Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothes and labels

+8
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
Dunkels King
largehat
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clothes and labels Empty Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 00:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If I like a piece of clothing, I think it will get worn and the price is right, I will buy it without consideration of who paid malnourished people in Asia to make it and slap their label on it.

But I'm more likely these days to buy something Nike or Adidas than I used to be. Back when I was on EMA, it was Lonsdale, Slazenger, Everlast or nothing.
It isn't the labels I like - Adidas and Nike make some genuinely good clothes that the cheaper alternative brands can't match.

Are you particular about the clothes you wear and their labels?

2Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 00:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back in my younger days I was all about the labels, now I buy few labelled clothes and I am not fussed if it has a label or not. As long as I like the look of it, I'll have it.

3Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 00:10

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Only to a small extent am I concerned with labels.

I don't buy clothes very often, maybe twice a year. I hate clothes shopping. When I in the US I go mad, my suitcase is practically empty on the way out and I fill it up. I'm a big bloke and it's a lot cheaper over there and easier to find stuff that fits. Last time I came home with 5 pairs of trainers for example. I wear size 17 UK trainers, size 18 shoes.

I like Adidas and Tommy Hilfiger and some of the urban brands like Ecko. I would never pay more than about twenty quid for a t-shirt or thirty five quid for a polo-neck shirt. I just feel ripped off paying more than that.

I buy boxer shorts and socks from Asda and I would buy the t-shirts but they are really poor quality, thin material, and they look cheap.

I have an Atari t-shirt from Asda and a Star Wars t-shirt from Tesco but I bought these because I sometimes like geeky t-shirts and they were cheap.

I'm not really a fashion or clothes person though, there are simply far more things I prefer to spend money on.

4Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 11:18

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It used to be labels for me when I was younger. Ben Sherman, Henry Lloyd, Ralph Lauren etc, but now living in Germany I will buy any old shit as the locals look like 70s/80s rejects anyway so you can get away with wearing absolute crap.

5Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 12:17

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm big in to my casual terrace brands - not because im a Neanderthal thug - im not, I just like the whole terrace fashion thing.

I spend a lot of money on clothes, my favourite brands are Addidas Originals, Weekend offender (BIG on the terrace's at the moment) Pretty Green, henleys, Bench, Stone Island (not coats, but some of the cardies and jumpers are pretty damn nice) Lyle and Scott, Barbour (yes, I own a Barbour jacket :/ ) Henri Lloyd, Slazenger and Original Penguin.

I ONLY ever wear either penguin originals, toms or Adidas originals trainers on my feet.

I buy socks and boxers from Primark...

I pay a lot of attention to what is 'in' on the terraces at the moment, I'm also influenced fashion wise by people like mike Skinner, Liam Gallagher and Ian brown.

I spend a lot of my working week in shirts, Ties and suit jackets, so its nice to 'dress up' of a weekend - I love clothes and football, so dress accordingly.

nothing pretentious, its just 'me' Smile

I do a lot of my shopping on-line as its easier - including my asda shopping. this is a place i buy a lot of stuff from, if you want to look good stood on the terraces (or stood in front of your seat these days) you cant go wrong with this place...

http://www.terracesmenswear.co.uk/

Last edited by Reebok_Rebel on Thu Aug 16 2012, 12:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a link to a shop...)

6Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 12:18

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Shoes are my thing mainly 60's style winklepickers and chisels , i get them online from Robert Burnside 1960 cost about £160 a pop but you cant get better.I do get cheaper brand's like Fly of london - Red or Dead- Ask the Missus- Frank Wright-voeut and Hudson. I have more shoes than my wife at the last count she had 41 and i had 53 . I am 6-2 but lucky enough to have size 9 or 10 depending on the make so i can get what i want. If i have a job to do i use plain black reeboks for better movement.

7Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 12:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've never been one for branded clothing to be honest, when I was in secondary school the main thing there was having rockport shoes/boots but that's the only trend I have ever tried to follow in all honesty.

I'm a bit like LH on the thing regarding america, I find the outlets to be great for filling your case with clothes on at a good price, I bought a pair of timberland back in 2007 and they still are as good as new now.

8Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 12:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

further to my above essay (post) I'm loving some of the stuff these lot are coming out with at the Min...

http://weekendoffender.com/

9Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 13:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

George

Burton

Angelo Litrico

Canda

C&A

10Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Thu Aug 16 2012, 14:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brands don't fuss me tbh.

I love the John Wall Reeboks though.

11Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Fri Aug 17 2012, 01:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:Only to a small extent am I concerned with labels.

I don't buy clothes very often, maybe twice a year. I hate clothes shopping. When I in the US I go mad, my suitcase is practically empty on the way out and I fill it up. I'm a big bloke and it's a lot cheaper over there and easier to find stuff that fits. Last time I came home with 5 pairs of trainers for example. I wear size 17 UK trainers, size 18 shoes.

I like Adidas and Tommy Hilfiger and some of the urban brands like Ecko. I would never pay more than about twenty quid for a t-shirt or thirty five quid for a polo-neck shirt. I just feel ripped off paying more than that.

I buy boxer shorts and socks from Asda and I would buy the t-shirts but they are really poor quality, thin material, and they look cheap.

I have an Atari t-shirt from Asda and a Star Wars t-shirt from Tesco but I bought these because I sometimes like geeky t-shirts and they were cheap.

I'm not really a fashion or clothes person though, there are simply far more things I prefer to spend money on.
size 18 LH that's big man, how tall are you? If its not too personal what's your weight? I'm 6-2 and 16st 3 pounds my 14 year old is 6 ft and takes a size 12 which I thought was big. 2 to 3 sizes bigger than me but he only weighs about 10 st at the moment .

12Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Fri Aug 17 2012, 02:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:size 18 LH that's big man, how tall are you? If its not too personal what's your weight? I'm 6-2 and 16st 3 pounds my 14 year old is 6 ft and takes a size 12 which I thought was big. 2 to 3 sizes bigger than me but he only weighs about 10 st at the moment .

I was in size 13 shoes when I was in primary school, I've got the feet of a 7 foot basketball player. Thankfully, they slowed down a bit.

I'm just under 6'4. I have a 22 inch neck, 52 inch chest, don't know my weight to be honest, but I have a massive frame and am overweight, so I am much heavier than you AD.

13Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Fri Aug 17 2012, 09:26

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always buy Levi 501 jeans. Got various colours. They fit well round the nads and the button fly goes easy on yer owd lad when you've had a few sherberts. BTW I think what jeans you wear make the man, IMO, and guess what, it has to be Levi's. I'll collect my commission later! Very Happy

14Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Fri Aug 17 2012, 10:11

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

nooooo!

Levis 501 are so last decade Rolling Eyes

you want slim fit jeans or chinos...

15Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Fri Aug 17 2012, 11:54

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I like my Tretorn trainer, most are slip ons as I can not be arse with laces (lazy I know)

I like One true saxon coats and t-shirts, lyle polo shirts are quite nice. Jeans are slim fit Replay they are damn nice jeans that last.

16Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Fri Aug 17 2012, 12:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:nooooo!

Shocked

17Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Fri Aug 17 2012, 12:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WhiteBic wrote:I like my Tretorn trainer, most are slip ons as I can not be arse with laces (lazy I know)

I like One true saxon coats and t-shirts, lyle polo shirts are quite nice. Jeans are slim fit Replay they are damn nice jeans that last.

good lad...

18Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:22

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:nooooo!

That's your opinion, I posted mine.

Sorry, I don't do jeans that let my arse end hang out that some wear!! Slimfits don't go well with the ageing process either.

19Clothes and labels Empty Re: Clothes and labels Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I wear size 17 UK trainers, size 18 shoes.

Clothes and labels SF-clown-shoe-dude

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum