Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you still shop on the High Street?

+3
boltonbonce
Norpig
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you still shop on the High Street? Empty Do you still shop on the High Street? Mon Jun 11 2018, 15:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I see Poundland as gone into Administration -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44436435

I've never been the world's best shopper and when I do it's usually at some out of town supermarket or my daughter uses her Amazon account (or whatever it is the younger generation uses these days) for whatever I may need.

I even noticed that my High Street Bank had closed down the other day, without me even knowing about it!

Seems that every blue moon when I actually do walk down the local High Street that another shop or two has since closed - and now even pound shops are in trouble!

Does anyone go shopping 'in town' anymore or is that now a thing of the past?

Is internet shopping as good as they say or is it for the younger generation to be more controlled and targeted by the global multi-nationals - all these bots reading what you search for and placing 'relevant' advertisements thereafter for you to see (and be pestered with).

Will children never know the pleasure of standing outside shops holding 'the shopping bags' with your dad (who is having a quick woodbine) whilst your mam is inside buying a new headscarf or a loaf of bread or something?

Happy times!

Well probably not the happiest at the time but we actually did things as a family and can now look back on them fondly.

Are High Streets relevant anymore - will you miss them when they are gone?

Or do you still want them to stay?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I mainly buy online these days, but do still like to actually go to a shop sometimes if i'm clothes shopping. It's a pain having to send clothes back if they don't fit or don't suit.

Manchester city centre still seems to thrive but the smaller towns are suffering, out of town complexes with free parking are the reason why i reckon, who's going to pay for parking to come into Bolton when they can go to the Middlebrook?

I buy a lot from independents as there are so many close by and they often stock locally made or imported products which you won’t find cheaper online. To me that’s the future of high street retailing, people don’t feel connections to big chains.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wander into shops every so often,check out the goods,then go and order them on amazon.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How can anyone buy lingerie or underwear online?

I like nothing better than going into Agent Provocateur and trying on the sexy knickers and bras.

The internet will never be able to replicate that feeling of all eyes looking my way in awe.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:How can anyone buy lingerie or underwear online?

I like nothing better than going into Agent Provocateur and trying on the sexy knickers and bras.

The internet will never be able to replicate that feeling of all eyes looking my way in awe.

Try using the changing rooms next time.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the only way I,for one,can buy it. I might be outed if I had to go into a shop.

Online,my secret is safe.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't really think my last post through. I meant slippers,of course.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do they actually say "Aw"?
Something may be getting lost in translation.
"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum