Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eye of the tiger: Phil Parkinson calling for big performance at Hull City

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has called on his Wanderers to go “all out” at Hull City for a first Championship win.

With the international break looming, the Whites boss is looking to milk every ounce of effort from his players at the KCOM Stadium tonight to ensure the league table makes better reading for the next fortnight.

David Wheater is set to sit out despite returning to training this week but after an impressive Carabao Cup win over Sheffield Wednesday Parkinson admits he has got options to change the team beaten by Derby last time out in the league.

“We’re having to assess which players are fresh enough but there’s no question a few did push themselves into our thinking the other night,” he told The Bolton News.

“What I want is a performance we can sit and be proud of over the international break. I want to go all out for a result.

“It’s a tough game on paper but we have got some momentum from midweek and we need to use it well.”

Parkinson heads back to Humberside, scene of one of the most difficult spells of his managerial career to date.

He moved from Colchester United to Hull in June 2006 but left the club by mutual consent after just 24 games in charge, later describing the six-month stint as his “the biggest disappointment of my career.”

It is the first time he has returned as a number one and he is keen to make it count.

“A lot of water has passed under the bridge since I managed Hull, they have been up and down a couple of times in the Premier League, so it is a very different club,” he said.

“From my point of view I don’t want to concentrate on the past. I just want to focus on us putting in the best performance of our season so far.

“Hull are perceived as a fairly big club in this division but they have experienced their fair share of turmoil with the relationship between the fans and the owners.

“We just need to stay positive.”

Wanderers were drawn away to West Ham United in the third round of the Carabao Cup, a tie Parkinson believes will keep his players on their toes over the break.

“The lads are excited about that one,” he said. “I know it’s not one of the big North West derbies but I think they had 40,000 on for Accrington in the last round, so it should be a decent windfall for us and a chance to play at an impressive stadium.”

Josh Cullen and Reece Burke will be ineligible to play against their parent club.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum