Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson urges players to "be a hero" in final 12 games of the season

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson wants his Wanderers to make sacrifices in the final promotion push.

Twelve games remain in the regular season, starting with a trip to League One’s in-form team, Fleetwood Town, tomorrow.

Despite the distractions which have piled up in recent months, Parkinson remains convinced his squad can write their name into the history books as winners. But in order to do so, the Whites boss knows he must improve a run of form which reads just two victories in 10 games.

Drawing a line under all the off-the-field commotion, Parkinson heaped more responsibility on to his players’ shoulders in a team meeting yesterday in an effort to raise their game.

“This group of players have got a chance to make a real name for themselves,” he told The Bolton News. “And it starts this weekend.

“Forget what has happened in the past. I don’t want to look back in the summer and say we weren’t one of the teams that stood up when the going got tough.

“I have asked the lads which individuals in this team can make themselves heroes?

“That is where we are with 12 games to go. Big players produce when their team needs it the most – well this weekend is definitely one of those times.”

Wanderers have no new injury issues but will be missing the suspended Chris Long as they make their first-ever trip to Highbury.

Parkinson is demanding improvement in all aspects of the players’ preparations.

“People remember winners,” he said. “From day one we were given the responsibility of turning this great club round and we’re in a great position with 12 games to go.

“I am looking for a real push from everyone. I want some sacrifice, some extra bits before and after training, eating right, trying to find that extra few per cent. We need to look back and say we gave it our all.

“It was a good week, the lads have looked lively, we have cleared up a couple of niggling injuries, and there is so much to play for.”

Source

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Phil Parkinson could 'be a hero' if he drops Dervite for the weekend. 1:10 for a reminder of what's coming if he doesn't.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum