Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alnwick: We can keep out Derby after Manchester United cup win

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson will be out to do what Jose Mourinho couldn’t in the Carabao Cup at Manchester United on Tuesday night, and quell a Rams side now starting to find their stride in the Championship.

A key decision facing the Bolton boss is how to re-shape the middle of his defence, now lacking the suspended Marc Wilson, and whether to reinstate long-trusted duo David Wheater and Mark Beevers.

Former Nottingham Forest centre-back Jack Hobbs will feel confident of keeping his place having impressed in his first league start for the club in last weekend’s stubborn 0-0 draw at Ipswich Town.

But whatever his manager chooses, Alnwick is upbeat about the options in defence for the visit of Frank Lampard’s in-form Derby.

“The strength in depth we’ve got this season is much, much better,” he told The Bolton News. “We need to get back to winning ways at home and after taking a point like that, working so hard, I think we’ll be confident going into the game that we can.

“Hobbsy came in (against Ipswich) and he was absolutely outstanding. You can see he’s a class player who reads the game really well.

“I felt sorry for Willo (Marc Wilson) because since he came into the club you look at him in training and wonder how he wasn’t getting a game. We’d started so well he had to wait for his chance but I am positive he will bounce back.

“But we’ve got some good players, so whatever the gaffer chooses, I think we’ll be okay.”

Alnwick, captain for the day at Portman Road, has been content with the start Wanderers have made to the season overall.

“It has been a mixed bag,” he said. “We had a great start and even though there have been a couple of games we’ve been disappointed with all the signs are there for us to kick on.

“We’ll go into the Derby game looking to put more points on the board.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum