Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Empty Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Tue Nov 28 2017, 16:48

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Oh those heady days a billionaire with big plans for Bolton Wanderers. Who didn’t salivate at the thought. Anyone any idea what went wrong.
Yes we got Sport Shield and KA. I’m assuming Eddie Davies wanted more recompense of Tamraz than he was willing to give.
So we got Del Boy in his yellow Reliant Robin and his 5 million quid loan and Perma tanned KA. If there were ever two opposite buyers we got the ugly sisters and Cinderella done one. Can anyone cast any light on why Roger Tamraz pulled out.
Seeing Smug Wolves fans on you tube takes me back to early 2016 when it seemed for a fleeting moment we were going to be signing top quality players to take us back to the promised land. Fast forward 2 years and begging Arsenal for a few hundred thousand quid,I still expect a billionaire knight on a shining horse to buy us hand the manager plenty of Cash to take us back to the land of milk and honey oh n Money.

2Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Empty Re: Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Tue Nov 28 2017, 17:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Can't say I ever took the Tamraz rumours seriously.

I can't believe any normal person would ever want to pump millions into a football club like ours but as we are talking about the 'football world' and that chance of being a billionaires 'play thing', then why not, clearly foreign nationals with loads of dosh have snapped up other clubs - so one day why not us?

Can't ever see it being Roger though!

3Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Empty Re: Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Tue Nov 28 2017, 20:08

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I think when things are reported in the paper that he has had his people look at books etc makes you hope.
If Wolves were bought for £40 million,why not us. We have a better ground similar support. If we were buying players for £15 million and playing great Football there would be 20-000 every week plus at the Macron. This years average is just under 16-000 for pretty dire stuff. You would think that at £25 million there would be takers. Wolves were leauge 1 4 years ago.

4Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Empty Re: Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Mon Dec 04 2017, 14:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers for 45 wrote:I think when things are reported in the paper that he has had his people look at books etc makes you hope.
If Wolves were bought for £40 million,why not us. We have a better ground similar support. If we were buying players for £15 million and playing great Football there would be 20-000 every week plus at the Macron. This years average is just under 16-000 for pretty dire stuff. You would think that at £25 million there would be takers. Wolves were leauge 1 4 years ago.
At the time that Tamraz's company were looking at BWFC, Eddie had just pulled out leaving all the assets in place and they were valued at just shy of £40 million at the time. However there were expensive player contracts in place as well as creditors (including Eddie and the Warby's) so whilst at first glance it looked like an opportunity to pick up £40 million of assets for peanuts (as Anderson later did) it soon became apparent that a substantial investment was needed to maintain cashflow in the short term and then further investment to take the club forward from there. Not the bargain it might at first have seemed unless Tamraz wanted the club so much that he was ready to throw serious money at it and try to recoup it on the back of on the field success. He didn't.
Anderson was never in the position to invest the money needed but he realised that there was another way of skinning the cat i.e. pawning/selling off the assets to cover cashflow and keeping new investment (and his risk) to the minimum which is what happened and is why we are where we are today with the club's valuation having dropped to £25 million or possibly even less given that the figure was Anderson's valuation.

5Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Empty Re: Whatever happened to Roger Tamraz Mon Dec 04 2017, 16:04

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Yes I understand all that. However if your a billionaire it means you have 1-000 million. At 75 you’d think he’d think I can’t take it with me. Why not have a crack at something other than airlines and boring shit like that.
Obviously I’m a Bolton fan till I’m six feet under and I would think that. But we got a shitty takeover, and it looks like Josh Vela is up for sale come January.Probz be a fucking freebie peanuts payment.
If Vela gets sold Anderson can fuck off. Holding,Clough and with Vela only having 18 months left you know he’s going If an offer comes in from Brighton as it says in papers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum