Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many points in December?

+4
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
MartinBWFC
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How many points in December? Empty How many points in December? Mon Dec 03 2018, 15:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Already 1 on board, but how many more this month?

Sat 8th... Norwich A .... 0 points

Sat 15th... Leeds H...... 0 points

Sat 22nd... Brentford A .... 0 points

Wed 26th... Rotherham H.... 1 point

Sat 29th... Stoke H..... 1 point

So w'll get 3 points for me.

2How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Mon Dec 03 2018, 15:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can see a bit more than that mate. I reckon we'll beat Stoke and draw with Leeds Rotherham and Norwich. So 6 points.

3How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Mon Dec 03 2018, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We might fluke a point at home to Rotherham if they're having a bad day, other than that, nothing.

4How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Mon Dec 03 2018, 16:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely Parky will get it right sooner or later if only because of statistical likelihood?

5How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Mon Dec 03 2018, 19:09

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:We might fluke a point at home to Rotherham if they're having a bad day, other than that, nothing.

Agreed Mad Mad Mad
Oops

6How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Mon Dec 03 2018, 20:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ameobi makes a massive difference. Time and time again he has returned to the side and not necessarily looked great or even passable, yet we somehow look ten times more likely to score a goal with him in the side.

Keeping him fit makes a massive difference.

Assuming he starts every match, I think we could get 6, maybe 7 points.

7How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Mon Dec 03 2018, 20:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Ameobi makes a massive difference. Time and time again he has returned to the side and not necessarily looked great or even passable, yet we somehow look ten times more likely to score a goal with him in the side.

He's started the last few games and has 0 assists and 0 goals.

8How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Mon Dec 03 2018, 21:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6 points

9How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Tue Dec 04 2018, 10:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Ameobi makes a massive difference. Time and time again he has returned to the side and not necessarily looked great or even passable, yet we somehow look ten times more likely to score a goal with him in the side.

He's started the last few games and has 0 assists and 0 goals.

That just means he's not been the (penultimate) person to touch the ball before it ends up in the net.

There are just some things stats can't really account for, often quite subtle things like picking the ball up in our half and taking it forward as little as say eighteen yards and picking out a pass. It sounds like nothing when you put it like that but when nearly every other player is basically a carthouse with no real attacking ability, it counts for a lot over 60-90 minutes.

10How many points in December? Empty Re: How many points in December? Tue Dec 04 2018, 11:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4 points - 3 points against Rotherham and 1 against Brentford.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum