Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson predicting a Scunthorpe storm for Bolton Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson is backing his Wanderers to keep cool after giving them a storm warning at Scunthorpe.

The Whites boss predicts another tempestuous afternoon at Glanford Park, similar to the blood-and-thunder affair at Southend in midweek.

More than 2,200 fans will head across the Pennines hoping to see Parkinson’s men take another three points to edge them closer to the Championship.

Scunthorpe’s need for points is just as great as Graham Alexander’s side look to cling on to their play-off berth.

Parkinson has been impressed by the way his players have handled their promotion chase thus far and expects another professional performance.

“In the heat of battle you have to keep calm heads and we’ll be stressing that to the lads again,” he told The Bolton News. “I’m delighted we’ve sold out our tickets, I really am, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure it’s another great away day for the fans.

“We’re in a strong position but we have worked very, very hard to get here,” he said. “Physically and mentally the lads are in good shape right now. I looked at them in training and it was nice and calm. Maybe that’s the lull before the storm because we know Scunthorpe will be another ferocious game.

“After the season they’ve had they will be expecting the play-offs at the very least. They lost last week at Millwalll, which was a key game for them.

“It’s going to be the same as it was down at Southend.”

Andy Taylor’s fitness will be checked prior to the game but Parkinson has confirmed Gary Madine will not travel because of a shoulder injury.

Wanderers managed to win games at Shrewsbury and Southend without the talismanic target man on the field and Parkinson is refusing to be downbeat about his absence.

“He’s struggling but we go to Scunthorpe and Luke Daniels, their keeper, is out for the season, so while we have had a little bit of misfortune with Gaz, other teams have it as well.

“We have got players ready to step in.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum