Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Politicising the World Cup

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Politicising the World Cup Empty Politicising the World Cup Thu Mar 15 2018, 11:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mayday is calling for England to pull out of the World Cup and I reckon it's an appalling move. I appreciate that she's in a lather about the double agent getting topped on British soil and she can get great political capital by complaining about it, but the reality is that we can't hurt Russia economically (God knows what would happen if they turned off our gas supply!)  or militarily (they'd whup our ass) so now she wants to drag sport into her personal political campaign. 
Not that England withdrawing from the World Cup to be replaced by the next team up would make the slightest difference to Russia. 
Not that MI6 haven't topped spies in foreign countries - like forever.
No, this about being seen to be outraged and she doesn't mind using the World Cup as a political football, so to speak, and football is already mired in a battle against politicising sport (Blatter and Qatar for example) so it''s the last thing we need. IMO.
Anyone think there's any point on withdrawing?

2Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Thu Mar 15 2018, 11:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Other than politcal posturing,there's really no point. I'd be more impressed if they stopped doing deals with the UAE.
That won't happen.

3Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Thu Mar 15 2018, 13:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Posturing" is exactly the right word.

4Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Thu Mar 15 2018, 13:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Other than politcal posturing,there's really no point. I'd be more impressed if they stopped doing deals with the UAE.
That won't happen.

:agree:

5Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Thu Mar 15 2018, 13:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It isn't going to make a blind bit of difference whether the England team go to the World Cup or not. Russia should never have been given the honour in the first place. That bent bastard Blatter was taking backhanders left right and centre.

6Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Sun Mar 18 2018, 23:40

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I'd rather they didn't go rather than us face embarrassment once again.

7Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RustyNail wrote:I'd rather they didn't go rather than us face embarrassment once again.
Worried about the team being shown up or the fans getting battered?

8Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 13:00

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Both!

9Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 14:00

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Withdraw.

10Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 14:08

What difference would withdrawing make? Not as if we’re on of the main attractions at the tournament is it, nobody would give a shit.

11Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 15:31

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The difference is fuck the gangster state .

12Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 15:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:What difference would withdrawing make? Not as if we’re on of the main attractions at the tournament is it, nobody would give a shit.
I don't give a shit anyway. The World Cup bores the arse off me.

13Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 15:44

Angry Dad wrote:The difference is fuck the gangster state .
How is our average football team not going fucking them?

14Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 15:45

boltonbonce wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:What difference would withdrawing make? Not as if we’re on of the main attractions at the tournament is it, nobody would give a shit.

You’re missing out Bonce I love a World Cup, just need a glimmer of hope to get me dreaming.

15Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Mon Mar 19 2018, 15:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

You’re missing out Bonce I love a World Cup, just need a glimmer of hope to get me dreaming.
Politicising the World Cup Betting-e-england-england-slips-flags-shirts-recycling-daytomorrow-meme-7997412

16Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Wed Mar 21 2018, 16:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Austin and Boris have been saying that Putin will use the World Cup as a PR campaign like Hitler's Olympics

All the more reason to turn up and spoil the show just like Jesse Owens did. 
It would be great if Russia went out in the group stages, but with Egypt (with Salah), Saudi Arabia (without a manager) and Uruguay (with Suarez) in their group there's not much chance of that I'd have thought. But they're likely to get Argentina or Croatia if they get through.

17Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Wed Mar 21 2018, 16:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris v Putin should be good.
Politicising the World Cup 263589_1Politicising the World Cup Boris%20Johnson%20on%20CS2%20extension%20Nov%202013%20%28source%20MayorofLondon%20on%20Twitter%29

18Politicising the World Cup Empty Re: Politicising the World Cup Fri Mar 23 2018, 08:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we having a sweep? I won the last one. cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum