Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed

+6
xmiles
boltonbonce
DEANO82
rammywhite
Growler
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Empty OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Tue Jun 26 2018, 19:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles breaking news on twitter now -

Wanderers have signed Clayton Donaldson on a one-year

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bolton Wanderers are pleased to announce the signing of Clayton Donaldson on a one-year deal.
The striker, who is a full Jamaica international, started his foray into the game with his hometown club Bradford City as a youngster before earning his professional stripes with Hull City in 2002.
During his three years with the Tigers meanwhile, he enjoyed loan spells with Harrogate Town, Scarborough and Halifax Town before he made the permanent switch to York City in 2005.
And it was with the Minstermen that Donaldson truly introduced himself to English football, with him notching 42 times in 91 appearances – form that convinced Scottish outfit Hibernian to take him to Easter Road in the summer of 2007.
After a single season north of the border, the forward returned to England with Crewe Alexandra and impressed with the Railwaymen, finding the back of the net 49 times in three years.
The summer of 2011 then saw Donaldson move to the capital for the first time with Brentford and the Yorkshireman averaged just less than a goal every three games for the Bees, with his final campaign at Griffin Park seeing the club win promotion to the Sky Bet Championship.
The striker then made the switch to Birmingham City four summers ago and in three years at St Andrew’s, he turned out for the Blues on 117 occasions in all competitions, scoring 34 goals.
Most recently however, the 34-year-old was on the books of Sheffield United during the 2017/18 campaign where he scored five goals as the Blades finished tenth in the Sky Bet Championship.
Speaking to bwfc.co.uk after completing the move, Donaldson said: “It feels great to have the move finally signed and sealed.
"I just cannot wait to get started. I spoke to the manager before I went away on holiday and I knew straight away that Bolton Wanderers was the club for me.
"I feel like I can bring experience to the team and goals - as a striker, you want to contribute to help the side to push on and do well in the league and I'm determined to do that here at Bolton."
Manager Phil Parkinson added: "We're pleased to welcome Clayton to the club. You can never have enough strikers in your squad and he is a player who has a lot of Championship experience.
"We're looking forward to working with him this year and although we still have a lot of work to do in terms of our squad building, Clayton is a very good addition to the team."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Framed as a replacement for Wilbraham it’s not a bad signing. 

But if this is the exciting news Lee Anderson was on about, he can fuck off.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Another signing of the standard id expect us to be signing if we'd got relegated.The lad from Walsall is the only one so far with any hope of moving us up the table

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't like being negative but I'm rather underwhelmed by this. Is this really the best that we can do?

Growler wrote:Another signing of the standard id expect us to be signing if we'd got relegated.The lad from Walsall is the only one so far with any hope of moving us up the table

We have a league one budget, so not a surprise this is the level we’re signing at the moment.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's 4 years younger than Wilbraham, that is all I can say.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's reached the bottom of the ladder,and is ready to step off. A 12 month deal is a nice little earner,as he prepares to depart for League 1 and lower.
Nothing to get excited about.

10OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Tue Jun 26 2018, 23:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:Framed as a replacement for Wilbraham it’s not a bad signing. 

But if this is the exciting news Lee Anderson was on about, he can fuck off.

Yes replacement for Wilbraham says it all really.

11OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Wed Jun 27 2018, 00:57

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Patience. They're currently filling buckets and our primary striker is yet to be signed.

The Championship is stronger this season and we simply wont stay up without someone capable of hitting the back of the net on a semi-regular basis. 

The Donaldson signing does no more than fill a hole... just ask his wife

12OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Wed Jun 27 2018, 05:57

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Growler wrote:Another signing of the standard id expect us to be signing if we'd got relegated.The lad from Walsall is the only one so far with any hope of moving us up the table

We have a league one budget, so not a surprise this is the level we’re signing at the moment.

Why should we have a similar budget to Shrewsbury and Gillingham when we get far bigger crowds,an extra £4 million than them from Championship TV revenue and have a £6 million bonus from selling our top scorer to play with?

When Gillingham lost 4-0 at our ground two seasons ago their manager said the result was how it should be given the budgets.

13OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Wed Jun 27 2018, 07:23

You’ll have to ask Ken. But as far as I’m aware the club still makes a loss, so £6 million would be servicing that in part at least I’m sure.

14OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Wed Jun 27 2018, 11:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like everyone else not overly enthused with this. As a back up striker i can understand us signing him but we need a younger and hungrier striker as well.

15OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Wed Jun 27 2018, 12:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His scoring record is good, he always looks a threat when we play against him. I actually think Donaldson and Le Fondre would make a pretty decent partnership. Not that I expect Parky to play 2 up top.

16OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Clayton Donaldson signed Thu Jun 28 2018, 15:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm with Nat on this. Not world beating but useful and knows where the goal is. With ALF he'd be a good foil and probably bring us an extra (including assists) an extra 15, maybe 20 goals over the course of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum