Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kodi

+5
whatsgoingon
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Bwfc1958
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kodi Empty Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 12:26

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Anybody on here use Kodi?

If so, use this thread to post good builds and add ons etc that are working well.

2Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 12:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HyperTT is the one I use.Comes with everything you would need including EPG and nice easy to use menu.

http://www.toptutorials.co.uk/

3Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 13:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only use it for exodus, great for movies and tv shows

4Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 15:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yeah, use it on my Raspberry Pi all the time.

5Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 15:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I only use it for exodus, great for movies and tv shows
Top tutorials do a build for fire stick that has lots more to offer than just exodus with all ranges of viewing content such as classic comedy and cartoon shows for the kids via Phoenix and others.

You should have a look at it. It's very easy to install.

Aside from Kodi there is an app called mobdro (not sure if you pay for $ky or not) that can be installed on android boxes and fire stick that has live channels for free such as all the sky movie channels, UK Gold, USA HBO channels, Discovery, sky and BT sports etc.

Ok they are not super duper full HD quality but certainly watchable and free.

6Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 15:55

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:Anybody on here use Kodi?

If so, use this thread to post good builds and add ons etc that are working well.
I use it via a firestick and it's great, I use it for box sets and movies and it's very reliable but it's a bit more hit and miss for streaming live sport.
I also primarily use Exodus and the best results I've had on Live Sport are via gem tv

7Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

I use it via a firestick and it's great, I use it for box sets and movies and it's very reliable but it's a bit more hit and miss for streaming live sport.
I also primarily use Exodus and the best results I've had on Live Sport are via gem tv
Have you tried Mobdro for live UK sport channels?

It's normally fine for me.

8Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Link to Mobdro is here if anyone wants it...

https://www.mobdro.com/

9Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:09

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

I'll find it and give it a go cheers, does it get 3 o'clock prem kick offs

10Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:11

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I'm running the pulse build at the minute on 16.1. I was going to try Kodi 17 but by all accounts it's not great yet and it's best to not update. As well as Exodus, Specto seems to be working well. Zem seems to be the best addon for football (which is what I assume you meant WGO) but I find it difficult to stream live tv without buffering, which I presume is something to do with the firestick or unstable streams rather than an internet speed problem.

11Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
karlypants wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

It has some although it has the actual UK sport channels, BT Sports 1&2 along with the Sky Sports channels along with other channels such as Discovery, UK Gold, ITV Encore, Hustler & Playboy channels plus tons more as previously said above.

I think It's Astro Sport 3 (Malaysia) that has Premier league 3PM channels. I think this channel is on Mobdro.

I use an add-on on my android box through Kodi for this channel as well although will have to look on it for you as I can't remember off the top of my head.

The Kodi build I have mentioned above is the best one I have come across and it has everything you need and the installation really is a breeze and takes just a few minutes to sort out and updates itself regularly and the menu system is really nice and simple to use.

12Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:19

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

whatsgoingon wrote:
karlypants wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

I had mobdro on the firestick but it was shit. Bad quality and loads of buffering and no, you can't get 3pm kick offs. You can only watch whatever is on TV. I found it was much better on my phone than the firestick.

13Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:I'm running the pulse build at the minute on 16.1. I was going to try Kodi 17 but by all accounts it's not great yet and it's best to not update. As well as Exodus, Specto seems to be working well. Zem seems to be the best addon for football (which is what I assume you meant WGO) but I find it difficult to stream live tv without buffering, which I presume is something to do with the firestick or unstable streams rather than an internet speed problem.
I find that Firestick isn't very good for Kodi & other apps compared to an Android box you can pick up for aroud 20 quid delivered without import duty via Yodel from Gearbest in China.

There are some downsides to these cheap boxes with wifi sometimes being hit and miss due to the shitty aerial that is built inside not being adequate but ethernet runs at full speed and not so long back I purchased a Nexbox A95x that has 2GB RAM (minimum I would recommend and the Firestick only has 1GB!) along with 16GB of storage space and microSD card slot for extra space and it is fully customizable with a full Android operating system on it.

This box even supports 4K TV's!

Unless i'm missing the point of the firestick but unless you have the Amazon TV part then these are pointless, are they not (apart from sideloading apps)?

14Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
karlypants wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

I had mobdro on the firestick but it was shit. Bad quality and loads of buffering and no, you can't get 3pm kick offs. You can only watch whatever is on TV. I found it was much better on my phone than the firestick.
The specification of the Firestick is inadequate for these add-ons.

This is the HyperTT build guys:

15Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:52

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I have no problem with the firestick other than live tv streaming. All add ons and builds work fine. I only use it for Kodi, Netflix and casting stuff from my phone. How will an android box make a difference for me? Is the live streaming any better?

16Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Thu Jan 19 2017, 00:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always found live tv to be poor.  Great for movies and tv shows, I have the beast build.  For live tv I find the openbox v8 to be great!  Not kodi but gets you all the sky channels, box office & everything else for about £30 for the box and £10 for 1 years subscription

17Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Thu Jan 19 2017, 10:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I should turn you all in

18Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Thu Jan 19 2017, 11:19

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I also have it on a firestick. Brilliant for watching films\series. If you want to watch a live match im finding it better to watch it either in SD or on a foreign channel. I watched the scum scouse game on some Canadian Chanel, perfectly watchable with no buffering and all the commentators\pundits are brits anyhow.

My mate who is a total geek reckons its a question of how many people are watching at once which slows the server down, hence why I have watched Bolton's away games in HD with no buffering at all....

19Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Thu Jan 19 2017, 11:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My brother in law is always trying to set me up with a firestick with one of these programs on but i don't think i have the time to watch it all that much. He did sort my out with a great deal with Sky for an upgrade and the sports that i didn't have before so that's enough for me i reckon

20Kodi Empty Re: Kodi Thu Jan 19 2017, 13:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum