Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aaron Wilbraham talks about fans' criticism at Bolton

+2
Sluffy
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aaron Wilbraham hopes to start winning over Wanderers’ supporters after netting a priceless injury-time equaliser at Sheffield Wednesday.

The veteran striker headed home Fil Morais’s cross in the 93rd minute to rescue a result at Hillsborough, and extend the Whites’ advantage over the bottom three to six points with nine games to play.

Hounded by sections of the Bolton fan-base as he struggled to gain traction following his move from Bristol City last summer, the 38-year-old says he is not bitter about the criticism he has received.

“At any club I have been at, I’ve never been popular at first. But I have ended up popular,” he told The Bolton News. “I think the fans just need a chance to get to know me.

“You can never please everyone but being a target man who’s not the quickest, you’ll always get stick. If I was 18 or 19 it might bother me a bit. But I’m 38 and I have been around the block. And I have been booed by a lot more people.

“But while it doesn’t get to me, to hear them singing my name at the end was brilliant because I haven’t had that relationship with them yet. It was class to hear.”

Wanderers fans had dubbed the target man “Wilbrahimovic” in a tongue-in-cheek reference to the Manchester United striker.

Midfielder Jeff King sent a picture of a Bolton fan wearing a shirt emblazoned with the name prior to kick-off – giving Wilbraham a pre-match pick-me-up.

“It gave me a giggle,” he said. “So thanks to whoever bought that. It was a nice little boost.”

Wilbraham missed the whole of pre-season through injury and admits he arrived at Wanderers still playing catch-up.

“When I came in and played at Crewe, my first impression for Bolton was when I was nowhere near my best,” he said. “It’s the only way you’ll get fit, playing games, but that’s where I was at.

“I knew I was coming in to back-up Gaz (Madine). But when Gaz got his move to Cardiff I knew I had to get stronger, be more ready.”

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fair play to Aaron.

Pleased for him that he got the goal.

It's not his fault the club signed him, not his fault they sold Madine and left him as the only realistic target man at the club, not his fault we failed to sign anyone to replace Madine in the transfer window and not his fault he's picked in the team - so why have so many got on his back up to now?

Apparently he gives of his best on the pitch and is highly regarded by the staff and players off it.

Hope he goes on to leading us to staying up this season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been pretty shit when he has played. He shouldn't be immune from abuse just because he's 38.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done for the goal but he is still an ageing carthorse.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its a good job nobody can see any of us at work. 
I bet we would come in for some real criticism. As it is we can all remain hidden, and perfect in everything we do and say.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Its a good job nobody can see any of us at work. 
I bet we would come in for some real criticism. As it is we can all remain hidden, and perfect in everything we do and say.

Speak for yourself, I am the ultimate professional.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Its a good job nobody can see any of us at work. 

Speak for yourself, I am the ultimate professional tit head.
Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Childish.

I will rise above it. You massive bellend.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll have you know i'm the best bad pan washer this side of the Pennines  :number1:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was so good I had to retire in order to let others have a go.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Childish.

I will rise above it. You massive bellend.
Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've always backed Wilbraham and Buckley,as anyone on chatbox will confirm.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I've always backed Wilbraham and Buckley,as anyone on chatbox will confirm.
Laughing

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

So does Martin too -

Martin posted on Wways just half an hour before kick off on Saturday wrote:Can't understand why Wilbraham takes a bench place when there's better options.

Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:So does Martin too -

Martin posted on Wways just half an hour before kick off on Saturday wrote:Can't understand why Wilbraham takes a bench place when there's better options.

Very Happy
Martin you bitch.

I feel cheated on after seeing that you have posted elsewhere! Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum