Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-0 Bristol City

+18
Kane57
wessy
observer
DEANO82
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
Growler
rammywhite
y2johnny
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The build up to the goal.

Note in particular Robinson's involvement in it.

As Bristol were taking a corner he was with Ameobi at the edge of the penalty area - presumably briefed to be there presumably to the block a shot - I guess it most be one of City's dead ball favourites - which indicates they have been scouted an analysed.

Or else Robinson was well out of the position from where he should have been - I'll assume it was the former.

When the corner is played into the box Robinson has already run to the other side of the 'D' and had the quick thinking to knock the ball on (by back heeling it) for Ameobi to run on to.

He then turns around and sprints down the left wing channel to give Ameobi an option if he needed it.

Certainly a great deal of energy and commitment by the youngster.

62BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The build up to the goal.

Note in particular Robinson's involvement in it.

As Bristol were taking a corner he was with Ameobi at the edge of the penalty area - presumably briefed to be there presumably to the block a shot - I guess it most be one of City's dead ball favourites - which indicates they have been scouted an analysed.

Or else Robinson was well out of the position from where he should have been - I'll assume it was the former.

When the corner is played into the box Robinson has already run to the other side of the 'D' and had the quick thinking to knock the ball on (by back heeling it) for Ameobi to run on to.

He then turns around and sprints down the left wing channel to give Ameobi an option if he needed it.

Certainly a great deal of energy and commitment by the youngster.
Encouragingly, it was a team performance and I like this particular online review:

After Bolton Wanderers’ 1-0 win over Bristol City on Friday night, it was goalscorer Sammy Ameobi who got most of the adulation from fans and was named by the TV commentators as man-of-the-match.
Few will deny that Ameobi had a great evening. He combined nicely with Mark Little down the right in the first half hour - and there are not too many Bolton players who have scored better goals from open play this season than his second half long-range winner.
Just as deserving of the plaudits though were Bolton’s three centre-backs: Dorian Dervite, David Wheater and Mark Beevers. The latter two, who were models of consistency during last season’s League One promotion campaign, weren’t certain to start.
Wheater was recovering from a groin injury while Beevers has only recently been given the all clear after being struck down with appendicitis, yet no casual observers would have guessed either had endured fitness problems.
Wheater dominated Famara Diedhiou in the air, Beevers put his body on the line while Dervite was equally impressive. The ex-Charlton defender has had his critics at this level in previous seasons but he read the game superbly and was quick to close own opposing forwards, forcing them away from dangerous areas.
The trio were protected well by Derik Osede, who excelled at closing off advanced space for Ryan Kent while Karl Henry, despite technical limitations, battled admirably.
The Trotters needed a small helping of luck along the way: Ben Alnwick could easily have conceded a seventh minute penalty for a foul on Bobby Reid, which the referee gave the other way. Alnwick then came up trumps in the second half, producing a fine reflex save to deny Diedhiou.
The talk pre-match had been about how much Phil Parkinson’s side would miss top scorer Gary Madine – and the absence of a like-for-like replacement means this is still a valid issue.
However, what new boy Tyler Walker lacked in physicality he made up for in mobility. The striker got to loose balls with ease and pressed very quickly at the right moments while another exciting Nottingham Forest loanee, Zach Clough, showed his silky-footwork after coming on the bench.
Ameobi had some fine individual moments for Bolton, but this victory was very much a team effort.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

63BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

64BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sat Feb 03 2018, 23:13

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Great result, pretty good performance.

The defence were immense, especially Dervite and Wheater. Full backs caused a lot of problems for Bristol City.

Henry and Derik did their jobs very well.

I thought we improved dramatically when Clough came on, for a start Vela stopped flicking it on to Madine which is all he's done for the last few months.

If we keep winning our home games we'll be fine.

You just wont admit your wrong, no mention of Ameobe yet everyone else thought he was superb, but a mention for Derick who was the only disappointment on the night.

65BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 08:24

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

How was he a disappointment? He worked hard and carried Henry who looked tired

66BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 09:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:You just wont admit your wrong, no mention of Ameobe yet everyone else thought he was superb, but a mention for Derick who was the only disappointment on the night.

Ha ha, you say nothing for 6 or 7 games then Ameobi finally plays well and "I was wrong".

He is doing exactly what I said he would. Anonymous for 90% of the time.

As for Derik, he played well against Bristol City, he helped stop a midfield that had made Man City look ordinary.

Get a grip wessy, you massive bellend.

67BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 11:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nats right about Ameobi. He drifts in and out of play, sometimes for the whole game. By the look of it, he still isn't fully fit, don't know why though. I did like how, when he was going no-stop, for him, on Friday, how well he and Zac linked up, Hopefully, if he's moved to the middle, and working with Zac, both he, and us, will benefit.

68BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 11:26

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

For the first 10/20 minutes or so, we were poor. We just hoofed the ball up, even though we had no Madine there to win the ball for us. However they soon realised it wasn't working and started playing it along the floor a lot more. I have said it before, we can play some decent football when we try to. There is no reason we shouldn't be mixing it up more. Also, for me the crowd played their role in this win. As soon as they started to make noise, the team turned it up a gear.

69BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 11:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think your right LT, the crowd are more that happy to join in, as long as that spark from the team is there.

70BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The noise was me booing Twatface.

71BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 12:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

That's good enough for me, if it does the trick.  Very Happy

72BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 17:50

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Nats right about Ameobi. He drifts in and out of play, sometimes for the whole game. By the look of it, he still isn't fully fit, don't know why though. I did like how, when he was going no-stop, for him, on Friday, how well he and Zac linked up, Hopefully, if he's moved to the middle, and working with Zac, both he, and us, will benefit.

No shes not every game winner drifts in and out of a game. that's the point Ameobe may do nothing but he is more capable of doing the unexpected

Players like Greaves and Law went for long periods of doing nothing then bang its in the net. at this level Ameobe gives us something different even when hes not playing well.

73BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 17:54

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:You just wont admit your wrong, no mention of Ameobe yet everyone else thought he was superb, but a mention for Derick who was the only disappointment on the night.

Ha ha, you say nothing for 6 or 7 games then Ameobi finally plays well and "I was wrong".

He is doing exactly what I said he would. Anonymous for 90% of the time.

As for Derik, he played well against Bristol City, he helped stop a midfield that had made Man City look ordinary.

Get a grip wessy, you massive bellend.

He was missing for large parts of the game, so much so that the manager needs to point out to fans that we are not capable of seeing what he did, now that's laughable. Its about opinion for me Ameobe can play and make a real difference Derik just can't do that.
ALSO the Bolton news comments after the game the only negative comment was that Derik had a poor game several fans made the same point, whilst EVERY fan said that Ameobe was outstanding. Only a brainless idiot would see it any other way based on Friday evening.

74BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to agree with Wessy. He almost scored a cracker in the first half,all of his own making,but couldn't quite get enough curl on the ball.
His goal was all about confidence. It would have been so easy to pass the buck,and put it out wide,but he backed himself,and rightly so.
He's no Messi,but at this level,he gives us that little extra,and that could be the difference between staying up,or going down

75BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:He was missing for large parts of the game, so much so that the manager needs to point out to fans that we are not capable of seeing what he did, now that's laughable. Its about opinion for me Ameobe can play and make a real difference Derik just can't do that.
ALSO the Bolton news comments after the game the only negative comment was that Derik had a poor game several fans made the same point, whilst EVERY fan said that Ameobe was outstanding. Only a brainless idiot would see it any other way based on Friday evening.

You missed my point again you massive gobshite.

I'm not debating Ameobi played well on Friday night, my point is that he only does it every 6 or 7 games. He's a slightly better version of Mavies.

As for Derik, we all know he is of limited ability, but Bobby Reid didn't have a sniff all night. I'll settle for that.

76BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:58

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Deriks distribution was god awful.  I thought Henry was better

77BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Mon Feb 05 2018, 16:25

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why do you have to be offensive.? just asking. See we disagree again i thought Bobby Reid was there best player by a distance.

Quotes from BEN
Excellent effort from the Wanderers, really looked like they wanted the three points more than Bristol. Have to say though that we are carrying Derik Osede, his contribution was nothing.

Agree about derik. Poor. Gone when his contract runs out. Pratley back will improve the side no end as will starting clough

at the match I find my eye following one player and last night it was Derik, and my verdict was that he created too much space in deeper midfield for Bristol, it seemed a lack of understanding of his midfield role, he also seemed slow in recovery, but that

78BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Mon Feb 05 2018, 17:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bellend is a term of affection, you gobshite.

Ameobi had a good game. He was terrible against Ipswich. And he'll be terrible against Fulham.

He didn't score a single goal in November, December or January.

He's good on his day, but his day in once every 3 months.

79BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Mon Feb 05 2018, 19:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thank you gobshite i accept your term of endearment.

Yes he flirts in and out, but i argue that at some point in most games he causes problems, most flair players drift in and out of games. Hope your wrong about the Fulham game if he plays at 50% of the Bristol game he will still be our best player.

80BWFC 1-0 Bristol City - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Bristol City Mon Feb 05 2018, 21:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We know he's not a 100% every game player. If he was then Newcastle would have kept him. As it is, its about trying to find a happy medium where he does more than the unexpected, and the team don't have to carry him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum