Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are they now? - Jaroslaw Fojut

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where are they now? - Jaroslaw Fojut Empty Where are they now? - Jaroslaw Fojut Tue Jan 17 2012, 17:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Celtic have signed Jaroslaw Fojut from Polish league-leaders Slask Wroclaw on a pre-contract agreement.

The 24-year-old defender has agreed a three-year deal with the Scottish Premier League leaders that will commence from the summer.

Fojut spent five years at Bolton from 2004 to 2009, making one appearance.

"He already knows the British game, so I don't think it will take him too long to adapt to the rigours of Scottish football," said manager Neil Lennon.

Lennon, speaking to the club website, said he has been aware of Fojut for some time.

"I actually played against him when he was on loan at Luton for Nottingham Forest and often wondered what happened to him, as he was on loan from Bolton at the time and I was really impressed by him," he added.

"So (Celtic scout) John Park and myself got talking, and his name came up again.

"We did a bit of homework on him since then, and I think he's been in excellent form for his club this year and on the verge of international recognition.

"To get him on a pre-contract is a good bit of business again for the club.

"He's strong, technically good, quick, and he's very good in the air.

"At 24, he's at a good age. He had a bad injury and was out of football for around a year, but it looks like he's come back stronger than ever, and I'm pleased with the signing.

"I think his all-round game is very good. He has been playing at a decent level of football from a young age, but what I like about him is his physical qualities."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't say I remember him but if he made only one appearance that would explain it. Going off his age he was only sixteen when he came to us and 21 when he left. Bizarre.

He must have been one of Big Sams signings.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He was in the academy.

I think he turned a contract down with us to go back to Poland iirc.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Worth a punt?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Too late.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

One of those players that went out on loan a few times but never seemed to cut the mustard with us.

I can't imagine we will regret letting him go, they are not known for world class defending in Scotland.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum