Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slow down i want to get off.

+5
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Slow down i want to get off. Empty Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 12:17

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Why are sunday's coming round faster, i dont hold with the getting older shit that cant be it. Time seems to be whizzing by,i feel like im on an old fashioned park roundabout thats going much to fast and i'd rather get off and watch it go round. Time is supposed to go faster when you get to 40 i dont see why it should feel like that,but it does thats for sure but its not possible so what is it thats happening.Loads of people my age say it is but young uns think the week drags on. Is it a psychological thing? I see old folk in thier bungalows sitting there with fuck all to do just listening to the clock tick and they say wait till you get to sixty its a blur what!!!! how can it be a blur sitting in an armchair for years.If you are over 40 in prison does it fly by? I read a saying that said have your first child and you can see your tombstone.

2Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 12:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They do say that life begins at forty. I am only 53 but people call me middle-aged. How many 106 year old men do you know ?

3Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 13:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:They do say that life begins at forty. I am only 53 but people call me middle-aged. How many 106 year old men do you know ?
middle age is 35.

4Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 13:33

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The oldest person i knew was 109 he was deaf -nearly blind, they dressed him in a suit and tie for meals at his house.He had live in carers as he outlived his kids,to see him at the breakfast table dressed up was bizzare.

5Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 15:50

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've always kind of seen it like this.

1-18 - chlldhood
18-29 - young person
30-39 - pre-middle aged
40-59 - middle aged
60+ - old age

I think the 30s are strange years because you're neither young nor middle aged.

6Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 16:05

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I see this way LH.
1-25- Twats
25-35-Just Right Fun time
35-45-Mature and Sensible
45-75-Angry-Dissilusioned
75+Dead man walking

7Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 16:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:I see this way LH.
45-75-Angry-Dissilusioned
75+Dead man walking

Ha, ha, 30 years of anger and disillusionment followed by imminent death. That prospect warms the cockles of my heart.

8Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 16:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm 27 and i feel my best days are long long gone.

From the age of about 14 - 23 i had an absolute blast. The last three years of high school, college and uni were great fun. Not a care in the world.

Quite honestly there isn't a single thing that generates the kind of "buzz" i used to get in those days now.

Maybe i should turn to drugs?

9Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 16:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

From the age of about 14 - 23 i had an absolute blast. The last three years of high school, college and uni were great fun. Not a care in the world.

Sounds like a thread waiting to happen. Did it involve upsetting the people of Coventry?

10Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 16:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nah i won't overshare on a football forum.

Just in general terms those were the best years of my life.

11Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 17:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are in danger of getting old before your time HN. I'm well into the Angry-disillusioned group but party as if I've no intention of reaching the DMW set. What's the point of living if you don't have a good time? No f***** up antiquated culture is going to stop me making a t*** of myself and I stopped worrying about what people think of me years ago because I can't do better than my best. You can't control the crap that life throws at you, but you can control how you react to it. It's all a state of mind.

12Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 17:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Nobody wants to get old. I certainly didn't. But, although you get more aches and pains, now that I am retired I am probably happier than at any time in my life.

Surveys show that older people tend to be happier than young people. And married men live longer than single men. And moderate drinkers live longer than abstainers.

13Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 20:45

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

xmiles wrote:Nobody wants to get old. I certainly didn't. But, although you get more aches and pains, now that I am retired I am probably happier than at any time in my life.

Surveys show that older people tend to be happier than young people. And married men live longer than single men. And moderate drinkers live longer than abstainers.
They reckon its really healthy to let the anger out and swear as much as you want.I'm just going to give that fucker next door a piece of my mind. His wife sunbathes topless and he puts a windbreak up so i cant see her tits the selfish bastard.

14Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 21:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm 27 and i feel my best days are long long gone.

Quite honestly there isn't a single thing that generates the kind of "buzz" i used to get in those days now.

Maybe i should turn to drugs?

Drugs are not the answer. Going off your posts I had you down as older than 27.

I didn't get married till I was 28 but I didn't lose my virginity till I was 22. Once I realised that my cock wasn't just designed for peeing out of I had a ball for five years until I met my wife.

15Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 21:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I subscribe to the Woody Allen view of life.

It's absolutely awful, so best to just distract yourself from the terrible terrible reality.

16Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 21:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I subscribe to the Woody Allen view of life.

It's absolutely awful, so best to just distract yourself from the terrible terrible reality.

Do you post as Campo on another forum ?

17Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 21:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope i don't post on any other forums but this one.

18Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are clearly in a melancholy mood tonight. Life is amazing. I don't trust Woody Allen, he comes across as a brothel creeper. Set your sights a bit higher. Keith Floyd might be a better choice of role model.

19Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Woody Allen is a hero of mine.

This is a fantastic interview with him, most of which i agree with.

20Slow down i want to get off. Empty Re: Slow down i want to get off. Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm kind of with Hipster. Thomas Hobbes, the 17th century English philosopher, said that "Life is nasty, brutish and short". Having said that, life expectancy was a lot shorter then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum