Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce Interview

+2
Angry Dad
xmiles
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Allardyce Interview Empty Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 07:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I saw this quote on the Teamtalk site.

"I have to say there wasn't much feeling when Blackburn were relegated because of the way they treated me," he told the People.

"Bolton is a different story because I left them and I only did that because of their lack of ambition. Everyone knows how much the club means to me and always will, so I was saddened by their relegation."

Seems fair enough to me.

2Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 11:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Alway's knew this.

3Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 13:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We all know that there was more to Sam leaving than just "lack of ambition" but alas I believe we will never know the full story.

I have no gripes whatsoever about Big Sam - even if he did leave us with an ageing team but he did get us to places the club has never been to before!

4Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 13:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:I saw this quote on the Teamtalk site.

"I have to say there wasn't much feeling when Blackburn were relegated because of the way they treated me," he told the People.

"Bolton is a different story because I left them and I only did that because of their lack of ambition. Everyone knows how much the club means to me and always will, so I was saddened by their relegation."

Seems fair enough to me.

so does this PROVE that im right when i whinge about the clubs pathetic lack of ambition?

5Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 14:01

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

so does this PROVE that im right when i whinge about the clubs pathetic lack of ambition?

Don't be daft.

You think not offering Carlos Sanchez a blank cheque book is a lack of ambition.

6Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 14:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Don't be daft.

You think not offering Carlos Sanchez a blank cheque book is a lack of ambition.

no, of course not... I think the general lack of ambition we have showed over the past few years proves it.

we never go 'balls deep' to get a player... we are to quick to walk away.

refuse to 'speculate to accumulate' - instead we just 'hope' everything turns out ok. for example, west ham got promoted this year - they will spend premier league money on KEEPING them a premier league club... should we go up, we will simply 'hope' we stay up by spending next to nothing and having very much the same championship squad we had when we came up...

It really grates on me how gartside told Sam to fuck off when he wanted a few million to get us in the champions league... i stand by my opinion that we were in with a SERIOUS fighting chance - that SHOWS a lack of ambition - even you cant argue with that.

also, the argument that no money was available is also bullshit... sacking big Sam would have cost us a lot of money, on top of this we also allowed gary megson to waste 13 million on elmander not long after this (I know Sammy lee didn't spend much but there is no point talking about him, he wasn't here long enough)

7Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 14:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

no, of course not... I think the general lack of ambition we have showed over the past few years proves it.

refuse to 'speculate to accumulate' - instead we just 'hope' everything turns out ok. for example, west ham got promoted this year - they will spend premier league money on KEEPING them a premier league club... should we go up, we will simply 'hope' we stay up by spending next to nothing and having very much the same championship squad we had when we came up...

It really grates on me how gartside told Sam to fuck off when he wanted a few million to get us in the champions league... i stand by my opinion that we were in with a SERIOUS fighting chance - that SHOWS a lack of ambition - even you cant argue with that.

also, the argument that no money was available is also bullshit... sacking big Sam would have cost us a lot of money, on top of this we also allowed gary megson to waste 13 million on elmander not long after this (I know Sammy lee didn't spend much but there is no point talking about him, he wasn't here long enough)

How much debt is it you want the club to get into before you will consider us to be ambitious or 'balls deep' enough in our transfer strategy?

You're going to have to accept at some point, Rebel, sooner, rather than later I hope for the sake of your sanity, that organically, Bolton Wanderers is a small football club and will never compete at the upper echelons of English football.

There are two sides to the story with regards to Allardyce wanting to sign Vidic and Evra and we've only head Allardyce's side, haven't we. Therefore we do not have a reliable account of events upon which to form a balanced and informed opinion. It follows that all your conclusions drawn from that, and your subsequent ire, are subjective.

8Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 14:45

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

How much debt is it you want the club to get into before you will consider us to be ambitious or 'balls deep' enough in our transfer strategy?

You're going to have to accept at some point, Rebel, sooner, rather than later I hope for the sake of your sanity, that organically, Bolton Wanderers is a small football club and will never compete at the upper echelons of English football.

There are two sides to the story with regards to Allardyce wanting to sign Vidic and Evra and we've only head Allardyce's side, haven't we. Therefore we do not have a reliable account of events upon which to form a balanced and informed opinion. It follows that all your conclusions drawn from that, and your subsequent ire, are subjective.

your opinions are are also subjective larghat - you seem to forget this when lecturing people.

let me ask you this...

you are the chairman of BWFC.

one year - we are sat in the premier league top 6 with a few games to go. we needed 4 points to get to 4th spot. the manager asked you for 10 million pounds to sign 2 players whom he was confident would get us in to the champions league - you said no as there is no money.

regardless of who was fucking whose wife, you told me no money was available...

you then get sacked... and your successor gets to waste 13 million quid on Johan elmander not very long after.

so money WAS there... so this poses the question...

why the fuck did garty say 'we dont want to qualify for the champions league'

???

that shows a lack of ambition... a big one.

either that, or his hatred (for whatever reason, the above comments are tongue-in-cheek) for big Sam clouded his professional judgement - something gartside should be ashamed of.

If gartsides side of the story IS indeed different to big sams ... then why the fuck has he not come out and said it?

thus... big Sam is right.

9Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 14:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
your opinions are are also subjective larghat - you seem to forget this when lecturing people.

You're completely missing the point. You asked if Allardyce's comments were "PROOF" of anything. I offered my opinion on whether they are "PROOF" - which is the question you asked. Sorry you don't like the answer, but it wasn't a lecture. The answer is NO, they are not "PROOF". That's not my opinion, it's a fact.

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
let me ask you this...

you are the chairman of BWFC.

one year - we are sat in the premier league top 6 with a few games to go. we needed 4 points to get to 4th spot. the manager asked you for 10 million pounds to sign 2 players whom he was confident would get us in to the champions league - you said no as there is no money.

regardless of who was fucking whose wife, you told me no money was available...

you then get sacked... and your successor gets to waste 13 million quid on Johan elmander not very long after.

so money WAS there... so this poses the question...

why the fuck did garty say 'we dont want to qualify for the champions league'

???

that shows a lack of ambition... a big one.

either that, or his hatred (for whatever reason, the above comments are tongue-in-cheek) for big Sam clouded his professional judgement - something gartside should be ashamed of.

If gartsides side of the story IS indeed different to big sams ... then why the fuck has he not come out and said it?

thus... big Sam is right.

Elmander was bought with the proceeds of the Anelka sale. It was not the same money you want Gartside to have given Allardyce eighteen months earlier, so it's false premise.

Allardyce also wasn't sacked.

I'm not aware of where the quote attributed to Gartside that "we don't want to qualify for the Champions League" comes from, so I can't answer that.

Stick to the facts.

10Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 14:57

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok_Rebel wrote:sacking big Sam would have cost us a lot of money

We didn't sack him. He walked out on us for a 'break from football'. Only to turn up at Newcastle a few weeks later. He cost us a couple million pounds with that shadey move.

11Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 15:01

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/8684615/Sam-Allardyce-admits-that-he-left-Bolton-Wanderers-due-to-the-clubs-lack-of-ambition.html#

here is the bit from sams mouth... gartside has NEVER said this is not true... why?

"We had 39 points after 21 games. We were ahead of Arsenal, ahead of
Liverpool. We needed to spend some money to give us an opportunity to finish
in the Champions League and I was turned down flat and told that we don’t
want to finish in the Champions League.”

12Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 15:06

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:sacking big Sam would have cost us a lot of money

We didn't sack him. He walked out on us for a 'break from football'. Only to turn up at Newcastle a few weeks later. He cost us a couple million pounds with that shadey move.

ok... my bad.

he still seems to hold a torch for us but hates gartside. I can conclude from this that (in my opinion) he was pushed/managed out...

13Allardyce Interview Empty Re: Allardyce Interview Wed Aug 08 2012, 15:37

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And you're entitled, in fact, welcome to hold that view Rebel. I just want you to accept that Sam left BWFC under a cloud, his relationship with Gartside is not good, he has a bit of an ego, he never publicly admits to being in the wrong about anything, and his account of why he left BWFC can't be relied upon as completely accurate. Surely everyone learns this in history at school. Reliable witnesses, primary evidence, bias etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum