Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preston North End v Wanderers to be moved and televised

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers' trip to Preston North End in November has been moved forward by a day and will be televised live on Sky Sports.

The game, which was due to be played on Saturday 18 November, will now take place on Friday 17 November, kicking off at 7.45pm at Deepdale.

Ticket and travel information for the game will be announced in due course.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/preston-north-end-v-wanderers-to-be-moved-and-televised/

Celticwanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Had booked train tickets to bring my boy down from Glasgow for this. Worthless now. I suppose it's always a chance you take.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Celticwanderer wrote:Had booked train tickets to bring my boy down from Glasgow for this. Worthless now. I suppose it's always a chance you take.

Hard luck mate.

Is there no chance you can get a refund?

Worth asking anyway - the worst they can say is no.

Failing that contact Marc Iles at the Bolton News and see if he can get a bit of publicity for you - maybe the club will sort you out in someway if the know about you and your boy's story.

Best of luck.

Iles twitter account -

https://twitter.com/MarcIles

Celticwanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Thanks mate but i took the cheap, non refundable option as it still got us in to Preston at 12 so my thought was we would still make it even if changed to a lunchtime kick off.
Well used to these changes up here for Celtic games but as we go on supporters bus it doesn't matter as much.
Currently looking at some other fixtures I can get him to as I promised id get him down to one this season.

Celticwanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Bit of advice needed guys if possible.

If we were at a home match with a 3pm kick off, would i be able to get to bolton train station for 6pm?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Celticwanderer wrote:Bit of advice needed guys if possible.

If we were at a home match with a 3pm kick off, would i be able to get to bolton train station for 6pm?

The ground is a couple of miles outside of Bolton and is served by Horwich Parkway station.

It might worth your while checking to see if it is better for you to change at Preston to get to and from the ground. Saves you worrying of getting to and from the ground from Bolton station.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just a thought if you don't want to waste your train tickets, I see Burnley play Swansea on the 18th, in the Premier League.  Preston to Burnley should be easy by train and I can't really see the game being a sell out.

Not that I would wish your son find another team to follow other than Bolton but it is a Premier game for your lad to tell his mates about.

Just an idea for you.

Fixtures on that day -

http://www.skysports.com/football/fixtures-results/18-November-2017

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

The ground is a couple of miles outside of Bolton and is served by Horwich Parkway station.

It might worth your while checking to see if it is better for you to change at Preston to get to and from the ground.  Saves you worrying of getting to and from the ground from Bolton station.

Be careful at the moment as there are no trains at all stopping at Bolton and Horwich and with the flood the other week no one knows when the service will get back to normal

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

It might worth your while checking to see if it is better for you to change at Preston to get to and from the ground.  Saves you worrying of getting to and from the ground from Bolton station.

Be careful at the moment as there are no trains at all stopping at Bolton and Horwich and with the flood the other week no one knows when the service will get back to normal
The line will fully re open next Wednesday as this has now been fixed.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/15507455.REVEALED__Railway_line_will_re_open_a_MONTH_ahead_of_schedule/

There are some strikes up and coming though so not sure how long or when all that will be happening.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

thank God for that KP, rail replacement is a pain in the arse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum