Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Sunderland man aims for Ireland recall after Bolton move

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MARC Wilson wants to use his move to Wanderers to kick-start his career for both club and country.
After signing a 12-month deal at the Macron yesterday the former Stoke City man has pledged to make an immediate impact at his new club.
Embroiled in a struggling squad at Sunderland last season he fell off Martin O’Neill’s radar for the Republic of Ireland.
But with designs on avoiding the relegation zone altogether at Bolton, Wilson feels he still has plenty to give.
“For me, personally, it’s a good move to get myself playing football again and hopefully help the club do well,” he said.

“I spoke to the manager a while back and he was very positive about it.
“That (playing again for Ireland) is a big part for me. I want to come here and do well, not twiddle my thumbs.”
Wilson’s last international cap came in a friendly against Oman in August 2016 but he was selected as an unused substitute in a World Cup qualifier in Serbia a month later.

Having played the majority of his career in the top flight, the two-time FA Cup finalist is looking to repair some damage done in a difficult spell on Wearside.
Wanderers are also seeking a vast improvement on last season’s struggles and have quietly added quality to their squad this summer.
“It’s a good club,” Wilson said. “I’ve played against Bolton many times in the past and had my fair share of battles, especially when I was at Stoke.
“I’m expecting the team to do well this year – that’s what the manager would want. The team just survived last year so you’d think they’d be looking to improve on that.
“We’ve got to give it our all and see where we end up.”
Phil Parkinson said Wilson’s versatility could be a valuable asset for the Whites this term.
“He’s a player who’s played at the top level in English football and also on the international stage,” he said “He can play across the back four as well as holding midfield and is a great addition to our squad.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16374123.ex-sunderland-man-aims-for-ireland-recall-after-bolton-move/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum