Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton urged to pile pressure on Wednesday boss Jos Luhukay

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson wants Wanderers to take maximum advantage of Sheffield Wednesday’s woes at Hillsborough tonight.

Pressure is building on Owls boss Jos Luhukay after his side dropped out of play-off contention, taking just one point from an available 18.

Calls for a change of manager intensified on Saturday after a 2-1 reverse against Derby County, with Dutchman Luhuaky admitting the club’s hopes of a top six finish on an ever-reducing budget were too optimistic.

Parkinson feels Wanderers have turned a corner, albeit they are still without a victory in their last eight outings. And with a potentially volatile atmosphere in store this evening, he hopes the Whites can capitalise.

“There are big expectations at Sheffield Wednesday, it’s a huge club, and results have not gone their way at all,” he told The Bolton News.

“I was at the derby game a few weeks ago and I think they acquitted themselves pretty well on the night, even though they rode their luck slightly in the first half.

“It didn’t go their way on Saturday against a very good Derby team so we need to go and build what we can there. I think we can go there with some confidence.”

Luhukay vowed to fight for his job but refused to comment on the potential ramifications of defeat.

"As the manager, I have the responsibility for that," he said. "So I run not away, I will fight for good results, for good performances, and success for Sheffield Wednesday and that's it - more I can not do."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Luhukay vowed to fight for his job but refused to comment on the potential ramifications of defeat.

I don't think that's something you need to worry about, Jos old bean.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are always very accommodating for teams on a bad run so i can't see us winning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum