Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display?

4 posters

Side bar stuff... Good, bad or Ugly?

Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display? Vote_lcap0%Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display? Vote_lcap33%Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display? Vote_rcap 33% [ 3 ]
Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display? Vote_lcap56%Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display? Vote_rcap 56% [ 5 ]
Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display? Vote_lcap11%Should we have the poll thing and other widgets on display? Vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

You should be able to see a poll to the right on your screen. Is it a good idea or bad to have these things on display permanently?

The poll and any other widgets would be updated regularly to show the latest and most recent and relevant topics being debated.

Obviously, it's at the experimental stage so a few things have been chucked up to see if you like the ideas or if it's not worth pursuing.

Let us know your thoughts...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I like the idea but:

I think most viewed need to be limited to the last 7 days since the top one is Cahill wants Man Utd move

I don't think it should appear when your actually viewing a topic, just for the two menu pages

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A good idea that needs tweaking, Biggie.

7 widgets is too many.

I agree with LL's feedback above about most commented, that's not going to reignite discussion about Gary Cahill or Prostitutes.

Probably no need for a widget for so many individual articles.

Perhaps you oculd consider these widget ideas
* updated competition standings widget
* today's top posters widget
* a match thread widget on match days would work well

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be honest I think most of these needs to be on our 'front' page rather than on the forum itself.

If you are a forum regular like myself you know about all the current threads and posts - so not much point in my view having those on the forum page. Similarly the 'history' threads - Cahill to United' will only change once every blue moon as new threads become more widely read over time - so again not much point them being on the day to day forum page.

Good idea but in the wrong place for me.

Perhaps like LH says what may work better on the forum is daily items - the match threads latest post, top five or ten daily posters list - maybe even a 'post' of the day?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum