Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Sunderland

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Sunderland Empty What Parkinson Thought - Sunderland Wed Nov 01 2017, 10:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers managed to extend their unbeaten run to four games following a pulsating 3-3 draw against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Tuesday evening.

Goals from Sammy Ameobi, Gary Madine and Karl Henry almost gave Wanderers the three points on Wearside, but for Patrick McNair’s late strike ensuring the spoils were shared.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk following the final whistle, manager Phil Parkinson covered the following points...

On his side’s performance…

We’re disappointed not to get all three points after scoring three goals away from home.

I thought first-half we were excellent and deservedly went ahead. The goal before half-time has sent us into the dressing room flat just before the break and you can tell it really lifted them.

They probably started the second period better than us, but we showed some great character to get ourselves back into it and go 3-2 up. To then concede and only get a point is really frustrating for us but I felt we looked a threat going forward all night, all our attacking players are playing with confidence and that’s great to see.

On tonight’s goal-scorers…

Sammy was excellent tonight and he can be a very difficult player to deal with. He got 90 minutes under his belt which was very important and all-in-all I thought he played well and I’m pleased there was another goal for him.

I thought that was Gary’s best all-round performance of the season, he was excellent tonight and did everything you’d want from your centre-forward. He held the ball up well, he ran in behind and looked a real goal threat so I’m pleased for him because he’s worked really hard and hasn’t had the goal-scoring reward. Not just his goal tonight, but his all-round performance was terrific.

I thought Antonee Robinson showed some fantastic athleticism down the left-hand side and put in a great cross where Karl Henry has come in around the back and finished really well. Special mention for Antonee Robinson tonight, his performance was really good and he saw off two very good opposition players.

On his side’s attacking quality…

We know when you score three on your travels you have to get all three points and we haven’t done that tonight. However, from where we were a month ago, when we looked like we weren’t going to score, we now look really dangerous as a team and that’s great for us going forward.

And finally on Saturday’s fixture vs Norwich…

We go four games unbeaten going in to this home game on Saturday and we have to go into it bouncing full of confidence and make sure we go into the international break with the right result. We’ve had a very consistent selection of late and it gets us into that rhythm.

Andrew Taylor has had to miss out tonight and Antonee Robinson has come in and done well. Filipe Morais and Adam Le Fondre have slight injuries problems so we will have to reassess the squad, but hopefully we will be able to get them ready and have a full squad for Saturday’s game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum