Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stupid Purchases

+5
Sluffy
bwfc71
Bernard Dennis Park
Quent
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stupid Purchases Empty Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 18:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We all make stupid purchases. Some things look great in the shop, but on the way home turn into the most dreadful item you've ever seen. Or you see something that seems a bargain, but you later realise it wasn't.

I have many stupid purchases in my flat. From the £200 shoes that don't fit, the "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt, and the crappy foot spa that doesn't even massage my feet.

But my worst purchase was a small bit of land behind where my folks live. It was right on the canal and I had dreams of getting mooring rights and charging people to park their boats there for the night. I was so desperate to secure the deal I didn't do my research and it turned out I couldn't moor boats there. Stupid.

2Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 19:25

Bought a run down house with my girlfriend thinking we were the next Sarah Beeney and George Clarke. Went for a cheap survey which didn't tell us half the problems. Ended up taking a year to complete and by the time we'd finished and sold the house we made a loss of £500. Doesn't sound a lot but we'd both given up our jobs.

3Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 19:59

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I booked this munter off the internet. £100 for 2 hours. Never again.

Stupid Purchases American_Werewolf

4Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 20:48

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

2011/12 Bolton Wanderers season ticket. Waste of money.

5Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 21:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Something similar to LH but it was a semi-detached in Little Lever. Had all the surveys down properly etc etc etc. Sold it 2 years later but the profit was nowhere near as much as I hoped for - only made 800 - didn't realise all the hidden charges and taxes.

6Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 21:37

My BWFC shares.

7Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 21:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Passi wrote:My BWFC shares.

I was doing well in both forgettting about them and not mentioning them.....

DAVIES - OUT!

GARTSIDE - OUT!

COYLE - OUT!

(ps I know Gartside and Coyle were not part of the set up when Eddie Davies bought them!)

8Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 21:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iirc Gartside introduced Davies to the club.

9Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 21:58

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I used to have a pair of Timberland shoes that I really liked and wore all the time till they eventually got worn out. I decided to replace them straight away and paid £120 for a brand new identical pair but it just wasn't the same wearing new ones so I put them back in the box and shoved them under the bed, where they've been for years now.

How about squirrel underpants from stupid.com?

Stupid Purchases SQUP_thumb

10Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 22:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Iirc Gartside introduced Davies to the club.

I seem to remember that he did, as well, but at the time Gartside wasn't Chairman and only a mid-member of the board!

11Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 22:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc71 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Iirc Gartside introduced Davies to the club.

I seem to remember that he did, as well, but at the time Gartside... (was) only a mid-member of the board!

bwfc71 wrote:
(ps I know Gartside... (was) not part of the set up when Eddie Davies bought them!)

Well was he a part of the "set up" at the time or not?

I think he was myself!

12Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 22:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He didn't have any real say in how the club was run - he took an opportunity to introduce someone but thats it! The final say basically came down to the top-level board members (mainly the Warburtons).

13Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 22:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Directors usually put their money into a club - least that what they used to do back in the say.

Gartside wasn't on the board to make it look any prettier and as an accountant I'm sure he knew a bit about investing his own money.

You said above he wasn't any part of the set up at the time Davies came aboard - the fact that he was an existing director says otherwise.

Anyway it's all history now.

14Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Sun Aug 26 2012, 22:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BWFC shares is a great call by Passi. I think I bought 800 quid's worth when they were first issued, and ended up selling them for 350.

I was in Bolton after school one day and witnessed a lot of adults handing over money at a 'mock auction' in the retail unit where Game is now on the edge of Victoria Square. Seeing all those people opening their bottles of garbage perfume and snide one pound watches, that they'd agreed to buy 'blind' for a fiver or a tenner, and how they'd been so skilfully done over, was a far more useful life lesson than anything I'd learned in the previous 8 hours at school.

15Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Tue Aug 28 2012, 00:18

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Went to Appleby Horse Fair a few years ago, about the time we were interested in Rivaldo.Shocked

Anyway bought this Bell, for 20quid thought it would make a good addition to my Garden, got it home, didn't look right anywhere, so it's still in its box upstairs... might weigh it in.if times get bad.

16Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Wed Aug 29 2012, 01:27

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Some years back the wife wanted some baby ducks for our garden pond so I went to this bloke who sold me two baby ducks. They grew into two fucking big geese that wrecked the garden. They mated and we had geese everywhere I had to get rid of them.

17Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Wed Aug 29 2012, 01:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ha, ha, he must have saw you coming AD. Perhaps if you had a serious hair cut you would be afforded more gravitas.

18Stupid Purchases Empty Re: Stupid Purchases Wed Aug 29 2012, 02:01

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:Ha, ha, he must have saw you coming AD. Perhaps if you had a serious hair cut you would be afforded more gravitas.
At that time I had buzz cuts LH

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum