Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There is room for manoeuvre in the transfer market, assures Parkinson

+2
Fabians Right Peg
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has left the door open for some business to be done in the January transfer window at Wanderers.

All signs pointed towards a quiet month at the Macron with a transfer embargo still in place but the club have continued to keep irons in the fire should their situation change.

Adam Le Fondre, the Cardiff City striker currently on loan at Wigan Athletic, is among the possible candidates with a strong rumour that the Latics are looking to take advantage of a break clause in his agreement.

The 30-year-old came on as a sub on Saturday in a 2-0 win against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup and would be welcomed back by the Bolton fans, who took him to their hearts during a successful loan spell in 2015.

Parkinson dampened any talk of a return for the man who scored eight goals in 16 starts for the Whites, but admitted the transfer situation could change.

“There isn’t anything happening at the moment,” he said. “It’s still a numbers game. There are players we can get but unfortunately we’re limited to a certain number.

“Hopefully there will be none out, because we want to keep all the players, and we haven’t had any enquiries. The chairman has been strong on that one.

“By the end of the window we will hopefully move things around. There is a little bit of room for manoeuvre. We have got to make some skilled decisions between myself and the board. The most important thing is we don’t want to lose any of our best young players.”

Source

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:
“The most important thing is we don’t want to lose any of our best young players.”

Source

Wonder if that covers Spearing ?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
karlypants wrote:
“The most important thing is we don’t want to lose any of our best young players.”

Source

Wonder if that covers Spearing ?

If selling Spearing is imposed on him based on having to cut wages there is nothing he can do about it. We'll all just have to live with it. If Parkinson decides he can live without Spearing and is happy to let him move on then so be it. I'm happy to back his decisions at this point. It is a long time since I have mustered up any kind of trust in the decision making of our manager.
I'll bet Spearing has suitors this month. Mid-table Championship teams will be looking at him in hopes of pushing for a play-off spot.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing is our best player, critical in our push for promotion. Sell him and they can plan for another season in League 1.

I'd sell Clough, Vela and Beevers before Spearing.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Spearing is our best player, critical in our push for promotion. Sell him and they can plan for another season in League 1.

I'd sell Clough, Vela and Beevers before Spearing.

Do you think he's more effective in this league because he spends more games watching the ball sail over his head?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:

Do you think he's more effective in this league because he spends more games watching the ball sail over his head?

He's been our best player, fook off back to your armchair.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

would put Beevers and vela ahead of spearing, clough would be the one to go if I had a choice.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Fabians Right Peg wrote:would put Beevers and vela ahead of spearing, clough would be the one to go if I had a choice.

KA stated previously he won't accept bids less than £10m for Clough. I would imagine in the cold light of the transfer window he would take offers in the region of £5m for any of the above.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a way, it'll be exciting if nothing happens but I reckon it will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum