Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Gardening

Gardening

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gardening Empty Gardening on Mon Apr 23 2018, 15:58

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Just sorting out the garden finding it very theraputic but i have a problem i got a Giant Hogweed at the bottom bit of the garden where i throw all the cuttings grass plants trees bushes. It's about 12 feet tall and very wide and ugly i slashed at it with a machete and the juice squirted out and it burns. It is the heat i reckon and an old boy neighbour says we should report it to the local council as they are dangerous and will spread quite fast, anyone had one in their garden?

2Gardening Empty Re: Gardening on Tue Apr 24 2018, 12:13

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
If it's Japanese hogweed then you do need to report it to the council as its very invasive . If its ordinary hogweed, then just slash it and put some Round Up on it. How do you tell the difference? I haven't a clue- ask Monty Don

3Gardening Empty Re: Gardening on Tue Apr 24 2018, 12:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Do you not mean Japanese knotweed Rammy? scratch

4Gardening Empty Re: Gardening on Tue Apr 24 2018, 12:18

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@karlypants wrote:Do you not mean Japanese knotweed Rammy? scratch

Probably!!

I've got  a gardener who does my garden every fortnight- charges me £20 the thieving bastard

5Gardening Empty Re: Gardening on Tue Apr 24 2018, 13:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Giant Hogweed (Heracleum Mantegazzianum) imported in the 1800's by the gentry for their gardens grows upwards of twenty feet highly toxic causes severe burns grows by river banks which is where this one is. I booked a firm to come and clear the area but there may be some more further up the banks. The most dangerous plant in britain so it says, Bugger.

6Gardening Empty Re: Gardening on Wed Apr 25 2018, 16:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7Gardening Empty Re: Gardening on Wed Apr 25 2018, 19:04

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Let's hope it is Giant Hogweed then, although I am sure AD can tell the difference.

8Gardening Empty Re: Gardening on Wed Apr 25 2018, 20:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTuJQL8GBqY      It's a Giant Hogweed alright apparently we were warned years ago by these boys.

9Gardening Empty Re: Gardening on Wed Apr 25 2018, 20:13

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Angry Dad wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTuJQL8GBqY      It's a Giant Hogweed alright apparently we were warned years ago by these boys.

Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum