Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

QPR 2-0 BWFC

+16
y2johnny
Kane57
Reebok Trotter
Jizadine
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Growler
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61QPR 2-0 BWFC - Page 4 Empty Re: QPR 2-0 BWFC Sun Feb 18 2018, 12:13

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
The most likely outcome is that we'll stay up (not because we are any good but because there are three teams even worse than us!)

Current relegation odds on Betfair which is as accurate as anywhere as people's money is involved

Burton 1.22
Sunderland  1.5
Barnsley 1.94
Bolton 2.24
Birmingham 2.76
Hull 3.3
Reading 4

So although you are correct it is currently most likely we will stay up, one bad result for us and a Barnsley win will change it.Barnsley play Burton, Birmingham and Hull in the next 10 days followed by a "winnable" home game v Norwich

62QPR 2-0 BWFC - Page 4 Empty Re: QPR 2-0 BWFC Sun Feb 18 2018, 12:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:I think you've conveniently missed the point, if Ken has said we sign who he says we sign then that massively undermines Parkinson's position, and puts out a statement that he doesn't trust his managers judgement on player recruitment, looking at the bigger picture it could be the reason we don't see a lot of the likes of Karacan, ALF, and the likes, I mean he signed Charsley, Flanagan on deadline day and they've vanished into thin air, not the sign of good recruitment, but then were they signed by Parkinson?

Parkinson is an employee.

We have no idea on what terms he was employed (does his position involve signing the players he wants, or just to coach the players he's given - or something in between?) nor his personal relationship with Anderson.

Up to know he certainly seems to have the backing of Anderson and similarly he's not reported to have shown any petulance over the many difficult and continuing circumstances that he has faced.

It's easy for anyone to spend someone else's money to buy success but it's not always sustainable to do so.

Maybe he did want other players and maybe Anderson did say no to him - if so he wouldn't have been the first football manager to face that would he - should they all resign when that happens?

Maybe he never signed the likes of Alf, Karacan, Flanagan, etc at all - and that was Anderson's doing - with Parkinson's job just to make the best team from who he had available to him.

If so since October he found a successful way to do it.

Obviously with the last minute signing of Madine that's changed.

Maybe now he'll find another successful way to get the best from the squad he has and we will see more of the likes of Alf, Karacan, Flanagan, etc and keep us up - maybe he won't - time will tell.

Personally it is my guess based on how Anderson has kept tight financial control on any expenditure to the likes of HMRC, the caterers, the promotion bonuses to players that had left, etc that he certainly has never given Parkinson free reign over who he can bring into the club (the clubs biggest cost being the players wage bill) or let go - that's clearly down to Ken - agreed?

If so then it means Parkinson's job is to coach the players he's given. No doubt Parkinson can have a big input into signings or sales - but not the final say.

Seems a reasonable situation to me and despite everything we've done ok so far - don't you think?

63QPR 2-0 BWFC - Page 4 Empty Re: QPR 2-0 BWFC Sun Feb 18 2018, 12:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
The most likely outcome is that we'll stay up (not because we are any good but because there are three teams even worse than us!)

Current relegation odds on Betfair which is as accurate as anywhere as people's money is involved

Burton 1.22
Sunderland  1.5
Barnsley 1.94
Bolton 2.24
Birmingham 2.76
Hull 3.3
Reading 4

So although you are correct it is currently most likely we will stay up, one bad result for us and a Barnsley win will change it.Barnsley play Burton, Birmingham and Hull in the next 10 days followed by a "winnable" home game v Norwich

The bookmakers also said Leicester had no chance of winning the Premier League and made Owen Coyle the favourite to get us promoted at the first time of asking.

QPR beat us at their place, it's not the end of the world.

We'll probably lose more than what we win until the end of the season but so to will the other teams down there with us also.

Yes Barnsley have a easier run for their next few games but after that they have the likes of Cardiff, Middlesbrough and Bristol City.

All of us will have stretches of winnable games and loseable ones.

It's not a given that we will stay up but I fancy us to do so even if you don't.

64QPR 2-0 BWFC - Page 4 Empty Re: QPR 2-0 BWFC Sun Feb 18 2018, 13:20

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

PP had no input in the ALF, Karacan, Clough, Flanagan and Charsley deals. Two of those were Lee Anderson clients

65QPR 2-0 BWFC - Page 4 Empty Re: QPR 2-0 BWFC Sun Feb 18 2018, 13:48

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:Saint Ken did a marvellous job getting that much for someone probably in the top 5 worst strikers in our entire history, but he also shafted PP.

It's no surprise to hear whispers that PP wanted Wyke from Bradford, only to be told be Saint Ken that you're getting who I say you're getting.

If we go down then it'll 100% be on his shoulders and I wonder then whether Leeds Wanderer and the other mentally weak Kenneth lovers will be quite so keen on their man by that point.
Please leave my brothers name out of things. Thank you.

66QPR 2-0 BWFC - Page 4 Empty Re: QPR 2-0 BWFC Sun Feb 18 2018, 13:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Karacan(t) has been a disaster, signed on the strength of his scuffed goal against Peterborough.

67QPR 2-0 BWFC - Page 4 Empty Re: QPR 2-0 BWFC Sun Feb 18 2018, 14:09

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Karacan(t) has been a disaster, signed on the strength of his scuffed goal against Peterborough.
I believe you are wrong... Sordell was a disaster.  Karacan did score the first goal in our promotion game at Peterborough, but was brought in on a free transfer.  On the other hand, Marvin Anthony Sordell cost the club 3.6 million quid (or thereabouts), loaned to Charlton, and left on a free.  You might argue that we lost more on Elmander (10 million quid, but he finally found his shooting boots), or the 4.5 million quid given to David N'Gog or possibly Mario Jardel (1.5 million)... but none of those left homesick!  So I hope you balance the word disaster accordingly!  Very Happy

68QPR 2-0 BWFC - Page 4 Empty Re: QPR 2-0 BWFC Sun Feb 18 2018, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:I believe you are wrong

You really need to rethink that sentence.

I haven't given out an official death threat this year. Yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum