You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Ticket Fiasco

Ticket Fiasco

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ticket Fiasco Empty Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 14:03

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
So I went online this morning and managed to get my Fleetwood tickets, allocation of about 1000 sold out in 50 mins. I was thinking about the Sheffield away match, but decided not to do anything as we had an allocation of 4000 and the youngest had a party so I would be going on my todd.

Just found out that Sheffield have taken back half the allocation and the game is now a sell out, didn't know they could do that and to reduce our allocation suggests they don't want a large Bolton contingent cheering on a team challenging for the top.

all seems a bit unfair and pathetic to me by Sheffield.

2Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 14:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Tweet from Lee Anderson (Ken's son) -

Please note I can do nothing about tickets for sheff utd game . They recalled them not bwfc.

3Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 18:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hardly a fiasco.

No way would we have sold 4,000 tickets, makes more financial sense to reduce our allocation and sell the rest to home fans who will turn up.

4Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 19:38

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Apparently on advice from the Bobbies. Don't want those nasty Lancashire lads interfering with their little angels. Still a few thousand travelling so should be a good atmosphere.

5Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 20:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hardly a fiasco.

No way would we have sold 4,000 tickets, makes more financial sense to reduce our allocation and sell the rest to home fans who will turn up.

Sheff United's record attendance this season is 25,821, nearly 7,000 short of full capacity.

So what the hell are you going on about?

6Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 20:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sheff United's record attendance this season is 25,821, nearly 7,000 short of full capacity.

So what the hell are you going on about?

It's due to segregation you plonker.

7Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 20:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sheff United's record attendance this season is 25,821, nearly 7,000 short of full capacity.

So what the hell are you going on about?

It's due to segregation you plonker.

That doesn't answer my question.

If we sell 4,000 tickets, chances are that won't result in some Sheffield geezer missing out.

8Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 20:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

That doesn't answer my question.

If we sell 4,000 tickets, chances are that won't result in some Sheffield geezer missing out.

I'm afraid you're wrong. Again. You should get that on a t-shirt.

4,000 away fans needs more empty seating for segregation.

But don't listen to me, just go on the SU website.

9Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

That doesn't answer my question.

If we sell 4,000 tickets, chances are that won't result in some Sheffield geezer missing out.

I'm afraid you're wrong. Again. You should get that on a t-shirt.

4,000 away fans needs more empty seating for segregation.

But don't listen to me, just go on the SU website.

I'm sure it says all kinds of crap on the SU website. Doesn't mean it makes any logical sense.

It's highly unlikely that Sheff United will sell enough tickets for safe segregation not to be possible even with 4,000 Bolton fans there.

I know you agree, you're just being a penis.

10Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

That doesn't answer my question.

If we sell 4,000 tickets, chances are that won't result in some Sheffield geezer missing out.

I'm afraid you're wrong. Again. You should get that on a t-shirt.

4,000 away fans needs more empty seating for segregation.

But don't listen to me, just go on the SU website.

I'm sure it says all kinds of crap on the SU website. Doesn't mean it makes any logical sense.

It's highly unlikely that Sheff United will sell enough tickets for safe segregation not to be possible even with 4,000 Bolton fans there.

I know you agree, you're just being a penis.
This isn't the penis thread. It's the thread above.

11Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm sure it says all kinds of crap on the SU website. Doesn't mean it makes any logical sense.

It's highly unlikely that Sheff United will sell enough tickets for safe segregation not to be possible even with 4,000 Bolton fans there.

I know you agree, you're just being a penis.

Ha ha, you mean you just spent half an hour on the SU website, realised I was right, and couldn't decide whether to retreat for a fortnight (like normal) or try and front it out.

You lose.

12Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm sure it says all kinds of crap on the SU website. Doesn't mean it makes any logical sense.

It's highly unlikely that Sheff United will sell enough tickets for safe segregation not to be possible even with 4,000 Bolton fans there.

I know you agree, you're just being a penis.

Ha ha, you mean you just spent half an hour on the SU website, realised I was right, and couldn't decide whether to retreat for a fortnight (like normal) or try and front it out.

You lose.

Don't go thinking that I "retreat" for long periods at a time because I can't kick your arse in an argument whenever the hell I want.

Some of us actually have a career, rather than a made up business.

13Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
How very rude. Nat has a carer too.

14Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Career.

15Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Some of us actually have a career, rather than a made up business.

Come on then, regale us with tales of your "career".

16Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Some of us actually have a career, rather than a made up business.

Come on then, regale us with tales of your "career".

I work in Stockport as a Purchase Ledger Clerk. And not for Asda either.

17Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I work in Stockport as a Purchase Ledger Clerk. And not for Asda either.

I used to be a Credit Controller. We used to mock Purchase Ledger Clerks. The action was in chasing money, not sending it out.

18Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Mon Feb 20 2017, 21:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

19Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 08:38

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
It's probably more to do with the fact that everyone has done nothing but tell the world how much our soft arse players are intimidated by a bit of an atmosphere and will try and make it the same at Bramall Lane.

20Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 11:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hardly a fiasco.

No way would we have sold 4,000 tickets, makes more financial sense to reduce our allocation and sell the rest to home fans who will turn up.

Poppycock. We had 4,000 tickets for Bradford and we would have most certainly sold 4,000 for Sheffield had they not reduced our ticket allocation.
I was under the impression we were getting 4,000 tickets for Sheffield but luckily I got mine from the ticket office after the Rochdale game.

21Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 12:32

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't understand how the income received from an additional 2000 people (roughly £50 grand) plus the money they spend on food and drink doesn't more than cover the additional cost of policing.

Especially when the total costs for policing an entire season for the entire crowd in League 1 is less than £250k per club.

Clearly this was not done for economic reasons and given the fact that isn't a history of particularly nasty violence between the two clubs and neither set of fans have kicked off elsewhere this season, it's hard to see it is being done for security reasons either.

Something isn't right here.

22Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 13:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Who gets the most revenue from the ticket sales ?

23Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 15:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Poppycock. We had 4,000 tickets for Bradford

And sold just under 2,500. Which is the point.

24Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 17:50

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Poppycock. We had 4,000 tickets for Bradford

And sold just under 2,500. Which is the point.
If that's the case it's understandable, although 2000 does seem a bit tight.

25Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 20:55

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Poppycock. We had 4,000 tickets for Bradford

And sold just under 2,500. Which is the point.

Seems to miss the point that Sheffield allocated the tickets then took them back, why allocate them in the first place?

26Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 20:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Seems to miss the point that Sheffield allocated the tickets then took them back, why allocate them in the first place?

They originally thought we could sell them, then saw the turnout at Bradford?

27Ticket Fiasco Empty Re: Ticket Fiasco on Tue Feb 21 2017, 21:17

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Seems to miss the point that Sheffield allocated the tickets then took them back, why allocate them in the first place?

They originally thought we could sell them, then saw the turnout at Bradford?

If you believe what has been posted elsewhere, they are talking about putting Sheffield fans below the Bolton fans, hardly effective segregation.

Plus we would likely have sold minimum the same as Bradford, would have expected a few more given it's a top of the table clash.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum