Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Season - Assuming we are in the Championship again.

+7
wessy
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
observer
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You all missed Osede a banker to go.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fooking hell, we are screwed.

Amos, Buckley, Noone & Darby for another season after this one. Which fuckwit agreed to those contracts?
I guess we need a thread to name the worst deals in the past 10 years and who was responsible for those deals.  Should be interesting reading.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I doubt there'll be money to spend seeing as Ken had to sell Madine to have a chance of breaking even this year, so unless we cash in something else to generate funds or get a new owner I can't see where the dosh would come from other than Championship income.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have to get Amos off the books for one. he's still on massive money. I would maybe resign Pratley if he was willing to reduce his wages so something more realistic and manageable.
Let Howard go as well and let Turner step up as no2 keeper. Dervite, Taylor (at long last) and Karacan will probably go as well. If you take all those out and the loans we won't have much left.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:

Amos, Buckley, Noone & Darby for another season after this one. Which fuckwit agreed to those contracts?
I guess we need a thread to name the worst deals in the past 10 years and who was responsible for those deals.  Should be interesting reading.
The unfortunate thing is that most of the players contracted until 2019 aren't playing regularly and in many cases probably aren't up to Championship standard. Not even sure they would form the basis of a team that would get us back out of League 1 if we go down.
If the club is still a way off breaking even without further sales of assets it looks like most of the wheeling and dealing in the summer will be trying to retain the players we want to keep and hoping we can dump some of the dead weight in order to bring in more loanees and freebies.
That scenario underlines the importance of staying up because although we would be facing another season of survival struggle at least we'd have a better chance of finding a buyer that would meet Anderson's (stringent) criteria which may in turn open the door to some proper investment in the team if the new owners had any ambition.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lennon for the first and Parky for the last three.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MUST KEEP - Ameobi, Alnwick.
1 YEAR EXTENSION - Henry & hopefully Kirchoff.
RELEASE/SELL - Pratley, Wilbraham, Taylor
BUY - Goalscorer/Targetman, Central Defender, two wingers

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully some foolish club will pay money for Ameobi, I'd like to see him line up against us next season.

Boggersbelief wrote:MUST KEEP - Ameobi, Alnwick.
1 YEAR EXTENSION - Henry & hopefully Kirchoff.
RELEASE/SELL - Pratley, Wilbraham, Taylor
BUY - Goalscorer/Targetman, Central Defender, two wingers

Yep bang on.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've somehow pulled together a squad of rejects, journeymen and loanees that may just about survive in the Championship this year, all within a transfer embargo and without any investment from the owner. 
Some have been successful enough to hold down a place in the team but, as alluded to above, for the most part they aren't what we'd really like.
That said, if we don't get some serious financial backing, we'll be fishing in the same pond again and maybe, just maybe, this lot are the best we can hope for in the current situation which begs the question who we might get to replace the ones we let go? Perhaps we've already got the best players available within our budget?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bottom line is without some new financial input there's nowt can be done. At best it's another season of struggle.
Ken said he is not looking at any potential offers till after the season (which I have never believed of course). So in theory in the space of the two month summer off we will be sold and be provided untold millions to spend ..... somehow I can't see it.
As for the players ...who with any Championship quality would want to come to us ....
It's a vicious circle at the moment....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Bottom line is without some new financial input there's nowt can be done. At best it's another season of struggle.
Ken said he is not looking at any potential offers till after the season (which I have never believed of course). So in theory in the space of the two month summer off we will be sold and be provided untold millions to spend ..... somehow I can't see it.
As for the players ...who with any Championship quality would want to come to us ....
It's a vicious circle at the moment....

You really are a negative nincompoop. Life must be a barrel of laughs in your house.

Remind us, which decade did you last go to a match?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum