Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers announce friendlies against Fleetwood Town and Chorley this summer

+4
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
karlypants
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS will reacquaint themselves with former League One promotion rivals Fleetwood Town this summer in a friendly at Highbury.
Phil Parkinson’s side will be heading to the Fylde coast on Saturday, July 22 (3pm kick-off).
The club has also confirmed a first team friendly at Chorley on July 8 – which looks likely to be the opening game of pre-season.
A regular fixture of the summer, the Harold Taylor Memorial Trophy has been largely contested with a development squad in recent years.

But Parkinson – a Chorley native – will use the match at Victory Park (kick-off 3pm) as a warm-up for his senior players.
Development squad games have also been pencilled in for July 5, at West Didsbury and Chorlton (kick-off 7pm), Atherton Colls (July 19, 7.45pm), FC United (July 28, 7.45pm) and Marine (August 1, 7.30pm).
First team friendlies had previously been announced against Stockport County on July 25 (7.45pm) and Stoke City at the Macron Stadium on July 29 (3pm).

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15311744.Wanderers_announce_friendly_with_former_promotion_rivals/

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

*Awaiting Nats comment on Chorley*

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Will Nat finally make a public appearance I wonder ?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're going to tear you a new one, Bolton bastards.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:We're going to tear you a new one, Bolton bastards.

A bit strong there Nat. Is your thong giving you gyp today?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from Stoke, Fleetwood is the highest ranked team of all the friendlies. Nothing too stretching then Parky? That said Newport were taking it seriously when they broke Chungy's leg so at least they are likely to be competitive.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:We're going to tear you a new one, Bolton bastards.

A bit strong there Nat. Is your thong giving you gyp today?
Laughing

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We'll Smash Chorley !!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hate friendlies as they can cause injuries to players ( witness Chung Yong Lee ) a few seasons ago who broke his leg against Newport and we lost him for a season.
Playing a bunch of agriculturals like Chorley is worrying as they'll be out to prove how good they are-and probably be over enthusiastic and injure a few of our prima donnas.

Why do they need 'friendlies' to get fit?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Playing a bunch of agriculturals like Chorley is worrying as they'll be out to prove how good they are-and probably be over enthusiastic and injure a few of our prima donnas.

We'll play your ponces off the park. They'll be no injuries as you won't get close to us.

Bolton bastards.

Early prediction: CFC 4-0 Bolton Att: 95,349

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Playing a bunch of agriculturals like Chorley is worrying as they'll be out to prove how good they are-and probably be over enthusiastic and injure a few of our prima donnas.

We'll play your ponces off the park. They'll be no injuries as you won't get close to us.

Bolton bastards.

Early prediction: CFC 4-0 Bolton Att: 95,349
Love it when you're riled, pet!!

I presume the 95.349 attendance is all your followers on Twitter.

Later prediction: Chorley 0 Bolton Development team ( under 18s) 5

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Love it when you're riled, pet!!

I presume the 95.349 attendance is all your followers on Twitter.

Later prediction: Chorley 0 Bolton Development team ( under 18s) 5

Get your facts right, Parkinson has said it will be a 1st team game - presumably because we dicked you last time.

Also, I'm withholding my worn knickers from you this week as punishment for your insolence. I'm keeping the cash though.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come on Nat- it was only banter. That punishment is too severe!!
Receiving your old drawers  is the highlight of my week!!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm really looking forward to the Chorley game, I'm certainly going to be there and a few of my mates from work are saying they'd like to come along as well. I don't really care what the result is as long as no one gets injured. It should be a good day out whatever the result, the Victory Park crowd are always good for a laugh and it's a pretty decent little ground overall.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I don't really care what the result is as long as no one gets injured.

If you wear a Bolton top you'll get injured. The Chorley women are hard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum