Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sebastien LeToux on his way to Bolton

+7
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
BWFCinPhila
Keegan
gloswhite
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi folks, this report is supposedly an exclusive for 'Fox Soccer' : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Makes me wonder if a certain Mr Holden is alerting us to potential targets. Good man !

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I was just about to post this - well done. His fans in Philly seem to think highly of him:

But definitely GL to Sebastian.... Our best player by far over the two years and wish you the best of luck in the Prem and watching you on Saturdays.

MOTHAFOOOOOOOOOOOCKA

My day officially ruined.........possible week if this is true.

We can double the original wages of these MLS players and still save a bundle! Let's hope they are as effective as Stu Holden but get injured far, far less!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

My pals in the Sons of Ben will not be pleased with this!

Sebastien Le Toux @SebastienLeToux 17 Jan
On a jet plane to England

Le Toux certainly fit in well in my neck of the woods. Hopefully he can contribute in the big leagues.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Is it too hard to actually sign a player who has prem experience and pass a bloody ball and not some random americans.

Who are half of these people we are linked with!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Is it too hard to actually sign a player who has prem experience and pass a bloody ball and not some random americans.

Who are half of these people we are linked with!

Couldn't agree more.

If Fat Sam was still in charge we'd have a big name signing from Spurs/City/Liverpool reserves and a couple of big name/big money loan signings. We'd then stay up.

Coyle out.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least this guys name rhymes with Pepe Le Pew.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A bit of news on both LeToux and Ream: -

Owen Coyle has confirmed that Bolton are taking the opportunity to have a look at Philadelphia Union striker Sebastien Le Toux.

"We have received good reports about Sebastien, so we thought we would give him an opportunity to come into the group," confirmed the Scot.

Regarding Ream:

"It is close but we need everything in place before we can announce it."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He takes a mean penalty though - he'd easily be our first choice PK taker if signed. He's mobile and shoots without being prompted so I'll keep open-minded on him.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see any harm in taking a look at him. With no budget to speak of and an objective/instruction to lower the salary bill I reckon OC can look at lower league players in this country and end up with a team of Pratleys or he can take advantage of Holden's contacts and our US tour/connections to see what's available.

Le Toux never really made it in France but he's got a decent record in the States so he may be better value than what's available over here - but we'll have to wait and see.

I wrote about this on another site in January and it looks like the US/Canada is our best bet in terms of possibly picking up a bargain - and it makes every business sense to use the connections we have. Let's face it - every promising player in Europe, Africa and Asia is already in the bag for the big budget clubs and we'd never get a look in - so US/Canada makes sense.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If Fat Sam was still in charge we'd have a big name signing from Spurs/City/Liverpool reserves and a couple of big name/big money loan signings. We'd then stay up.

The salaries that Fat Sam (and subsequent managers) paid out created the debt which is why we can't splash to save our asses this time.

Youri was paid a fortune, but at least we survived (just) that season.

I'm pretty confident OC has been told to slash the salary bill so if you 're razzed off with that the object of your ire should be the owners and not OC.

If he manages to keep us up with bargain basement buys I'll be well impressed.

The Miserable One

The Miserable One
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I just cant make rhyme nor reason with Coyle. The bigger clubs and I now include QPR are making signings of some significance eg:Onuha and we are getting excited about an American import who I have no knowledge of whatsoever.Ok Stuart Holden is a very very good player but that doesnt mean to say that every American/ Canadian should be looked at by Bolton. Coyle is really making a complete hash of every transfer window and we shouldnt be looking at a player for a weeks trial when thats the only time left in the window. As I have said before we have gone from riches to rags with Cinderella Coyle.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
The salaries that Fat Sam (and subsequent managers) paid out created the debt which is why we can't splash to save our asses this time.

I'm pretty confident OC has been told to slash the salary bill so if you 're razzed off with that the object of your ire should be the owners and not OC.

I don't go for this theory that Coyle has had no money to spend. Ok, not as much as Megson by any means but he's wasted £4m on Ngog, £2m on Wheater who he only plays when he's forced to, a couple of million on two donkeys from Burnley and millions in wages on the likes of Pratley & Petrov. Not to mention the big money loan signings who warm the bench.

Coyle out.

The Miserable One

The Miserable One
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

gloswhite wrote:Hi folks, this report is supposedly an exclusive for 'Fox Soccer' : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Makes me wonder if a certain Mr Holden is alerting us to potential targets. Good man !
What do you know about this one Glos. Is he good or another Coyle last minute panic

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFCinPhila seems to rate him.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Ray. Honestly don't know. The reports seem to show him in a good light, and nowadays there are some very good American players emerging. Seems to me like a calculated gamble, but for the money he could well turn out to be another Holden. He's certainly coming at a difficult time, and will no doubt have a baptism of fire. I'm hoping that OC doesn't let him sit on the bench too long 'acclimatising', nor throw him in too much, to soon, and not giving him a chance to get to grips properley. Not an easy path to follow considering our situation.Whoever is scouting for us in the States seems to have a good eye, so hopefully thngs will work out.

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Reebok Trotter wrote:BWFCinPhila seems to rate him.

He's well liked locally for sure. I'm more hesitant on Le Toux's ability to succeed at the English level than Ream, and I think it's wiser to see how things work in the short term the way OC is playing it. I think Ream absolutely can thrive.

What I do like about Le Toux is that he played and started all 34 of the Philly Union's matches, and led all of the MLS in minutes played. Durability, which is what would concern me with his size is obviously not an issue. 2010 and 2011 he's been one of the top 3 overall scorers.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what BWFCinPhila says I am starting to get a good feeling about Le Toux. Let's hope it comes off because we desperately need some new blood.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I don't go for this theory that Coyle has had no money to spend. Ok, not as much as Megson by any means but he's wasted £4m on Ngog, £2m on Wheater who he only plays when he's forced to, a couple of million on two donkeys from Burnley and millions in wages on the likes of Pratley & Petrov. Not to mention the big money loan signings who warm the bench.

Coyle out.

See what you're saying, but...

The market is pretty much stitched up these days and we are priced out in terms of established players whilst young players are already signed up to Manure et al so all that's left are loanees and "players with potential" - or Americans.

I don't understand the Petrov signing, but Pratley and N'Gog were both reasonably priced punts on players who might be able to come good - they haven't as yet but that was the gamble. And it is a gamble. I can't think of a single player of that age and in that price bracket who I could practically guarantee would be prem quality.

Mears and Eagles are squad players and not overpriced as far as I can tell.

The loanees is not a bad plan. Wilshere and Sturridge worked out fine so it was hoped that Kakuta and Boyata would too - but they didn't as yet (although Boyata looked OK at CB and should be given another chance there)

But in terms of actually buying players that can make the grade, it's an impossible market on (what appears to be) OCs budget. Either we look (like everyone else) at the lower leagues and hope to get an undiscovered talent (I think Grimmer will turn out to be a bargain for Fulham) or we go abroad and hope that the brich clubs have left a stone unturned.

Fact is that IF Boyata and Kakuta had worked out as well as Wilshere and Sturridge did, IF Pratley and N'Gog started to realise their potential and IF we hadn't had all those awful injuries, we'd be up the league and OC would be a genius.

Point is with the market the way it is and with every player claiming to be worth a fortune OC has no choice but to take a gamble on promising players - and so far he hasn't been repaid for the confidence he has shown in them.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not sure if this means he hasn't doen enough in his trial to impress but he is back home apparantly.

I spent a great week at BWFC.Great club with great people.Now back in Philly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum