Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Is The First Thing You Notice About People?

+4
Angry Dad
TheHateCamel
largehat
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When you meet someone for the first time, what is the first thing you notice about them?

Are you looking into their eyes, or if it's a woman, their breasts? Or are you one of those people that judge someone by the firmness of their handhake?

Do you think you get judged on how you look?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think if I'm honest, I 'check out' women when I first meet them, but only if I can 'get away' with it. If I can't, I will check them out later.

Handshakes can be important, but I don't read too much into them. I shake hands with women very gently, I try to have it so that my finger tips reach their palm, whereas with a bloke, it's a full handshake any my fingertips will touch their wrist. This is because I think you should shake hands with a lady differently and partly because my hands are like shovels.

I only really pay attention to the nature of a handshake in a business situation usually, a firm handshake suggests commitment and sincerity, a loose handshake, perhaps not. But it's not a clincher either way.

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I do actually look into peoples eyes. Not stare at them like some kind of Marty Feldman impersonator Shocked , just an easy glance. If someone can make eye contact with you for a couple of seconds then I feel they're obviously a person confident within their own self and can be a bit more at ease with them.
Alternately if they do seem more uneasy or less confident then it doesn't make knowing them any less worthwhile, just that it takes a bit more work on my part.

I once went out with a girl whose first judgement was always on someone's shoes, she claimed she could know all about someone from their footwear. Bit bizarre if you ask me. Suspect

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote:

I once went out with a girl whose first judgement was always on someone's shoes, she claimed she could know all about someone from their footwear. Bit bizarre if you ask me. Suspect

Oh shit, did we date??

This is me, I judge everyone on the shoes they wear.

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:
TheHateCamel wrote:

Oh shit, did we date??

This is me, I judge everyone on the shoes they wear.

Really? I just think it's terribly arbitrary.
I wear steel toe caps for work, proper running shoes when going for a run, I have a pair of hand-made Oxford Brogues for when I want to go suited and booted.

What I mean is it's all relative.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote:

Really? I just think it's terribly arbitrary.
I wear steel toe caps for work, proper running shoes when going for a run, I have a pair of hand-made Oxford Brogues for when I want to go suited and booted.

What I mean is it's all relative.

It's not so much WHAT shoes you are wearing as the condition. I wouldn't date or do business with someone who wore scuffed shoes.

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I see what you're saying but I think she was more interested in the type of footwear they had on.
I must admit if I see lads wearing those little geisha style shoes with stupid elasticated bottoms on their chinos I do shake my head in wonder. Mind you, the same applied when there was a fashion for big para style boots worn open and unlaced with the jeans bottoms tucked in. Garbage fashion for knuckle heads.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

With men i am alway's cold until i know if they are sincere.
Women well i am bad, i check out the face first,if they have a nice full mouth' big breasts' small feet and not over 5-4 brunette i love em from the start.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

a bit like TheHateCamel - it has to be their eyes!

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You do start some good threads, Nat

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:You do start some good threads, Nat

Sarcastic bugger.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:You do start some good threads, Nat

Sarcastic bugger.

I meant it

Provokes thought

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:

I meant it

Provokes thought

Ok, thanks. I'm very interested in the human mind, and how we react to one another.

I have always been judged on my looks, everything else has been irelevant.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:

I meant it

Provokes thought

Ok, thanks. I'm very interested in the human mind, and how we react to one another.

I have always been judged on my looks, everything else has been irelevant.

You aren't as difficult as you used to be and it gives others more room to work with you.

Breasts, BTW

Eyes when I'm in Blackburn, fanny when I'm in Bolton 'cause it's usually hanging out.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton Hater wrote:Eyes when I'm in Blackburn, fanny when I'm in Bolton 'cause it's usually hanging out.

Eyes are all you see in Blackburn

Lyric Todkill wrote:

That makes no sense.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton Hater wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:

That makes no sense.

It does

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Lyric Todkill wrote:
Bolton Hater wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:

That makes no sense.

It does

I no what you mean. Very Happy

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Noticed when i've had the misfortune to visit Blackburn
There are too many Quasimodo lookalikes about... summerts not reet, there.

What Is The First Thing You Notice About People? Hunchback-laughton

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum