Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ben Amos - Should he be our first team keeper now?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS will not be panicked into a decision on goalkeeper Ben Amos this summer.
The former Manchester United star has 12 months left to run on an expensive contract but has not played for Bolton in two years.
Amos spent the whole of last season out on loan at Charlton Athletic in League One, who picked up only a small fraction of his salary, and has spoken of his desire to play for the Addicks again. But with Wanderers in a stronger financial position than they were 12 months ago, it is understood the club will be seeking a much better deal if they are to send him out next season.

And they are willing to take their time to find the right club, which could mean the keeper getting involved with the club’s pre-season schedule.
Charlton have already been told they must pay a larger slice of his wage if they want to take him back to The Valley – where he played every minute in the league for the Addicks as they fell at the play-off semi-final stage.
It remains to be seen what budget will be on offer at the South London club, or indeed whether caretaker boss Lee Bowyer will get the nod to take the job on full-time.

Amos’s form has caught the attention, however, and while a reconciliation at Wanderers looks unlikely with Jake Turner showing progression to push on as a senior keeper, the 28-year-old should have plenty of takers.

A disappointing loan spell at Cardiff City in the Championship during 2016/17 meant Amos dropped down a division to play regular football this season. Though Charlton lost in the play-offs, Amos said he thoroughly enjoyed his time with the club.

“I want to thank everyone at the club and the fans who supported us this season,” he posted online. “In February we were dead and buried but pulled off an incredible comeback to get into the play-offs.
“There’s nothing I wanted more than to win at Wembley for you all. I gave everything I had, as those closest to me can attest to. A touch more luck and composure and we could have pulled it off.

“I can’t speak on the future, all I can say is I would be honoured to play for this club again at some point in time.
“Please don’t take for granted what you have here, the players will need your unwavering support going forward. Whatever happens, I’ll be rooting for you.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/bolton_wanderers/16251987.Wanderers_keeper_Ben__39_s_future_is_up_in_the_air/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum