Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jem Karacan backing Sammy Ameobi to be a hit in the Championship

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jem Karacan can’t wait to see Sammy Ameobi unleash his box of tricks on the Championship.

The Wanderers midfielder is tipping his new team-mate to add a different attacking threat to Phil Parkinson’s promotion-winning squad.

Ameobi proved a hit on loan in the first half of last season and while he has played catch-up since linking up with the Whites a fortnight ago, Karacan believes he will be ready by the big kick-off against Leeds United in 12 days.

“We’re all excited about having Sammy in the squad again,” he told The Bolton News. “I only came in at the back-end of last season but right away you can see he offers that bit of creativity which maybe we have lacked a little bit at times.

“Just from watching him in training he’s got that little bit of magic to unlock doors and create chances. And you need that in the Championship because you are coming up against better defenders, better sides.

“He has been bedding down since he came in but I think you can tell he’s going to be a big player for us this season.”

Wanderers have reported season ticket sales are higher than their previous two seasons in the Championship – and it is understood they have now eclipsed the 11,000-mark.

And the sense of excitement has spread to the dressing room, with Karacan reporting confidence levels are still high after last year’s success in League One.

“Pre-season has been wicked – it has really got the spirit going again among the lads,” he said. “There have been some tough training sessions, tough games, but you need that.

“This time last season I was at Galatasaray and didn’t know what was happening. I’m so glad I got to come back home and sign for Bolton.

“Now we’ve got to keep that winning mentality going and take it on again from last season because it’s worth its weight in gold.

“If you can get that into the new lads as well – as I am quite new myself – then I think we can go and surprise a few people this season. We’ve slowly stepped it up and I can’t wait to get started now.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum