Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How crap is John McGinlay?

+3
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How crap is John McGinlay? Empty How crap is John McGinlay? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It looks like Alan Gowling has quit GMR and been replaced...by Coyle's mate!

I didn't think my footballing depression could get worse at 5pm yesterday, until I got back to my car and listened to McGinlay's take on the game.

Do the BBC think we don't have enough Scottish bullshit to contend with?

2How crap is John McGinlay? Empty Re: How crap is John McGinlay? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:It looks like Alan Gowling has quit GMR and been replaced...by Coyle's mate!

I didn't think my footballing depression could get worse at 5pm yesterday, until I got back to my car and listened to McGinlay's take on the game.

Do the BBC think we don't have enough Scottish bullshit to contend with?

I haven't listened to GMR for 20 years. What was so bad about McGinlay?

3How crap is John McGinlay? Empty Re: How crap is John McGinlay? Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BBC Radio Manchester, again, isn't it? Hoe can they justify calling it that when it broadcasts from Salford!!!

4How crap is John McGinlay? Empty Re: How crap is John McGinlay? Sun Aug 19 2012, 23:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought he was good.

everything he said was true.

Didn't help that on the "phone in" 1 person phoned up and the rest of the time was spent begging people to call in.

5How crap is John McGinlay? Empty Re: How crap is John McGinlay? Sun Aug 19 2012, 23:09

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I caught bits of his Commentary, from what i heard he seemed critical of our play, and in particular Mark Davies.

Thought he lived in America nowadays, made me wonder whether he was being lined up has our next Manager?:

6How crap is John McGinlay? Empty Re: How crap is John McGinlay? Mon Aug 20 2012, 01:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I haven't listened to GMR for 20 years. What was so bad about McGinlay?

For a start, he'll only ever be so critical of Coyle - they're mates. He was always defending him last season in the local rag.
I've never rated his BEN column - never really wrote much sense (bar his 'letter' to Megson) and irritated me with his clichés about Kevin Davies.

Also his voice is very cold, in an Andy Murray type way.

7How crap is John McGinlay? Empty Re: How crap is John McGinlay? Mon Aug 20 2012, 01:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's interesting to read a BWFC fan criticising John McGinlay for anything. I haven't heard him on the radio, but doffcocker is right to say McGinlay tows the club line a bit too much in his BEN column.

For me, he'll always be a hero, I can't bring myself to criticise him. He's Super John McGinlay.

8How crap is John McGinlay? Empty Re: How crap is John McGinlay? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:19

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I doubt Doffcocker ever saw the great man play. Saying that he'd have probably hated him for some reason. That's what he usually does to Bolton heroes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum