Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The one that got away?

+8
TheHateCamel
Lyric Todkill
Keegan
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:26

I was shopping with the missus at the Middlebrook this afternoon when I literally bumped into a girl (well, she was a woman now) I really had the hots for 20 years ago when I was at school. She totally blanked me, but in truth I'm not the guy I was 20 years ago. Well, not the bits that count anyway.

However, even 20-odd years later, just saying the name 'Sharon Botley' brings back memories of being in love at secondary scool when I was 14 or 15. For a whole year I pursued this girl, dashing down the street to give her a huge padded Valentine card, waiting for her after school to follow her at a discreet distance, carving her name into my desk, and many more love-struck things.

But the most annoying thing about the whole saga was I never had the courage to ask her out. Like I say, I loved her from a distance for at least a year and she definitely knew I existed. Anyway, she eventually started dating my nemesis Phillip Horton. I found out just before we left school at 16 that she'd waited 6 months for me to ask her out, and only dated Phil when she got pissed off waiting for me.

So Sharon was definitely the one that got away for me, does anyone else have experience of missing out on some hot young thing?

2The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This one girl, now woman, and she was my next door neighbour - We were both 20. It was a relatively new housing estate on the Bolton/Bury boundaryand never seen her before as she had spent 6 months in London in which during that time rest of her family had moved . Long story short - I was a quiet person and basically become much a hermit over something else that had happened s few months earlier. Made a fool of myself a couple of times - especially when parents went away such as drinking a whole bottle of Bells one night and was so drunk and hanging out my bedroom window - but never asked her out - my regrets. :-(

3The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:38

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why do we do that Passi - like someone but never ask them out and never know what would happen?

I actually met up with this woman who I knew from about 10 years ago just recently. We went for coffee in a nice coffee shop and chatted for a couple of hours. She was lovely. I did manage to tell her towards the end that I thought she was really cool and liked her. But sadly she didn't respond in a way I hoped. But rejection didn't hurt, it was a bit awkward for a minute but I don't regret making it known I liked her. It is silly to not ask if you like someone, the positives will outweigh the negatives.

4The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:42

Michael Bolton wrote:Why do we do that Passi - like someone but never ask them out and never know what would happen?

It's the million dollar question MB, it really is.

I used to have a friend when I was in my twenties who would ask anyone he even slightly fancied out. He was 5ft3 and chubby but had the gift of the gab. He'd walk up to these stunners in pubs and clubs and within 15 minutes was asking them out. 99 times out of 100 he'd get rejected but he didn't care, because 1 time out of a 100 he'd get a 'yes' and go on a date with a total babe. I wish I could have been like that.

I have only asked a girl out once to her face, she turned me down flat. Most awkward moment of my life.

5The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think its the ego - people's ego gets hurt when rejected - its like a judgement that you're not good enough and we don't like to hear it or feel like that. But I think it is wrong to be hurt by rejection, if you see it as we all like different things and maybe they are a lesbian it helps.

6The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Passi wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Why do we do that Passi - like someone but never ask them out and never know what would happen?

It's the million dollar question MB, it really is.

I used to have a friend when I was in my twenties who would ask anyone he even slightly fancied out. He was 5ft3 and chubby but had the gift of the gab. He'd walk up to these stunners in pubs and clubs and within 15 minutes was asking them out. 99 times out of 100 he'd get rejected but he didn't care, because 1 time out of a 100 he'd get a 'yes' and go on a date with a total babe. I wish I could have been like that.

I have only asked a girl out once to her face, she turned me down flat. Most awkward moment of my life.

He wasn't from Croydon, was he???

Only asking as I have friend who is very similar and asks more or less every woman to marry him and doesn't give a damn about the negatives!

7The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Sun Aug 19 2012, 23:05

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Because you are all Gayer's, take every chance and go for it.

8The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Sun Aug 19 2012, 23:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Because you are all Gayer's, take every chance and go for it.

But you ended up with a horse.

9The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Mon Aug 20 2012, 12:42

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

How does a bloke out with his mates get the balls to go over to a group of girls and ask one out in front of both groups.

10The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Mon Aug 20 2012, 12:44

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

50-50 chance of having some good loving, always go for it.

11The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Mon Aug 20 2012, 19:17

Tracy Jones. What a slut. I still dream about her.

12The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Mon Aug 20 2012, 19:29

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think most teenaged guys are like that. We like girls from a distance and don't usually get up the gumption to make an approach. As to the one that got away? Where do I begin...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Mon Aug 20 2012, 19:45

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton Hater wrote:Tracy Jones. What a slut. I still dream about her.

I thnk you'll find she was out of your league

14The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Tue Aug 21 2012, 08:17

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

It narks me when I hear an adult tell a teenager that they have no idea what love is because arguably teenage love is more affecting and powerful than any you feel as an adult. It has none of the jaded experiences to tarnish it, it's raw and visceral.

As a teenager I was short and dumpy ( I didn't get past 5 foot til I was 15), but I was hopelessly infatuated with the teenaged beauty that was Ellen Evans. I hadn't a choirboy in the Vatican's chance of getting away from it with my ego intact however as I confided in a classmate. The teasing from all, including the previously saintly Ms. Evans was merciless. I'd have taken it from others but from her too? That's what really hurt.

She wasn't the one that got away though as really I had no chance in the first place. As it is, I met up again with the actual "the one that got away" and she's now the ex Mrs Camel. Proving that the idealist vision you build up is never going to be matched by the reality.
Admiring from afar would have been the best course of action there.

15The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Tue Aug 21 2012, 13:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Wendy James

16The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Tue Aug 21 2012, 16:01

TheHateCamel wrote:It narks me when I hear an adult tell a teenager that they have no idea what love is because arguably teenage love is more affecting and powerful than any you feel as an adult. It has none of the jaded experiences to tarnish it, it's raw and visceral.

As a teenager I was short and dumpy ( I didn't get past 5 foot til I was 15), but I was hopelessly infatuated with the teenaged beauty that was Ellen Evans. I hadn't a choirboy in the Vatican's chance of getting away from it with my ego intact however as I confided in a classmate. The teasing from all, including the previously saintly Ms. Evans was merciless. I'd have taken it from others but from her too? That's what really hurt.

She wasn't the one that got away though as really I had no chance in the first place. As it is, I met up again with the actual "the one that got away" and she's now the ex Mrs Camel. Proving that the idealist vision you build up is never going to be matched by the reality.
Admiring from afar would have been the best course of action there.

i enjoyed your post camel. shame miss evans turned out to be a bitch.

17The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Tue Aug 21 2012, 17:09

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I wouldn't castigate her too much Jayne, when confronted so by such information about the lowest of the low in school social terms, one cannot have expected her to react any other way I don't suppose.

That experience did form part of who I am now though. I cannot abide bullies of any sort and being a fairly articulate and quite a big bloke I don't let it happen around me.

It also in a wierd way taught me to not set my sights low as to avoid disappointment, but rather to see past the surface no matter what the appearance of a woman. Consequently the current girlfriend and now future Mrs Camel is something of a stunner. And might I add a kind and generous soul to boot. ay out of my league some have said and I'd agree in a strange way, but not how they mean it.

18The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Wed Aug 22 2012, 11:41

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The first girl I ever went out with was really gorgeous looking and I never thought I stood a chance but, like you do, I asked a friend of hers to say I fancied her and she agreed to a date. It turned out she was the sister of one of Bolton's first team players and she was one of the reasons I first got into watching Wanderers in the first place, so I can thank her for that at least. Neutral

I think it must have been the magical combo of great looks and low self esteem, as Mark Corrigan put it, that gave me any sort of a chance in the first place but sadly it only lasted a few months and she started seeing someone else. Crying or Very sad

19The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Wed Aug 22 2012, 13:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:It turned out she was the sister of one of Bolton's first team players and she was one of the reasons I first got into watching Wanderers in the first place, so I can thank her for that at least.

Thank?

20The one that got away? Empty Re: The one that got away? Wed Aug 22 2012, 14:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Numpty 28723 wrote:It turned out she was the sister of one of Bolton's first team players and she was one of the reasons I first got into watching Wanderers in the first place, so I can thank her for that at least.

Thank?

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum