Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is official that Owen Coyle is worse than Megson!

+10
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Michael Bolton
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Here are the stats of both managers for all league games as Bolton manager:

Gary Megson's league record at Bolton read:

85 games in charge, won 23, drew 22, lost 40. Total points = 91 points, av points per game = 1.07. Lost 47% of all league games. Relegations = 0.

Owen Coyle's league record at Bolton reads:

97 games in charge, won 28 drew 19 lost 50. Total points = 103 points, av points per game = 1.06. Lost 51% of all league games. Relegations = 1.

It is actually official, Owen Coyle is worse than Gary Megson in terms of results. Does that surprise you? Was Gary Megson actually a better manager than Coyle?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Gary Megson spunked away over 30M of the owner's money, alienated the fan base, deliberately got us kicked out of Europe and lost the dressing room completely.

So you can look at whatever stats you want, I'm glad Gary Megson isn't manager and that he got put on garden leave when he was.

Megson or Coyle? It's like choosing between gonorrhoea and syphilis.

Lets face it the extra games Coyle has had is more of a disadvantage than anything, Megson would of taken us down that season and ended up with far worse than 1.07 points per game. Plus as LH said he had money to spend.

Coyle must of lost the dressing room? If he was your boss would you take him or his staff seriously?

To say Megson deliberately got us kicked out of Europe isn't really the truth. The team he picked against Sporting was a better side than the one he picked against Bayern. He came in that season to do a job and he did it. Europe was a wonderful distraction. Coyle wouldn't have got a result against Bayern,Athletico, Belgrade or Sporting.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OneOinCoyle wrote:To say Megson deliberately got us kicked out of Europe isn't really the truth. The team he picked against Sporting was a better side than the one he picked against Bayern. He came in that season to do a job and he did it. Europe was a wonderful distraction. Coyle wouldn't have got a result against Bayern,Athletico, Belgrade or Sporting.

He deliberately fielded a shit team, much like Saint Sam used to do in the domestic cup competitions. Then when we went out of Europe, we lost against 10 man Wigan the following weekend. I call that deliberately getting chucked out of Europe. In an interview last year Megson claimed he was following instructions to do just that. So I stand by my position on that.

As for what Coyle would or wouldn't have done, at least he has tried to do well in cup competitions, SF and QF of the FA Cup in his two seasons, so you're pissing in the wind as far as I am concerned in asserting that Coyle wouldn't have got any results in Europe. We don't know what Coyle would or wouldn't have done.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:It's like choosing between gonorrhoea and syphilis.

Which did you have?

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Which did you have?

Whichever you gave me

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Which did you have?

Whichever you gave me

lol!

bwfc1874 wrote:

Whichever you gave me

lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:To say Megson deliberately got us kicked out of Europe isn't really the truth.

I will never, ever forgive Megson for fielding that shit team at Sporting. A part of me died that day in football terms and I've never felt quite the same about BWFC because of it.

I don't understand slogging your guts out to finish high enough in the PL to qualify for Europe, then do the same again to get through the group stages, then throw it all away when you're in the knock-out stages and three or four games from winning a fucking European trophy!

The worst decision in our history.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
OneOinCoyle wrote:To say Megson deliberately got us kicked out of Europe isn't really the truth.

I will never, ever forgive Megson for fielding that shit team at Sporting. A part of me died that day in football terms and I've never felt quite the same about BWFC because of it.

I don't understand slogging your guts out to finish high enough in the PL to qualify for Europe, then do the same again to get through the group stages, then throw it all away when you're in the knock-out stages and three or four games from winning a fucking European trophy!

The worst decision in our history.

The thing is though Nat, all clubs do that nowadays. Last season Spurs didn't take the competition seriously at all. United and City were in that competition after being knocked out of the champions league and both fielded weakened teams in it. Megson is no different to many, many other managers in fielding weakened teams in Europe. The fact is that we were in a relegation battle and we did stay up. Did we really need more and more games in Europe at that time? No. I for one don't blame Megson for fielding weakened teams in Europe - I am sure he did field weakened teams at Bayern and against Atletico and we got results against them. No one complained then. I think people wrongly got on Megson's case for that.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

The thing is though Nat, all clubs do that nowadays. Last season Spurs didn't take the competition seriously at all. United and City were in that competition after being knocked out of the champions league and both fielded weakened teams in it. Megson is no different to many, many other managers in fielding weakened teams in Europe. The fact is that we were in a relegation battle and we did stay up. Did we really need more and more games in Europe at that time? No. I for one don't blame Megson for fielding weakened teams in Europe - I am sure he did field weakened teams at Bayern and against Atletico and we got results against them. No one complained then. I think people wrongly got on Megson's case for that.

But Spurs, United & City have other priorities, the UEFA Cup is meaningless to them. But for Bolton it was the prize for finishing so high in the league, to piss it away without a fight was shameful in my opinion.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well since one spent about five times the amount of money the other spent, AND inherited a team playing in Europe, this comparison is ridiculous.

Not sticking up for Coyle but Megson is the dictionary definition of a shit manager, fired from his 'home' league 1 club Sheffield Wednesday before a season - thats how shit he is.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Make what you will of statistics.

I gave up caring when Megson was manager. That hasn't happened under Coyle, yet.

I also like that Coyle doesn't blame me for the team that he bought and picks being shit.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote: he doesn't blame me for the team that he bought and picks being shit.

Very Happy

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Even after games we'd won, Megson couldn't resist quietly alluding to what he was up against in terms of the fans - or as he liked to call us, 'that lot'.

What I find ridiculous is this idea (mainly from other clubs' supporters) that 'at least Megson didn't get you relegated', considering we finished last season on just one point less than in 2007/2008 - ya know the one when Megson came in after we'd 'made the worst ever start to a season in sporting history' and kept us up! That's not even bringing the difference in resources into it, and the likelihood that had a change not been made when it was, we'd have found ourselves relegated as many as two seasons sooner.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton as a club threw Europe, we didn't want to progress for whatever reason - gartside would have had something to do with this.

'we need to concentrate on the league' was the reason given...

our 'strong, fit and refreshed' squad... then went to the Wigan rugby ground and played against 10 men for 85 mins...

and still lost. Twisted Evil

that really really pissed me off....

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I also worry that we are now below derby...

its in our hands though, coyle has 48 hours to sort that shit out...

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Which did you have?

Whichever you gave me

lol!
Thats got to be the most annoying picture of coyle so far LH What a Face

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:Thats got to be the most annoying picture of coyle so far LH What a Face

Lets hope for 3 points tomorrow night... a big shit-eating grin will re-appear Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum