Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If coyle were to be sacked..

+12
Michael Bolton
MartinBWFC
bwfc71
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 15:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who would be your choices to replace him? There aren't many managers out there who would improve us. Personally I would like to see Fernando hierro in charge.

2If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 15:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Roy Keane or Gary Neville.

3If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 15:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Curbishley would be my number 1 choice but I maybe tempted to go for a lower league manager who is in business at the moment.

4If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 15:26

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

paulo di canio - wouldn't leave his current job at the moment.
gianfranco Zola - may be tempted, 'bigger club and all that'
Curbishley - Im not keen on him as a person but hed bring results.
Terry venables - ... Shocked no? ok...

personally id like to piss Wigan off a bit and get Martinez...

you have to admit, Wigan play some beautiful football and get results with it... fucking bastards!!!!

5If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 15:28

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bear Grylls

6If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 15:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jedward? bounce

7If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 15:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Gartside is only going to appoint another useless twat anyway, he needs to go first.

8If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 15:32

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:Gartside is only going to appoint another useless twat anyway, he needs to go first.

^^^^ this.

9If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 16:30

Dave Jones.

10If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 16:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gonnawin4coyle wrote:Personally I would like to see Fernando hierro in charge.

A good shout, and recently left his role at a Spanish club because he wasn't getting paid. No managerial experience, but would be worth the risk just to see him teach Darren Pratley how to pass a football.

Di Canio is the obvious choice as I've said on other threads. Top player in his day, has the respect of the players, isn't scared to drop/sell big time charlies, and has brought nothing but success to Swindon. Trouble is, Swindon are probably a bigger club than us these days.

But, as I've said all along, it'll be Billy Davies.

11If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 16:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sounds good to me - he could teach the defenders and midfielders how to play as well as get in some good young spaniards to improve the squad.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Thu Aug 30 2012, 17:48

Hierro would be great but do you really think he'd swap Spain for Bolton? Not to mention the fact that he may not want to manage a side anyway.

We need to take a risk on a championship/league 1 manager in my opinion (as we did with Allardyce. Somebody forward thinking, with a good football philosophy and will take a punt on players in the lower leagues.

Its a joke we look to spend £3 million on someone like Jay Searing when we could spend a million and pick up a player of the year from a lower side, I don't think it represents anymore of a risk and it can pay dividends, that's what Norwich are doing and it works.

13If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sat Sep 01 2012, 19:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well only one bookmakers is doing odds but their current favourite is RAFA at 6/1

then comes

Bruce.
Curbs.
Lee Clarke
Dave Jones
Schteve
Sven
Alan Shearer
Dean Holdsworth
Souness

oh and for Doffcocker Megson is 16/1

14If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sat Sep 01 2012, 23:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well only one bookmakers is doing odds but their current favourite is RAFA at 6/1

then comes

Bruce.
Curbs.
Lee Clarke
Dave Jones
Schteve
Sven
Alan Shearer
Dean Holdsworth
Souness

Some of these (Shearer, Souness, Sven) should surely be at least 1000/1.

15If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well only one bookmakers is doing odds but their current favourite is RAFA at 6/1

then comes

Bruce.
Curbs.
Lee Clarke
Dave Jones
Schteve
Sven
Alan Shearer
Dean Holdsworth
Souness

Of those names only Lee Clarke and Dean Holdsworth seem possible. But as I keep saying, it'll be Billy Davies.

16If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 09:30

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:

A good shout, and recently left his role at a Spanish club because he wasn't getting paid. No managerial experience, but would be worth the risk just to see him teach Darren Pratley how to pass a football.

Di Canio is the obvious choice as I've said on other threads. Top player in his day, has the respect of the players, isn't scared to drop/sell big time charlies, and has brought nothing but success to Swindon. Trouble is, Swindon are probably a bigger club than us these days.

But, as I've said all along, it'll be Billy Davies.

Not that chap who used to manage Preston? Irvine or summat.

17If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 10:01

Natasha Whittam wrote:

then comes

Bruce.
Curbs.
Lee Clarke
Dave Jones
Schteve
Sven
Alan Shearer
Dean Holdsworth
Souness

Of those names only Lee Clarke and Dean Holdsworth seem possible. But as I keep saying, it'll be Billy Davies.

Lee Clarke is just replacing like for like. A tactically inept manager who is a good motivator but when things start to go wrong he has no plan B. I bet he is sacked by Birmingham before the end of the season.

18If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 10:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What is Ivan Campo doing nowadays?

19If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 10:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One not mentioned yet but worth a shout, Gus Poyet.

20If coyle were to be sacked.. Empty Re: If coyle were to be sacked.. Sun Sep 02 2012, 11:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:One not mentioned yet but worth a shout, Gus Poyet.

I think we have to face facts that Brighton are a bigger and more attractive club than we are these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum