Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Letter: Whites are the great pretenders

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton are the great pretenders – pretending that we're doing well when we're not.

Pretending to the fans we belong in the Championship – we do not – and pretending we are good enough to finish at least in the top six of League One.

After seeing the last 83 minutes of last Tuesday's display against Bristol Rovers there is not a chance.

We were rubbish and that in itself is a total understatement. I have seen better displays of football on the playing fields of Blackrod and Horwich.

It is not Phil Parkinson who lacks ability or commitment, nor is it Ken Anderson's fault money is in short supply.

Neither are we paying peanuts and getting monkeys.

Most, if not all, of Bolton's first-team squad are seriously overpaid in relation to their fitness and ability shown in recent matches.

On Tuesday, almost without exception, our players were an embarrassment to watch.

On Saturday, my money was on the consolation prize. I was backing AFC Wimbledon to beat us and Chorley FC to beat Stockport County.

With all due respect to Chorley FC, we could be playing in the same league in a couple of years' time.

I am not often right gambling-wise so let's hope BWFC can now prove me wrong again and rise above the present abyss.

Tony Ambrose

Blackrod

Source

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I understand most of the sentiments expressed but after two thirds of the season you are where you deserve to be in the table. We were very poor against Bristol Rovers, away at Sheffield United and for an hour against Bradford but we have also played well in some games especially at home. We are at the sharp end now and will find out in the next few games if we are genuine contenders or not.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never knew Nat was a bloke called Tony

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I never knew Nat was a bloke called Tony

Do I strike you as a "Tony"?

Sponsored content