Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Those two potential bidders for our club that apparently had the funds

+4
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS’ attempts to find new investment have been dealt a blow after owner Ken Anderson revealed potential buyers for the club have failed to produce the goods.

Having billed a £30million race between parties from the US and the Middle East as ‘first past the post’ just last month – Anderson has now been forced to concede the talks have not advanced as he had hoped.

The Bolton News has learned that two big-money backers were recommended to Anderson by a top Premier League fixer but despite weeks of discussion, it is claimed neither has produced adequate proof of funds to take the deal forward.

Both bids had been heavily endorsed by a trusted third party and researched – prompting Anderson’s hubris – but the lack of progress has now forced him into a public climb-down, bringing with it a fair amount of criticism from the Wanderers fans.

Another consortium, comprising some local businessmen and a major backer from Ireland, has also expressed a serious interest – but, again, progress has been slow.

Anderson voiced his disappointment yesterday via Wanderers’ official website.
“I am afraid that despite assurances, the potential investors I mentioned last month have yet to be able to provide proof of the their ability to finance any proposed purchase,” he said.

“Before I will allow anyone to consume the huge time commitment that the due diligence process will place upon our staff, I need to be satisfied that any potential investor has the ability to provide both the source and availability of their funds to satisfy the financial requirements of the EFL.
“Without this comfort it would be impossible for any acquisition to proceed but I can assure supporters I am very receptive to finding someone who has the financial ability to bring back the success we all want for our club.
“I will welcome anyone who can pick up the baton from me and get us back to the heights enjoyed during Eddie Davies’s ownership of the club.

“Whilst there are a number of interested parties out there purporting to have the ability to buy a football club, you will see from the very small number of clubs that have successfully found new owners how many timewasters there are in the market.
“I reiterate my previous statement that I am fully committed to finding investment and that the perceived lack of progress is not due to any unreasonable demands from myself.
“I continue to maintain that this club offers a serious investor the best value of any team outside of the Premier League and myself and the senior staff will work diligently to find the right custodian to take the club forward.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17266166.sale-hopes-dashed-for-bolton-wanderers-chairman-ken-anderson/

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So in short he's saying nobody has come forward to be able to prove they can finance running the club, going fucking well for him isn't it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of lying crap from Anderson.
One of the “big money backers” has enough to buy Manure, never mind us - just baulked at meeting Anderson’s unrealistic payoff demands and now Anderson is trying to spin it - again.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:What a load of lying crap from Anderson.
One of the “big money backers” has enough to buy Manure, never mind us - just baulked at meeting Anderson’s unrealistic payoff demands and now Anderson is trying to spin it - again.
Really lusty? Who is this backer and how do you know what they do or don't have. And how are you privy to what Ken has or hasn't asked for? Please, enlighten me.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hilarious!!!

Yes of course you would know all about the confidential going ons at the club!

And some big money backers rich enough to buy United ($4.12 billion or about £4.3 billion pounds - see link below) stomp off over a few million pounds or so Anderson might want for the club!!!

Yeah right!

Hahaha you nutjob!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2018/06/12/the-worlds-most-valuable-soccer-teams-2018/#7e15e4ae45c8

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ken told Bolton fans at the Q and A before the Blackburn match that two potential buyers had provided proof of funds.
Last week he changed his story  to that they had provided proof of funds to someone else and it had turned out to be incorrect

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ll request clearance to provide details now that it looks like the deal’s been f***** up.

Btw he’s had a long and highly successful relationship with PP

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I’ll request clearance to provide details now that it looks like the deal’s been f***** up.

Btw he’s had a long and highly successful relationship with PP

:rofl:

Hahaha!!!

Was this BILLIONAIRE going to finish the job of bankrupting the club and robbing the petty cash like you keep telling us Anderson is!!!!

You utter nutjob.

Those two potential bidders for our club that apparently had the funds Tell-me-a-story-Jackanory

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Guys is there really any need for this childish behaviour?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

lusty, no offence but your "ITK" stuff is worse than boggers. You claim one of the backers could have bought Man Utd? Who is this super rich individual and surely if he had that kind of money then if Ken had asked 30 million that's pocket change to a person who can afford a club currently valued at more than three billion pounds? If this person could afford to buy Man Utd then why haven't they done that? If I wanted a football club then I'd buy the one that guarantees me a profit every season not a small town outfit struggling at the bottom of the second tier and living hand to mouth on a limited income.

Frankly mate you're starting to sound like you need my meds.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Person who PMd me about this - my reply is stuck in outbox, perhaps cause I’m still in Thailand, but answer to your question is yes, that’s the guy.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty, no offence but your "ITK" stuff is worse than boggers. You claim one of the backers could have bought Man Utd? Who is this super rich individual and surely if he had that kind of money then if Ken had asked 30 million that's pocket change to a person who can afford a club currently valued at more than three billion pounds? If this person could afford to buy Man Utd then why haven't they done that? If I wanted a football club then I'd buy the one that guarantees me a profit every season not a small town outfit struggling at the bottom of the second tier and living hand to mouth on a limited income.

Frankly mate you're starting to sound like you need my meds.
And you and scruffy are starting to sound like hysterical schoolchildren. Calm down.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Person who PMd me about this - my reply is stuck in outbox, perhaps cause I’m still in Thailand, but answer to your question is yes, that’s the guy.
Got your pm. Many thanks for the confirmation.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Person who PMd me about this - my reply is stuck in outbox, perhaps cause I’m still in Thailand, but answer to your question is yes, that’s the guy.
So are you gonna tell ‘em ? Or is the 
PP cryptic clue enough?

Actually on reflection it makes sense to keep it under wraps just in case Anderson made the announcement that the deal was bust just to up the ante in negotiations .

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
PP cryptic clue enough?

Actually on reflection it makes sense to keep it under wraps just in case Anderson made the announcement that the deal was bust just to up the ante in negotiations .
I'm saying nothing.  Very Happy

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

One day in the not too distant future, we will be sold.  If KA can't afford to pay the bills, and can't afford administration, he has to part ways with the club.  We have no one left with value that can offset the costs of running the club.  Hence, why Parky is still around.  After last year's disastrous start, and after our recent run, he should have been gone.  The funds are not there... so my guess is he will sell as soon as the noose tightens around him.  You can only cry wolf so many times!

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I expect he'll get bailed out by the car park man or the Warburtons to keep us out of admin, the figures involved aren't huge to them, until he accepts he has failed here and sells the club to anyone who will take it on.I wouldn't be surprised if it's just announced one day that he's sold the club and fucked off.
He'll be about as likely to come back and do the half time draw as Meggo.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
PP cryptic clue enough?

Of course it makes sense to keep it under wraps since your ITK smells worse than the faecal matter of a male bovine. But what else can we expect from boggers clone?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
PP cryptic clue enough?

Of course it makes sense to keep it under wraps since your ITK smells worse than the faecal matter of a male bovine. But what else can we expect from boggers clone?

Are you directing this at Bonce then?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum