Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Study of Dish Washing Practices

+3
xmiles
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Study of Dish Washing Practices Empty A Study of Dish Washing Practices Thu Jan 12 2017, 18:20

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Recently, the McDanger's had the incredible misfortune of a very loud clanking sound coming from the dishwasher before it eventually shuddered to a complete halt. This displeased Mrs McDanger greatly. It didn't bother me much because I quite enjoy doing them by hand and if I stare out of the kitchen window long enough I'll see the occasional gray squirrel going about its business.

Well, one evening as I stood washing the plates in a counter-clockwise direction, Mrs McDanger, visibly irritated by my insistence that she dry them with a tea towel instead of letting them air dry, muttered 'why don't you wash the dishes the normal way?'. Now I was aggravated too.

Do you consider McMethod 1 or 2 to be the most effective?

McMethod 1: Start with a dry sink, the water running at a trickle. Soap and wash each dish and rinse it before stacking and moving onto the next one. Be mindful of saving water by remembering to occasionally turn off the tap.

McMethod 2: Fill up the sink with hot water and soap. Add all the dishes to the water, wash and stack on the side. Refill the sink with water, put all the clean dishes back into the water, rinse, and stack.

So, being the intrepid reporter that I am, I have decided to take advantage of the quiet week ahead on Nuts to discover even more ways or combinations of washing dishes that we have not yet discussed.

I would now like to open the conversation to my fellow Nutters...

2A Study of Dish Washing Practices Empty Re: A Study of Dish Washing Practices Thu Jan 12 2017, 18:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has to be number 2 only a real weirdo would wash one at a time

3A Study of Dish Washing Practices Empty Re: A Study of Dish Washing Practices Thu Jan 12 2017, 18:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Has to be number 2 only a real weirdo would wash one at a time

:agree:

4A Study of Dish Washing Practices Empty Re: A Study of Dish Washing Practices Thu Jan 12 2017, 19:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fill the sink with hot water,and say,"I'll put the pots in to soak".

I'll then leave them until someone else sorts it out. Easy.

5A Study of Dish Washing Practices Empty Re: A Study of Dish Washing Practices Thu Jan 12 2017, 19:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Method 3 & 4 for me.

6A Study of Dish Washing Practices Empty Re: A Study of Dish Washing Practices Thu Jan 12 2017, 19:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never had a dish washer.  Rinse then pots before hand to get them semi clean, then fill the sink up and wash them all.

7A Study of Dish Washing Practices Empty Re: A Study of Dish Washing Practices Thu Jan 12 2017, 21:34

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cut down on washing up and use paper plates and cups. Plastic knives and forks help as well but it can get rather expensive. 
However this leaves me with more time to pursue my love of stamp collecting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum