Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers chairman Ken Anderson announces Q&A before Reading clash

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS chairman Ken Anderson will be holding a special Q&A session before tomorrow night's game against Reading.
The event is open to all Bolton fans and will take place in the Reflections Restaurant in the Bolton Whites Hotel from 6pm.
Information released by the club suggests the meeting will enable the chairman to update fans on a “number of topics.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15671680.Ken_Anderson_announces_Q_A_before_Reading_clash/

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't fault him for being approachable.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Amir is going to be flushed out tomorrow!  Laughing

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Was Ken waiting for the team to get some reasonable results before announcing a Q and A session?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:Was Ken waiting for the team to get some reasonable results before announcing a Q and A session?

Possibly but I tend to think if he's putting himself up to meet the anti-Anderson crowd's questions (aka the ST!) he's more likely to be answering questions on the clubs financial state now (why has he cashed in on Holding's add on's now - is it cash flow problems or war chest for the transfer window) - and in the future (is the club up for sale or not / what investment will he / others be putting in and within what time scale).

Plus other oldies like - are we still under some sort of an embargo, what was the BluMarble deal and how does it effect the club - and did the club buy Holdsworth shares, etc, etc.

So I think he must be facing up now because he's very confident of the position he finds himself in financially, more than anything else.

Obviously it does make things easier though that on the field we are doing better than we were a couple of months back!

That's my view anyway.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A transfer war chest would be nice.
However, Superagent was saying on Twitter yesterday that 20,000 fans are needed, which to my cynical nature was a case of getting excuses in early for not spending any money in the January window.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think us getting 20,000 is achievable at the bottom of the Championship, we struggled to get that many when we in the last few years of the Premiership.

Welcome to Growler by the way, nice to see a new poster on here  Very Happy

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:Don't think us getting 20,000 is achievable at the bottom of the Championship, we struggled to get that many when we in the last few years of the Premiership.

Yes if Superagent wanted a club that got 20,000 fans in the Championship relegation zone im not sure Bolton was the right club to purchase, mind you it would have cost more than a quid to buy Sunderland or Leeds.

Hope to enjoy my time on BoltonNuts, it seems that moderators on certain other sites only want posters who agree with them..

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:A transfer war chest would be nice.
However, Superagent was saying on Twitter yesterday that 20,000 fans are needed, which to my cynical nature was a case of getting excuses in early for not spending any money in the January window.

I suspect like you, that money is still and issue to Anderson/the club and that cash flow is tight but it wouldn't surprise me that we do strengthen the team by whatever means in January. We need to find goals somehow and imo we also need some cover for Henry because we were woeful in that respect before he came in.

We are still in with a decent chance of avoiding relegation - a win against Reading tonight would be very helpful to us in that respect - and obviously we will be a more attractive club to buy/invest in, if we remain in the division and not end up in the one below it.

A belated hello and welcome to you also.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:
Norpig wrote:Don't think us getting 20,000 is achievable at the bottom of the Championship, we struggled to get that many when we in the last few years of the Premiership.

Yes if Superagent wanted a club that got 20,000 fans in the Championship relegation zone im not sure Bolton was the right club to purchase, mind you it would have cost more than a quid to buy Sunderland or Leeds.

Hope to enjoy my time on BoltonNuts, it seems that moderators on certain other sites only want posters who agree with them..
I'm saying nowt about Mods  Laughing

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tbh I couldn't hear much of the video so here are the highlights thanks to Marc Iles - (live match blog)

The Ken Anderson Q&A was an interesting affair...

We learned that a billionaire investor was on the verge of buying the club until things went quiet. Now their assets have been "internationally frozen".

We heard that the Macron Stadium might not be the Macron Stadium for much longer...

Ken Anderson said the club was looking to sign "three or four" players in January - but looks more likely to be through the loan market.

And the club is looking to stage some concerts next summer. Stone Roses please!

Thought the chairman handled himself quite well. Not the rowdy/tough questioning social media hinted at in the build-up... But then that's the way these things tend to go!

Ken Anderson said a stadium name change looked likely, although Macron will be given the opportunity to renew. Once again, he questioned the commercial merit of the last agreement.

Additional reporting thanks to the LoV - (twitter)

1st question was about recruitment:
"The recruitment team has been out there for a few months actively looking for signings in January. We're looking for cover, particularly cover for Madine." #bwfc

2nd question was about investment:

Ken stated that he got down the road with possible investment, even talking about how much it would cost to get to the PL, but the persons involved had their funds frozen a couple weeks ago #bwfc

Question about the FanZone:

Ken stated that it loses the club money, and his job is to stop the club losing money. Wants to get back to the big crowds of last season #bwfc

Someone asked for clarification on the transfer embargo:

Ken Anderson stated he and the EFL both announced it had completely gone #bwfc

Question asked finances:

KA said that the club is losing around £5/6 million a year, which is being covered by himself. Looking for added ways to raise funds, including possible concerts at the stadium next year #bwfc

Someone asked Ken why is here still here:

KA said his wife asked him the same thing. Also stated he gets a buzz from watching Bolton, particularly after promotion and wants the club to be successful #bwfc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum