Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporter to fulfill his Aaron Wilbraham tattoo pledge

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Supporter Mark Yates will certainly be careful about what he tweets from now on after his pre-match promise came back to haunt him following Aaron Wilbraham's late winner versus Nottingham Forest on Sunday afternoon.

Prior to the Whites’ clash with Reds last weekend, the 25-year-old season ticket-holder pledged on his Twitter account that if the veteran striker scored the goal which kept Phil Parkinson’s men in the Sky Bet Championship, he would get a tattoo of our No.18’s face on his leg.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And following the forward’s dramatic heroics at Macron Stadium, Mark has now confirmed that he will follow through with his claim, with the inking set to take place early next week at Dave T's House of Tattoos.

Speaking about the situation meanwhile, he said, “It was one moment of madness – I was there, thinking I was a bit clever, putting that promise on Twitter, and it’s just come to fruition!

“I saw the teamsheet when it was released and my friend said to my son, “If Wilbraham scores the winner to keep us in the Championship, your Dad is getting his face tattooed on his back.”

“I turned around to him and said jokingly said, “Alright, I’ll put it on Twitter but I’m not going to get it on my back – I’ll do it on my leg!”

“I actually felt as though it was going to happen all game though – he had the one goal disallowed for offside and we were all delirious then.

“In the second half, there was five goals but I genuinely cannot remember anything that happened after our winner at all!

“My phone nearly blew up though with messages and everybody around me in the stands was just laughing at me.”

Mark has even had a number of the club’s first team squad showing their support since the game, with him adding, “David Wheater has since called me out on it on his live chat and then on his Instagram, while Mark Little has also said that he can’t wait to see the final result of it!

“I have to do it now, seeing as they’ve both said it! It’s actually my first tattoo too so it’s certainly going to be one to remember.

“I’m a little bit nervous and excited, but it’s all in good fun. My family have just laughed at me to be honest – both my sisters are loving it and I said to my Mum, “I told you I’d make it one day!”

He continued: “I still don’t think it’s really sunk in yet – I never expected to go viral with this, that’s for sure. My son has been laughing at me and I know I’ll certainly get some stick from my workmates.

“I’ve even had Aaron’s family members messaging me on Twitter, saying that I definitely need to get it done and I’m sure Alby will enjoy the pain that I’ll be going through, for doubting him if anything!

“He’s gone down in the Bolton Wanderers history books, that’s for sure. I don’t think we’ve ever had an escape like that before, but he definitely made himself a hero and made everybody smile in the stadium.

“I’ll never forget the game anyway, that’s for sure - I’ll have a permanent reminder of it!”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a prat. I got the tattoo of wilbs even before he signed for us.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had Nat's face tattooed on my arse.

My arse doesn't look any different.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He looks familiar, i think he sits in the East Lower  Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I had Nat's face tattooed on my arse.

Watch out for that death threat Boncey  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You must have a beautiful arse.

(I never thought I'd type that to Bonce).

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You must have a beautiful arse.

(I never thought I'd type that to Bonce).
Right,I'm off for a lie down. After taking a screen shot. Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum