
Bolton Nuts
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Will we lose any loan players in Jan? Empty Will we lose any loan players in Jan? Fri Dec 30 2016, 23:54

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I go to all the games but I don't keep up that much with who's contract runs till when etc. In some cases I don't even know for certain if a player is a loaned player or a full contract player...

So, my question is, who if anyone are we likely to lose in January?

Correct my list if it is wrong but this is how I understand our squad...

Alnwick and Howard - I think we are ok /perm
Wilson - ok / perm
A Taylor ? Loan/Perm?
Wheater ok / Perm
Beevers Perm /for sale?
Spearing /Perm
Thorpe / Loan?
Clough / Perm /for sale?
Ameobi Loan ?
Vela Perm /for sale?
Madine / perm ok

C Taylor - hopefully get rid
Anderson Loan
Osede Perm ok
Henry Loan
Moxey Perm ok
Buxton ?

It would be a huge blow for us to lose Clough, Ameobi or A.Taylor, and also a blow to lose Beevers, Vela and Spearing...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Spearing's off to Newcastle in Jan - (£500k plus add-ons should they go up), done deal.

Everton have been sniffing round Clough and tabled a deal a while back but KA's confident that he can get more for him if a bidding war starts in Jan. (No idea who else is in for him but there are interested parties out there apparently.)

Beevers has attracted attention from a couple of Championship teams but their interest has been very tentative thus far and may come to nothing.

Derek is on Osasuna's radar and they may come in before the season ends with a cheeky bid if he's not getting the game time he craves. (His agent has indicated as much in the Spanish press.)

Doris is considering a job at Tesco because they offer a better break pattern to the one she currently has to endure (8 hours, one fag break, lots of shoe-shining, no perks).

Post truth - It's almost factual.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

According to the BEN we have not asked to extend loans for Ameobi or Henry.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fabians Right Peg wrote:According to the BEN we have not asked to extend loans for Ameobi or Henry.

To be more exact, we have not YET asked to extend their loans, as we are waiting until the end of their initial loan period just in case they pick up a bad injury and we can't send them back and get a replacement in during the window - or at least that is how I read it.

Story here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bread2.0 wrote:Spearing's off to Newcastle in Jan - (£500k plus add-ons should they go up), done deal.
Are You Boggers in disguise !! LOL !! no insult intended Bread  haha lol!

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I made the whole thing up and I'm sure Boggers never does that......

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Biggie wrote:I go to all the games but I don't keep up that much with who's contract runs till when etc. In some cases I don't even know for certain if a player is a loaned player or a full contract player...

So, my question is, who if anyone are we likely to lose in January?

Correct my list if it is wrong but this is how I understand our squad...

Alnwick and Howard - I think we are ok /perm
Wilson - ok / perm
A Taylor ? Loan/Perm?
Wheater ok / Perm
Beevers Perm /for sale?
Spearing /Perm
Thorpe / Loan?
Clough / Perm /for sale?
Ameobi Loan ?
Vela Perm /for sale?
Madine / perm ok

C Taylor - hopefully get rid
Anderson Loan
Osede Perm ok
Henry Loan
Moxey Perm ok
Buxton ?

It would be a huge blow for us to lose Clough, Ameobi or A.Taylor, and also a blow to lose Beevers, Vela and Spearing...

Same here Biggie, I don't tend to keep up with contracts, loan deals, etc.

Agreed, all the players you mention losing would have a big effect on our run in. I would also include Thorpe in that list too who pairs up well with JS in midfield. 

I think Parky could do with having a look at a new striker in Jan, if possible. Goals are still a problem and I don't think Madine, although he works hard, will ever prove himself even at this level.
If Parky cannot find a striker in Jan, I'd like to see Proctor given a few games to prove himself and a more central or right role for Clough, lads wasted ont left hand side.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:
If Parky cannot find a striker in Jan, I'd like to see Proctor given a few games to prove himself and a more central or right role for Clough, lads wasted ont left hand side.

Proctor has proven himself to be fooking useless, our bad spell happened when Madine was injured and Proctor had a run of games.

The problem isn't Madine, he's one of the best in the league at what he does, the problem (as has been said on another thread this morning) is that no one picks up the balls that Madine wins. Clough plays too wide.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
King Bill wrote:

Proctor has proven himself to be fooking useless, our bad spell happened when Madine was injured and Proctor had a run of games.

The problem isn't Madine, he's one of the best in the league at what he does, the problem (as has been said on another thread this morning) is that no one picks up the balls that Madine wins. Clough plays too wide.

Clough is too light weight to play central against larger centre backs, parky is getting more from him playing him wider.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

Clough is too light weight to play central against larger centre backs, parky is getting more from him playing him wider.

I don't disagree, but our lack of goals is down to not having an out-and-out striker to play with Madine.

Clough has 7 goals and 2 assists, I suspect if Billy Sharp or Rob Earnshaw was playing up top for us they'd have 15 goals and 5 assists.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

One thing our forward players seem to be unable to do is read where Madine will put the ball from a flick on and vice versa, Madine seems unable to play the ball on to the on running players consistently.

They are getting better, Vela's goal yesterday was great link up between Madine and him and you could see Madine telling him to hold off his run ready for the knock down.

Hopefully a bit more understanding and they will knock a few more in.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think we will lose at least 1, Vela or Clough, unfortunately our finances may force KA's hand if no arrangement with Deano is imminent. Parky knows what he's doing and maybe Clayton would be a decent option to play off Madine if Clough goes. If Vela goes that would be more difficult to resolve.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I get what you're saying but who the fuck is going to gamble on Clayton?

If KA pulls that one off he's a genius.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No one seems to be talking about Samizadeh. Is he still with us or has he moved on ?

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:No one seems to be talking about Samizadeh. Is he still with us or has he moved on ?

Was on work experience at chorley, still playing in the development squad, think he played the checkertrade trophy early this year.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd be surprised if he let Clough, Vela or even Clayton go in this window. Spearing is the biggest danger. If they can offload his wages I'm sure they will and that could seriously disrupt our season.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

finlaymcdanger wrote:I'd be surprised if he let Clough, Vela or even Clayton go in this window. Spearing is the biggest danger. If they can offload his wages I'm sure they will and that could seriously disrupt our season.

Think Vela is the key if we keep hold of him we should be okay, Derik could do the same role as spearing. If we lose clough or don't get ameobi back then clayton could step up.

Vela has been a revelation this year, he seems to have gained a yard of pace and covers every yard of the pitch closing down from the front, not sure who else we have who could do that as effectively.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Zach on the bench today, hopefully because he needs a break as he looked jaded on Sat and not being protected ahead of a move.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet just now from Ken Anderson's son, Lee -

For all those speaking about Sammy. Let's see how the week rolls . He wants to stay and so do we . Rafa wants him in training

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He's going back then.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum