Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Is it wrong to spend over £30 on a pen?

Is it wrong to spend over £30 on a pen?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is it wrong to spend over £30 on a pen? Empty Is it wrong to spend over £30 on a pen? on Sun Jan 29 2017, 22:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
All I ever use one for is to sign my name,or fill out a bookies slip,yet I still feel the need to buy a decent one.
I can get a packet of ten at the pound shop,and I'm sure they'd do a good enough job.
Anyone else overspend on the simple things? 
I'm a bugger for watches too.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If you're using your pen to write out winning betting slips wirth more than £30 then sure it's worth it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:If you're using your pen to write out winning betting slips wirth more than £30 then sure it's worth it.
The council gave me an extra bin for my betting slips. Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
For free? Bargain Smile

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I would never spend £30 on a pen but if you can afford it why not?

I do have a problem with people spending thousands of pounds on expensive watches however. That just looks like showing off.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
You'll have a problem with me X. I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events. Folk spend their money as they wish. 
Furthermore I bought a Parker fountain pen and biro set many years ago and still have them today and use regularly.
So go ahead bonce and spend your money as you wish, it has fuck all to do with anybody else except you and more importantly, your Mrs!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Soul Kitchen wrote:I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events.

When you became Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Soul Kitchen wrote:I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events.

When you became Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan?
Yeh. And your point is?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Soul Kitchen wrote:You'll have a problem with me X. I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events. Folk spend their money as they wish. 
Furthermore I bought a Parker fountain pen and biro set many years ago and still have them today and use regularly.
So go ahead bonce and spend your money as you wish, it has fuck all to do with anybody else except you and more importantly, your Mrs!
I just wish I used my pens more often. The keyboard rules these days.

I'm told I should spend more on clothes. Apparently,I'm a scruffbag.

My brother grabs a handful of pens when he goes to Ladbrokes,and they last him for the year.

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If you buy or are bought a quality pen or watch for a lot of money then in theory at least it should last for years and ultimately represent value for money. I never use a fountain pen these days but I've got several good 'uns that I've been given over the years stuck away in a drawer so I'll never need to buy one again and will probably pass them on to the kids who will look at them as they would any other antique i.e. why the hell would I need that?

I have a CYMA watch that my granddad bought and it works great (motion powered) but I never wear it as I have a modern one that a girlfriend bought me. Still it's quality and I know it's there even if nobody else appreciates it.

The downside of buying quality items of this nature is that they either outgrow their fashionability or that they are lost/broken before you get the use out of them. I once had a Cartier lighter, a Raymond Weil watch and other fancy stuff that people gave me but not a clue where they are nowadays.

Your brother has a point unless you are trying to make a fashion statement. Personally I prefer gel pens.

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Have to say I'd never heard of Cyma watches so I googled. Very nice and clean faces on the watches, none of these with fifteen hands on.
Some of the older ones look great, as indeed do other makes older watches. These days they have to tell you when you need to fart!
I wonder if Micky Mouse would wear a Don Trump watch?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Soul Kitchen wrote:You'll have a problem with me X. I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events. Folk spend their money as they wish. 
Furthermore I bought a Parker fountain pen and biro set many years ago and still have them today and use regularly.
So go ahead bonce and spend your money as you wish, it has fuck all to do with anybody else except you and more importantly, your Mrs!


I'm told I should spend more on clothes. Apparently,I'm a scruffbag.

Take a walk down Dean Road at about four thirty when the Uni and College let's loose, there's a good few hundred there that could define scruff bag!?!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I see my dress sense as 'relaxed/casual'.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
A lad at my work buys aftershave at £200+ per 30ml bottle.

And yes that does annoy me, not least because he still smells like shit.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@boltonbonce wrote:I see my dress sense as 'relaxed/casual'.
Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@doffcocker wrote:A lad at my work buys aftershave at £200+ per 30ml bottle.

And yes that does annoy me, not least because he still smells like shit.

Imperial Leather is as good as owt on the market!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't beat the smell of Pears soap. Although it used to excite the dog.

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
My mate spent over 4 grand on a watch! I just don't understand it. What good does it do? Its not a car. It simply tells the time. It's not like it has lasted any longer than my £15 Argos watch - in fact my Argos watch is still working fine after about 4 years - his watch has been sent for a £300 repair last year. To me it is madness.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Yes especially if you lose them like I do, but not if you get given them. I keep a pen in the car a waterman expert that someone gave me don't know what she paid but it's just a fucking pen a cheap biro to me works a well but I dare not lose it. As for watches I alway's liked Longines until I was given a Breightling and I love it, it gets envious looks all the time now I collect them I have three and no chance of them gettin stolen. Every time I sell my house I buy one.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Biggie wrote:My mate spent over 4 grand on a watch! I just don't understand it. What good does it do? Its not a car. It simply tells the time. It's not like it has lasted any longer than my £15 Argos watch - in fact my Argos watch is still working fine after about 4 years - his watch has been sent for a £300 repair last year. To me it is madness.
Is the watch a Tag? 

There's a bit of a scam going on when they go in for an authorised m.o.t and battery replacement.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Most expensive pen I have had is a Parker at high school that cost about 8 quid.

I now use a bic branded one that I got in a pack of 6 of different coulours from Lidl that cost about 2 quid. Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@boltonbonce wrote:Can't beat the smell of Pears soap. Although it used to excite the dog.
I love the smell of Wrights Coal Tar soap. You know you've had a wash with that stuff.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Biggie wrote:My mate spent over 4 grand on a watch! I just don't understand it. What good does it do? Its not a car. It simply tells the time. It's not like it has lasted any longer than my £15 Argos watch - in fact my Argos watch is still working fine after about 4 years - his watch has been sent for a £300 repair last year. To me it is madness.
It's a man thing!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I have a BWFC branded Parker pen for work.  It's great, for some reason no one tries to steal it

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
That's novel, a pen with built in security.

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
@karlypants wrote:
@Biggie wrote:My mate spent over 4 grand on a watch! I just don't understand it. What good does it do? Its not a car. It simply tells the time. It's not like it has lasted any longer than my £15 Argos watch - in fact my Argos watch is still working fine after about 4 years - his watch has been sent for a £300 repair last year. To me it is madness.
Is the watch a Tag? 

There's a bit of a scam going on when they go in for an authorised m.o.t and battery replacement.

I've no idea to be honest what it is.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've lost my pen. :facepalm:

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:I've lost my pen. :facepalm:
Penis wherever you left it, presumably.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum