Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Muamba plays for first time since heart atack

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Fabrice Muamba has revealed he has played football for the first time since his heart attack last season.

He told CNN World Sport: "I was on holiday and I was staying in a hotel and there were quite a few footballers in the hotel as well.

"The staff of the hotel usually play against the visitors so I was by the pool and I heard they were playing football. I was like 'ah really?' and I was like 'yeah' and there's me thinking maybe I should try.

"Then I went across and saw other footballers playing and I told my friends and (fiance) Shona. I told her 'I am sorry but I am going to play football'. She goes 'are you sure?' and I say 'yes' and I just went in there."

The 24-year-old admitted his fiance was "scared" as he played for around 25 minutes. However, he had no problems and was just glad to be back in action.

Muamba added: "It was just to get back into the groove and to get back into momentum.

"It was just playing like I was training. It was great, I enjoyed it.

"I just hope to God that I can get in there myself, with the 11 players on the pitch and to play would be fantastic."

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any way - sounds like he is keen to keep playing.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He didn't have a heart attack. I'm not being pedantic, but Tribal Football can't even get that right. What a bunch of donkeys.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You may have seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where he is going to have minor surgery done which should ideally allow him to return to his playing career. I certainly wish him well.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Keegan wrote:You may have seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where he is going to have minor surgery done which should ideally allow him to return to his playing career. I certainly wish him well.

I hope I wrong but I can't see him playing with any kind of device inside him. Or is that just a temporary thing ?

N'Gogba

David Ngog
David Ngog

Spirit of 58 wrote:I hope I wrong but I can't see him playing with any kind of device inside him. Or is that just a temporary thing ?

Fadiga played with a similar device inside him, if im not mistaken?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Several players throughout Europe play with this device apparently.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Thanks guys ! Maybe Fab will be OK to play again then. Let's hope so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum