Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parkinson calls for Wanderers to stand up against Hull City

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has urged his players to stand tall in what could be a definitive 90 minutes in his Bolton Wanderers reign.

Pressure has built on the Wanderers boss after a run of one win in 10 games, the latest of which saw his side decimated by Nottingham Forest on Wednesday night.

Calls for a change in manager have grown louder in recent times – and Ken Anderson’s claim on Thursday that he would take “whatever actions are necessary” to remedy the club’s form have been widely interpreted as an ultimatum.

Nigel Adkins’ side start the day in the bottom three, still seven points behind Bolton – who until recently had been enjoying their best start to the season for more than a decade.

But as Parkinson looks to arrest the slide and ease the stress on his own position he has called on his own players to step up and take today’s game by the scruff of the neck.

“When you have been beaten at home and on the type of run we are on you need bravery,” he told The Bolton News.

“We need to be brave in the way we go about the game, the way we handle the ball, the way we play. That’s what we have to do against Hull.

“I will be looking for those players who will stand up and be counted.”

Parkinson accepts the finger of blame is being pointed at him – particularly in a spell where Wanderers are struggling to create chances and score goals.

Wednesday night’s defeat against Nottingham Forest sparked a backlash against the Bolton boss but he does not anticipate any lingering problems against the Tigers this afternoon.

“Every time you get beat there’s frustration but I don’t think it had an effect on the players at all. I thought the fans were fine,” he said.

“That’s part and parcel of football at any level. When you get beat at home the fans are not going to be happy. We need to find an identity again, a way of playing to get results.

“We need that before Saturday. It’s one hell of a game coming up.

“We need to be more competitive and make sure we do ourselves justice.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum