Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

King Ken: Now man with the plan needs to furnish Bolton fans with detail

+5
gloswhite
wessy
Sluffy
wanderlust
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that Ken Anderson sits on top of the Wanderers tree unchallenged, a set of supporters wait to see what his next move will be.

The chairman played a canny game getting to the stage where he could increase his stake in the club to 95 per cent, giving him the same sure-footing Eddie Davies had enjoyed at the peak of his reign.

On the same day his rivals bidders were still claiming to be serious contenders in the battle to buy Dean Holdsworth’s shares, the former agent slipped in with little fanfare, did a deal with liquidator Andy Hoskings and renegotiated a loan with BluMarble.

We are still unclear on what financial pressures the new deal will place upon Anderson, the club or its assets in the future but, for now, a potentially volatile situation appears to have been calmed for the short term.

The next step is to make Bolton Wanderers operate like a normal club once again.

No more court cases, no more sanctions, no more ultimatums, a united cause intent on staying in the Championship this season and rallying behind Phil Parkinson and his squad.

Supporters have grown tired of reading about legal issues, heaven knows people like myself are sick and tired of writing about them.

While it is true to say there has never been a dull moment at Wanderers, those who have stuck by the team in the tough times are now desperate to see stability and gradual growth. It is the least deserved by the manager after last season’s success against the odds.

A quite unprecedented situation had unfolded at the Macron Stadium over the last year-and-a-half. Success on the pitch has made a mockery of the concerns off it. The term ‘crisis club’ usually goes hand-in-hand with someone struggling in the relegation zone but the Whites somehow managed to ignore the turmoil as they clinched promotion from League One.

“Now, with this issue fully resolved we can now all fully concentrate on supporting Phil Parkinson, his staff and the players without any distractions,” said Anderson on Wednesday, reiterating to The Bolton News that he now wanted to focus his attention to matters “on the pitch”.

Yesterday was a solid start. The signing of a proven Championship winger in Craig Noone was a valid addition to Parkinson's squad.

And while we did not see the wholesale removal of the embargo as the most optimistic of us had hoped for, there is the hope of more to come – suggesting Wanderers are intent on making a fist of survival.

Whatever your opinion of Anderson, and there have been a few bandied around on social media, there can be little dispute the club's internal structure is stronger now than when he arrived.

With assistance from the experienced footballing head of Paul Aldridge, the chairman has manufactured a good spine, albeit by making a number of “difficult decisions” which, put bluntly, have not helped his popularity in some quarters.

But he has carried on regardless, done things his way and earned a degree of popularity his predecessors never quite managed despite a lot more resources at their disposal.

Hopefully that attitude continues in the coming months when questions will be inevitably asked about the direction he intends to lead the club, and how he intends to accomplish his goals.

Even with such uncertainty over the ownership, Anderson had agreed weeks in advance to speak in front of the Lancaster Whites tomorrow night. He has often been described as the ‘man with a plan’ and it will be interesting to hear the details now he is out on his own.

Anderson has never claimed to have millions to spare and may well need to look elsewhere for the investment needed to take the club to the ‘next level’ – an act which is becoming more and more expensive with each passing transfer window.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes he does. We need to know what he's given away in order to get control and persuade BM to wait for their money, but I doubt we'll get a straight answer anytime soon.
We also need to know if he has weakened the club's financial position even further. Like the good salesman he is, he might be able to sell the EFL a business plan that persuades them to lift the embargo but the very fact that he blocked new money coming in makes it a taller order than before IMO but you never know - he's a very good salesman.

wanderlust wrote:Yes he does. We need to know what he's given away in order to get control and persuade BM to wait for their money, but I doubt we'll get a straight answer anytime soon.
We also need to know if he has weakened the club's financial position even further. Like the good salesman he is, he might be able to sell the EFL a business plan that persuades them to lift the embargo but the very fact that he blocked new money coming in makes it a taller order than before IMO but you never know - he's a very good salesman.
You're a dick.

Ffs, everyone keeps saying how Deano saved the club.  No.  Deano tried to buy the club with a crook who is now in prison and is the reason blue marble secured a loan against the club.

Ken has stated every step of the way his intentions for the club to run at a level which is self sustaining.  He has never, NEVER, given us any reason not to trust him.  Everything he has set out to do, he has done!  People like you, that wank bolton news reporter and the prick manning cant wait to either speculate how he is going to fuck things up or jump on anything negative.

He has had control of the club for less than 48 hours.  We have just had transfer deadline.  Give him a fucking chance ffs

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Yes he does. We need to know what he's given away in order to get control and persuade BM to wait for their money, but I doubt we'll get a straight answer anytime soon.
You're a dick.

Ffs, everyone keeps saying how Deano saved the club.  No.  Deano tried to buy the club with a crook who is now in prison and is the reason blue marble secured a loan against the club.

Ken has stated every step of the way his intentions for the club to run at a level which is self sustaining.  He has never, NEVER, given us any reason not to trust him.  Everything he has set out to do, he has done!  People like you, cant wait to speculate how he is going to fuck things up or jump on anything negative.

He has had control of the club for less than 48 hours.  We have just had transfer deadline.  Give him a fucking chance ffs

:clap:

Well said Johnny.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
You're a dick.

Ken has stated every step of the way his intentions for the club to run at a level which is self sustaining.  He has never, NEVER, given us any reason not to trust him.  Everything he has set out to do, he has done!  People like you, cant wait to speculate how he is going to fuck things up or jump on anything negative.

Well said Johnny.

Totally agree Johnny we are slowly improving and turning it around so give the guy some credit

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is certainly telling us we are improving and turning it around and you can't argue that his PR machine is saying all the right things, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a guy who made his money in sales.

That doesn't mean I have to believe it and as previously stated I'm firmly on the fence re Anderson until the facts come out.

So if you think I'm a dick when I write that we need to see the details before we decide then that's your prerogative but I'm not quite ready to crawl up his ass just yet.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTW he has given us plenty of reasons not to trust him.

wanderlust wrote:BTW he has given us plenty of reasons not to trust him.
List them

wanderlust wrote:
So if you think I'm a dick 
Yeah

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Football's governing body trusts him because they've done fuck all to kick him out like they did with Cellino at Leeds.

The Court appointed liquidator trusts him because he did the deal with him for the shares as being best for the debtor he represents to recovering his money and fucked the others off.

Yet some moonman on the internet who almost certainly has never done any dealings with him and probably never has even met him - doesn't!

I know who I trust to be right!

Rolling Eyes

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
List them
1. He has taken control using the club's assets as loan collateral rather than investing his personal money
2. Whenever he put his own money in, he took it out as soon as cashflow allowed and without permission from the Board
3. Whenever anyone has tried to introduce new money into the club he has obstructed access to the accounts which of course are needed before an investment can be made. He did this not only to potential new shareholders but also blocked Deano seeing the accounts when...
4. in the full knowledge that Deano had no more money to put in he used his majority shareholding to force Deano to reduce his stake
5. Rather than allow anyone else take a share of the club and introduce new money, he sold off our best young talent including Clough and Holding
6. His PR machine talks about anything apart from the actual deals he has agreed to.

His behaviour so far has been very worrying indeed, especially in preventing anyone else investing new money into the club and it has all the hallmarks of a power grabbing asset stripper, but...in the absence of any evidence one way or the other - and we already know from the reported experience of potential investors that KA is willing to go to great lengths to prevent access to the accounts - I have to sit on the fence for now, but I trust him about as far as I can throw Blackpool Tower.

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
List them
1. He has taken control using the club's assets as loan collateral rather than investing his personal money
2. Whenever he put his own money in, he took it out as soon as cashflow allowed and without permission from the Board
3. Whenever anyone has tried to introduce new money into the club he has obstructed access to the accounts which of course are needed before an investment can be made. He did this not only to potential new shareholders but also blocked Deano seeing the accounts when...
4. in the full knowledge that Deano had no more money to put in he used his majority shareholding to force Deano to reduce his stake
5. Rather than allow anyone else take a share of the club and introduce new money, he sold off our best young talent including Clough and Holding
6. His PR machine talks about anything apart from the actual deals he has agreed to.

His behaviour so far has been very worrying indeed, especially in preventing anyone else investing new money into the club and it has all the hallmarks of a power grabbing asset stripper, but...in the absence of any evidence one way or the other - and we already know from the reported experience of potential investors that KA is willing to go to great lengths to prevent access to the accounts - I have to sit on the fence for now, but I trust him about as far as I can throw Blackpool Tower.
Not a single fact.  Well done

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Johnny the bloke is unhinged, you're never going to be able to reason with him - God knows I've tried doing so for ages now.

He DEMANDS facts from everybody who has a different point from him but simply listens to the voices in his head for his 'facts'.

Basically Anderson has been able to change a legally binding agreement from BM on the club (via SSBWFC) to a legally binding agreement from BM on the club (directly) and for that some people make him out to be the Devil!!!

He's absolutely no idea WHO these supposedly new investors have been since Anderson/Holdsworth took over the club - no one has - and the only person identified as possibly being one of them (by Iles and Chris Manning) is a bloke who owned a mobile phone shop on Halliwell Road a few years back that went bust!!!

The sports governing body (EFL) and the British judiciary (the court appointed liquidator) have stood by Anderson, so in their eyes he must be doing something right - yet we still have some moonmen shouting from the rooftops that they know better than they do based on no actual facts whatsoever!!!

Laughable.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
List them

Really? Perhaps Parky should pick Clough and Holding next week against Boro then.
What surprises me is that Anderson hasn't sued the papers that printed all the above for libel. Maybe it's because it's all true?

To quote Deano in one rag:

“Ken’s allegation that I have refused to contribute funds to the club is untrue.
“I have not refused to pay, but am unwilling to advance funds until I receive the proper financial information required for me to make financial investment into the club.
“That critical financial information has been withheld from me by Ken. It is worth noting that when Ken has provided funds to the club, he has withdrawn those funds as soon as cashflow has allowed, without prior approval of the board.
“The significant delays in completing the audit and the filing of the Burnden Leisure Limited accounts, together with Mr Anderson’s previous issues in his role as a company director, in my opinion, together give rise to concern about Ken’s management of the club."

If Deano was lying why did Anderson not take action?
Or perhaps I could cite the non-refundable £half a million Anderson demanded when investors wanted to look at the accounts? Or the other allegation's made by various parties in the media which Anderson neither denies nor litigates against.
I honestly don't know if there's no fire despite the smoke but I won't be swallowing everything he says until the accounts are published.
IMO he's starving the club of much-needed investment in order to get more money when he cashes out, but we'll see won't we. 

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Johnny don't waste your breath.

Holdsworth ended up signing the accounts as a true and proper record - he's hardly likely to have put his signature to them if he was shouting from the rooftops that Anderson was some sort of a crook, would he?

That would be conspiracy to defraud if he truly believed that!

If he really believed Anderson was up to no good why didn't he report him to proper authorities and the the police?

The liquidator had the powers to look at the books for free - and he chose Anderson as the right and proper person to deal with - presumably in some peoples logic he must be a crook too then!?

As for starving the club of investment then somebody MUST be paying the bills - and that someone can only be Anderson.  Why would he be doing that if he according to some he doesn't have any money, has taken out any loans (they would be shown as a charge on the club at Companies House) and apparently scaring away any other investors?

Oh yes, to asset strip a club that still has the BM debt charged against (plus the Davies debt) and is having to fund from his own pocket, which both the footballs governing body (EFL) and the court's liquidator keep giving him their blessings to carry on!!!

But Wanderlust knows best.

Rolling Eyes

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
List them

Really? Perhaps Parky should pick Clough and Holding next week against Boro then.
What surprises me is that Anderson hasn't sued the papers that printed all the above for libel. Maybe it's because it's all true?

To quote Deano in one rag:

“Ken’s allegation that I have refused to contribute funds to the club is untrue.
“I have not refused to pay, but am unwilling to advance funds until I receive the proper financial information required for me to make financial investment into the club.
“That critical financial information has been withheld from me by Ken. It is worth noting that when Ken has provided funds to the club, he has withdrawn those funds as soon as cashflow has allowed, without prior approval of the board.
“The significant delays in completing the audit and the filing of the Burnden Leisure Limited accounts, together with Mr Anderson’s previous issues in his role as a company director, in my opinion, together give rise to concern about Ken’s management of the club."

If Deano was lying why did Anderson not take action?
Or perhaps I could cite the non-refundable £half a million Anderson demanded when investors wanted to look at the accounts? Or the other allegation's made by various parties in the media which Anderson neither denies nor litigates against.
I honestly don't know if there's no fire despite the smoke but I won't be swallowing everything he says until the accounts are published.
IMO he's starving the club of much-needed investment in order to get more money when he cashes out, but we'll see won't we. 
Again, based on biased reports.  Keep going and trying though

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I see Ka's manipulations and manoeuvring as nothing more than what was necessary to unite the club under one owner. To my mind, he did it exceptionally well, and whatever his motives, he is now in the position that he has to keep it going, not just for his own benefit, but also to fulfil his legal and financial commitments. There have been many fingers in this pie, and a real mess it turned into. He's sorted many problems,for whatever reason, and the least we can do is support him.

gloswhite wrote:I see Ka's manipulations and manoeuvring as nothing more than what was necessary to unite the club under one owner. To my mind, he did it exceptionally well, and whatever his motives, he is now in the position that he has to keep it going, not just for his own benefit, but also to fulfil his legal and financial commitments. There have been many fingers in this pie, and a real mess it turned into. He's sorted many problems,for whatever reason, and the least we can do is support him.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I see Ka's manipulations and manoeuvring as nothing more than what was necessary to unite the club under one owner. To my mind, he did it exceptionally well, and whatever his motives, he is now in the position that he has to keep it going, not just for his own benefit, but also to fulfil his legal and financial commitments. There have been many fingers in this pie, and a real mess it turned into. He's sorted many problems,for whatever reason, and the least we can do is support him.

+1

Totally agree.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As I have said before, KA did what was necessary to get rid of Deano, Sports Shield, etc. He will now do what is necessary to survive, when he clears the accounts with the League, and will then either try to bring in new investment money or try to sell the club at a profit.

As far as I am concerned, he saves us from the chopping block. DeanO tried to make one million quid for putting the deal together prior to KA coming in at the last minute. Whatever or whoever you believe, he saved the club. He then sold off our prize assets in Clough and Holding to get through the inept deals made by the prior management. Somehow he even managed to make up the shortfall each and every month until we got most of the high earners off the books. He says the club has to run at a break even... pretty good business acumen in my mind.

So now he either finds new investment or sells the club on at a profit. We need to survive for those things to happen. I'm sure KA is plenty smart enough to realise what he has to do... but the League has the final say as to our spending. Hopefully the books are not cooked, and the League takes us out of financial limitations. I only hope we can bring in some players before too long to help save this dismal season. As Nat has said time and time again... we need a leader on the pitch.

No matter how KA managed to take control, his words to us have shown business savvy. Now we need to find the same sharp mind to buy us players to escape the drop and find new investors.. My guess is that he will do both... and make a well deserved profit..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum