Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season ticket stealth tax?

+3
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 12:07

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Renewing 10 season tickets on the direct debit plan, all from one account.
There is a £15 admin charge for the direct debit. But you pay per seat!
That's £150 admin charge for one single direct debit!

Surely, they should be saying direct debit tickets are £15 extra for the season, or there is a £15 reduction if you pay up front, or they should be classing it as charging interest for spreading the cost?

Is it just me, or does it seem like a bit of a swizz?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 12:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig mentioned this last week. Seems a bit unfair to me.
I'm lucky in that,having reached 65,my season ticket in the WSU comes to a total of £294,so I'm feeling pretty happy.

3Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 12:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see it as a £15 charge for having the benefit of paying monthly.

4Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 12:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£150 for one DD is excessive. They should be putting their heads together to sort something out.

5Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 12:19

Bolton Nuts

Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I see it as a £15 charge for having the benefit of paying monthly.

Yeah, I think so too. However, I feel this should simply be the stated price. I think it's a bit shady to say "the price is X and you can spread the cost interest free - *but it's £15 more."

Don't say it's an admin charge when it is not.

6Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 12:30

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You pay fees everywhere you go now. Ordered some wrestling tickets for Manchester in November and I've paid booking fees on all 8 tickets, even though they were booked at the same time!

7Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 12:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It does seem a bit unfair to bring it in this season but i suspect they see it as an easy way to make a few more quid as a lot of fans will use the Direct Debit scheme. I didn't know about this till i got my renewal letter, it should have been better advertised as it does seem a bit sneaky. I've used the DD option for years now so how can there suddenly be extra charges?

8Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 12:36

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Would it not make sense to get a 0% credit card and purchase the ST in full then pay it off monthly?

9Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 13:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Would it not make sense to get a 0% credit card and purchase the ST in full then pay it off monthly?
 If i'd known about it beforehand then yes probably. It may have been said somewhere but i didn't see it and i suspect many others haven't either.

10Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There may be room in my box now that Cecil has had his marching orders.

11Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 14:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's always room in your box from what i've heard  Razz

12Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 14:50

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:There's always room in your box from what i've heard  Razz

Enough room in there for everyone on the Nuts forum to be in it at the same time. cyclops

Think that's her fantasy.

13Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 14:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Enough room in there for everyone on the Nuts forum to be in it at the same time.

You must all be tiny.

14Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 15:28

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd definitely question why they have put on 10 separate admin fees to pay 1 direct debit.

15Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Mon Jun 25 2018, 15:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They put 2 x £15 on for my 2 seats, it's an easy way to raise another 150K if 10,000 season tickets are sold, still think it's very cheeky. Most people can't afford to buy one upfront which they will know. King Ken has gone down in my estimations after this.

16Season ticket stealth tax? Empty Re: Season ticket stealth tax? Tue Jun 26 2018, 10:38

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Mr Pig, it's in the *asterisk after the pricing table, right at the end of all the info. A bit like small print.

So if you only read the main bit about pricing and allow your tickets to auto renew, it's easy to assume that you are simply signing up to the same deal as last year...
At £15 it's like paying for an extra match that doesn't exist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum