Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Bolton - Match Report Post 49

+16
Hip Priest
gloswhite
karlypants
wessy
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Jack Russell
King Bill
NickFazer
MartinBWFC
Fabians Right Peg
rammywhite
okocha
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't like Yorkshire folk. They all smell of cabbage.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

1:39pm
Reports of the Wanderers coach being egged on its way in. All the debris seemed to be concentrated on one particular player's window.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I don't like Yorkshire folk. They all smell of cabbage.

Yorkshire born,
Yorkshire bred,
Strong in arm,
Thick in head.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles just now -

Gary Madine's absence being blamed on illness, according to those on the touchline...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:it was me, Madine was stood next to Trotter who ducked when i tried to throw my piss filled plastic bottle at him  Very Happy

I hope it wasn't an NHS bedpan, you really shouldn't being your work home.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Iles just now -

Gary Madine's absence being blamed on illness, according to those on the touchline...

Is being shit in front of goal really an illness?

If it is I fear we have an epidemic at Bolton.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have to bring them home, not enough hours in the day and me having to do the work of 3 now

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had Madine down for first scorer. The pea brained pillock.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Sheffield United 2-0 Bolton

OVERVIEW

A Billy Sharp brace ensured that Wanderers slipped to defeat against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on Saturday afternoon.

A goal in each half from the frontman reinforced the Blades’ position at the top of the table, in turn condemning the Whites to a first defeat in February.

TEAM NEWS

Phil Parkinson made three changes from the side that battled back to earn a point at Bradford City last weekend as Bolton Wanderers crossed the Pennines once again for this top of the table clash at Bramall Lane.

Ben Alnwick, Gary Madine and Liam Trotter all made way for Mark Howard, Conor Wilkinson and James Henry, who was rewarded for his impact from the bench at Valley Parade. 

FIRST HALF

Wanderers, backed by a 2,200 strong travelling support, commenced with the 3-5-2 formation which has served them well in recent weeks.

After a relatively quiet opening spell, the Blades won a corner which lifted the atmosphere when Jake Wright’s deflected shot went for a corner. James Hanson’s follow-up from the set-piece was subsequently cleared off the line.

James Henry had Wanderers’ first on target moment later but his effort from distance didn’t cause Simon Moore any trouble.

But Billy Sharp opened the scoring on 13 minutes with a tidy finish past Mark Howard after Mark Beevers was caught off balance in his attempt to snuff out John Fleck’s pass.

The Scottish midfielder found his name in referee Mike Dean’s note book for a late challenge on Tom Thorpe which left the Wanderers midfielder pole-axed.

Henry’s free-kick moments later went straight in the Sheffield United wall as Wanderers tried to get back into the game before the break.

Thorpe failed to recover sufficiently from his earlier knock and was substituted for Dervite with two minutes of the half remaining. Derik moved into midfield as a consequence.

SECOND HALF

The hosts were well on top during the opening stages of the second-half winning a series of corners with Wanderers finding it difficult to regain the tempo they had displayed towards the latter stages of the opening 45 minutes.

Sharp should have made it two nil just after the hour mark but Howard kept firm and blocked the striker’s effort.

Parkinson made his second change with Long coming on for Le Fondre just after the hour mark.

Max Clayton was the final substitute when he replaced Wilkinson shortly after.

The Blades were still well on top and were pressing constantly to extend their lead with Sharp a constant menace for the Wanderers backline.

With twenty minutes remaining, Sharp doubled his tally from the spot after Beevers had upended substitute Carruthers. The front man sent Howard the wrong way to reinforce the Blades’ advantage.

Wanderers seldom troubled Moore in the Blades goal and will now turn their attentions to back-to-back home games against Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon to get their promotion charge back on track.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Iles just now -

Verbal diarrhoea. What an idiot.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not long back, in short we were shit, wtf Parkinson was thinking in playing Wilkinson I don't know, he's terrible, having said that we were never in the game, Parkinson is far too cautious bring in Gary Rowett in pre season, we aint going up.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Goals here -

I think their penalty was probably the correct decision.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Not long back, in short we were shit, wtf Parkinson was thinking in playing Wilkinson I don't know, he's terrible, having said that we were never in the game, Parkinson is far too cautious bring in Gary Rowett in pre season, we aint going up.
Rowett will get better offers than us.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Really glad I didn't get a ticket now. Don't have any faith in Parky whatsoever, never really have had any to be honest. The selection of Conor Wilkinson today,I mean, WTF was that about. He is absolutely abysmal. Just knew this was going to be an easy 3 pts for Sheff Utd before we even kicked off. I suspect most people felt the same. Just hope we can hang on for a place in the playoffs.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Not long back, in short we were shit, wtf Parkinson was thinking in playing Wilkinson I don't know, he's terrible, having said that we were never in the game, Parkinson is far too cautious bring in Gary Rowett in pre season, we aint going up.
Rowett will get better offers than us.
Not got a job, maybe a lower Championship, but if we offer him early on, he'd be up for it maybe

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hip Priest wrote:Really glad I didn't get a ticket now. Don't have any faith in Parky whatsoever, never really have had any to be honest. The selection of Conor Wilkinson today,I mean, WTF was that about. He is absolutely abysmal. Just knew this was going to be an easy 3 pts for Sheff Utd before we even kicked off. I suspect most people felt the same. Just hope we can hang on for a place in the playoffs.
Agree wholeheartedly re Parkinson, he is Dougie Freedman MK2, we are going nowhere with him, even playoffs will offer nothing, he just doesn't instill any confidence, I have said it on another forum and stand by it, if we don't go up this season we stand a chance of being next seasons Coventry.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Hip Priest wrote:Really glad I didn't get a ticket now. Don't have any faith in Parky whatsoever, never really have had any to be honest. The selection of Conor Wilkinson today,I mean, WTF was that about. He is absolutely abysmal. Just knew this was going to be an easy 3 pts for Sheff Utd before we even kicked off. I suspect most people felt the same. Just hope we can hang on for a place in the playoffs.
Agree wholeheartedly re Parkinson, he is Dougie Freedman MK2, we are going nowhere with him, even playoffs will offer nothing, he just doesn't instill any confidence, I have said it on another forum and stand by it, if we don't go up this season we stand a chance of being next seasons Coventry.

You're allowed to say Wanderers Ways on here.

We all know other BWFC forums exist even if some of them out there continue to pretend that Nuts doesn't!

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

We all know other BWFC forums exist even if some of them out there continue to pretend that Nuts doesn't!
Wouldn't disrespect our forum by doing so. Not going to give them airtime on here.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Wouldn't disrespect our forum by doing so. Not going to give them airtime on here.

I don't see it being disrespectful, I see it as being grown up and mature about things.

I simply can't understand why grown men on other forums, still to this day, go out of their way at times to make out that Nuts does not exist?

Christ, we have been going for a few years now and are just a smidgen short of having a third of a million posts on here.

We have been in existence longer than the Lion of Vienna site and had more posts than Burnden Aces had before they pulled the plug on their forum, yet mention of these two sites are fairly common on Wanderers Ways and The Wanderer, whilst talk of Nuts is conspicuous by its absence!

What could  they possibly think they gain from 'protecting' their members eyes and ears from the sight or even sound of us?

Christ anyone with half a brain cell would have found that we existed by now!

If there actually are someone or other who hasn't the spark to have found out we exist, then we would want such dullards on here anyway.  If their whole football forum world stops at the boundary of ww or tw, then please stay there because you most have become blind to the outside world by now and blind to any other views and opinions that exist beyond your 'home' site.

I have always looked far beyond Nuts (or whatever forum I was on at the time) to better inform myself of what is going on at the club, and bring this back and share the information with others often and frequently.

Furthermore I always state where the information has come from and often provide a link to the original information.

This honesty and openness to others I feel makes us a much more informed and consequently a much better forum than those who simply 'control' what their members are allowed to hear from 'other' forums such as Nuts!

Almost as though they are afraid of us or something!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be interesting to find out the truth about what happened to Madine but it seems clear that Wilko had been picked as back up "target man" and as such was the obvious (to Parky) choice to stand in. After all he's a big lad and Parky believes we need someone to hoof it to.

SUFC are a better team than us and whilst we can get away with trying to play off a target man with many L1 sides, the better ones will suss us out. 

Parky may argue that Samizadeh "isn't ready" despite banging them in for the development team every week but surely he can see that Madine is too obvious and Wilko will never be ready. Moreover, when will he see that his style of play won't get us promoted? Because if Samizadeh is ever going to get a chance there's no point in sticking him out on the wing - he needs to be around the box and that means sacking off the target man and playing football on the ground. He's not a big lad but he can score - like ALF only quicker. 

Losing to the best team in the League at their ground isn't the biggest disaster in the world and we should bounce back and continue fighting for promotion but as OC would have said, "we need to take the positives from this game". 

And I'm positive we need to change the system and selection in order to make the most of our best assets. 

I'm not positive Parky can handle change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum