Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Buckley unconcerned by Bolton Wanderers' off-the-field woes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will Buckley insists Wanderers’ off-the-field issues were not a concern as he agreed a move to the Macron Stadium.

The ex-Brighton and Sunderland winger turned down advances from a handful of other Championship clubs to sign a two-year deal with the Whites at the end of last week.

Buckley says he looked past headlines about embargoes, ownership battles and late wages to concentrate on the benefits of helping Phil Parkinson’s squad establish themselves in the second tier.

“I honestly didn’t have any reservations,” he told The Bolton News. “This is a big club and I don’t think that really changes in the short term.

“I know it was in the Premier League and dropped down a couple of divisions but you look around the place and it really is massive. You might not pick up on that if you have been on the inside of it all when it has felt doom and gloom.

“I think you have to think positive. I’ve spoken with the manager about how he sees things going, and I’m happy it’s all heading in the right direction.

“We know we need to establish ourselves in the Championship again, that’s the aim at the moment. You never know what might happen from there.”

Wanderers hit the headlines for the wrong reasons on Saturday after failing to honour around £500,000 in bonuses and salaries due to the promotion-winning squad.

It is now understood most current playing staff have now been paid in full, with others to follow by Friday.

The club is also optimistic it will be in a position to file overdue company accounts for 2015/16 by the end of the week – seen a crucial step towards lifting the embargo - with final documentation now waiting to be signed off by board members.

Meanwhile, Niall McGinn, the Northern Ireland international who was tracked by Wanderers in the last few months, has joined South Korean side Gwangju.

The former Aberdeen striker was on a list of players who interested Phil Parkinson but it is believed the Whites boss has concentrated on other targets.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum